Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Who else suffers from very little usable range on the volume knob? Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? Last post on 3/15/16 at 5:21am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Asgard 2 dynamic range compression in high gain mode? Last post on 10/1/14 at 9:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
1. Introduction The Prophile-8, a 8 balanced armature in-ear monitor, is the new flagship from well-established German brand In-ear. So far the brand had an offering going from 2 to 4 driver...
Video Review It's not unusual to find a headphone or IEM manufacturer to branch out into making their own amps, and then their own cables, but Ken Ball is one of two people who have gone in...
Warm, good sounding player with no harshness. Spacious and natural sound. Easy to listen for long time without any fatigue. Fiio x5 II sounds more neutral and analytical with harshness on upper...
Introduction: I love music and I love good quality sound and this is my hobby. I prefer to find the best portable setups available as I do not like to be stationary. I do not want to be...
INTRO:- When Brainwavz decides to Launch earphones they don’t release one at a time, they like to launch 2-5 earphones in a short period of time. First the M100, first of its kind or say...
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 346
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Being a previous LCD 2.2/Lyr owner I can say that I definitely prefer it paired with solid state amplification. I just couldn't pull enough dynamics out of the LCDs with the Lyr for my personal tastes.
+1 for solid state.
I recently gave up on my maxxed Woo WA6 after i dusted off an old 90's Onkyo receiver i had just sitting in a cupboard. Wow, it simply does everything better than that WA6. The LCD's have simply jumped into another realm of performance.
I agree, I nearly get better dynamics out of it while under powering it with my AV receiver.
Question: Have you tried wa6se with your LCD 2. because many have said that it has enough power and it would give the most out of your audeze. just my observation.
I have not had the chance to try the WA6SE. I have no doubts that there are a lot of tube amplifiers that can drive the LCDs with authority, I just know my Lyr didn't do it for me. It could've been purely tube choice on the tube amplifiers I've tried it with as well, I don't know. I just know in the context of the Lyr specifically, I'd rather spend the money I'd had spent on high end tubes and upgrade straight to a solid state model.
I have a new amplifier coming in tomorrow though, so we'll see how that goes. It's a hybrid amp as well, in a completely different class though.
lol I see what you did there.
Do you want me to come over tonight and we'll find out? ;)
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 8 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 15 seconds ago
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 27 seconds ago
- › Introducing NightOwl Carbon & NightHawk Carbon. Next Generation... 39 seconds ago
- › Does USB power source make a difference? 1 minute ago
- › Why are flagship headphones so expensive now? 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for cheap headphones with similar padding/cushion as BOSE QC25 2 minutes ago
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Fostex TH 900 by Scott Branham
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear