or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 345

post #5161 of 7128

I was really worried about the highs before I got my LCD-2 but now I'm wondering what people dislike about it. On many occassions I've lost time when sitting in front of my computer to take care of something and instead putting my headphones on.  The whole range sounds great to me and the only thing I'd prefer to be different is soundstage and perhaps sensitivity - http://people.duke.edu/~mepm/images/misc/LCD-2_Graph_LNCPapa.png


Edited by LNCPapa - 5/29/13 at 2:55pm
post #5162 of 7128

What is a better amp for bass with the LCD-2? The Schiit Lyr or Burson Conductor? Or, something else? 

 

I tend to like strong bass but not distorted or too muddy. 

post #5163 of 7128
Schiit Mjolnir! That amp works very nicely with LCD2.2s.
post #5164 of 7128
Quote:
Originally Posted by commtrd View Post

Schiit Mjolnir! That amp works very nicely with LCD2.2s.

 I don't really want to go balanced because I need single ended RCA preamp outs to connect to my powered speakers. 

post #5165 of 7128

Then the Conductor is the way to go :)

post #5166 of 7128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

I really, really miss my LCD2. The hotdamn Kingsound electrostatics better be worth me selling the LCD2... frown.gif

Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 7:04pm
post #5167 of 7128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibzilla View Post

I'm sure your new headphone will leave you happy. I had a decent degree of seller's remorse as well. The lcd-2's do electronic so well. After a while though I have fallen in love with these th-600's. Fully extended beautiful treble and the soundstage I was looking for, I have finally found my endgame rig... I think.tongue.gif

Jibzilla,

 

how is the lower end of the TH 600 ? I have only planar HPs to date and looking to invest in one set of closed HPs.

post #5168 of 7128
Quote:
Originally Posted by kothganesh View Post
 

Jibzilla,

 

how is the lower end of the TH 600 ? I have only planar HPs to date and looking to invest in one set of closed HPs.


Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 7:03pm
post #5169 of 7128
Quote:
Originally Posted by phototristan View Post

What is a better amp for bass with the LCD-2? The Schiit Lyr or Burson Conductor? Or, something else? 

 

I tend to like strong bass but not distorted or too muddy. 

Lyr with the Amperex tubes is a fantastic choice, IMHO, for the LCD 2.2. Own 'em and love 'em

post #5170 of 7128

New LCD-2 owner checking in!

 

I got them last week and I did enjoy each of the few hours I could listen to them since. For the burn-in, I have outsourced that to my assistant (who's sleep was btw one of the main reasons which got me from speakers to headphones):

post #5171 of 7128

Just to get some feedback from LCD-2 owners regarding setup. I am getting LCD-2 soon, and now deciding on setup.

 

 

(1) Bifrost & Asgard2

(2) Bifrost & Lyr

(3) Burson HA-160DS

 

Seem to me many like Lyr. Assuming I don't want to go into tube, is (1) or (3) recommended? I'm not sure whether I will be getting higher ohm headphone than LCD-2 in future though.

 

Cheers

post #5172 of 7128
Quote:
Originally Posted by kothganesh View Post

Lyr with the Amperex tubes is a fantastic choice, IMHO, for the LCD 2.2. Own 'em and love 'em

Thanks. I'm actually running that now with the orange globe tubes. I just wonder if the bass would be a little more with the Burson Conductor?

post #5173 of 7128
Quote:
Originally Posted by phototristan View Post

Thanks. I'm actually running that now with the orange globe tubes. I just wonder if the bass would be a little more with the Burson Conductor?
Great. I have the Soloist not the Conductor. The Soloist is more neutral than the Lyr. If the Conductor's amp is similar to the Soloist, then ........
post #5174 of 7128
Quote:
Originally Posted by kothganesh View Post


Great. I have the Soloist not the Conductor. The Soloist is more neutral than the Lyr. If the Conductor's amp is similar to the Soloist, then ........

 

Can you let me know how the bass compares between the Lyr and the Soloist? I believe the Soloist is basically the same or very similar amp as the Conductor. 

post #5175 of 7128

Apparently the price for LCD-2 Rosewood has now jumped up from $995 to $1145. Another $150 for Rosewood. Damn, that sucks a lot. Prices have changed here in Canada at Headphone Bar, Headroom (headphone.com), as well as Audeze.com

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)