or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 340

post #5086 of 7128
I'll kindly refuse. The hyperbole is too much for me. I'll stick to 'wasting' my money.
post #5087 of 7128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

I'll kindly refuse. The hyperbole is too much for me. I'll stick to 'wasting' my money.

You mean not actually get all the data or experience and then make generalizations. rolleyes.gif

post #5088 of 7128
Because you have SO much experience with "waste of money" equipment, right?
post #5089 of 7128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Because you have SO much experience with "waste of money" equipment, right?

Means nothing as you haven't heard them. tongue.gif Please head on over to the GS-X thread and tell them that they own a waste of money and the O2 or a FiiO amp is "just as good" LoL.

 

EDIT: FWIW, for $3750 ($3250+$500 for tube upgrades), I thought the LF didn't offer full value for the money when compared to cheaper amps. But that's part of the journey. 


Edited by MacedonianHero - 5/4/13 at 5:35pm
post #5090 of 7128
Never said that. Taking what I've said out of context. The gist of what I've said is that the LCD2 will sound much better than your claimed 50% off basically anything. The gist of what you're saying is that people are wasting money by buying entry level. Out of touch with reality, with your deep pockets.

Yet, you didn't answer. You claim it's so much better, yet you only have experience in throwing your money at everything with a hefty price tag. You're in the 'It costs more, therefore it's clearly better sounding" camp.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 5/4/13 at 5:39pm
post #5091 of 7128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Never said that. Taking what I've said out of context. The gist of what I've said is that the LCD2 will sound much better than your claimed 50% off basically anything. The gist of what you're saying is that people are wasting money by buying entry level. Out of touch with reality, with your deep pockets.

Yet, you didn't answer. You claim it's so much better, yet you only have experience in throwing your money at everything with a hefty price tag. You're in the 'It costs more, therefore it's clearly better sounding" camp.

Did you not read my comment? Again, here it is:

 

"EDIT: FWIW, for $3750 ($3250+$500 for tube upgrades), I thought the LF didn't offer full value for the money when compared to cheaper amps. But that's part of the journey. " My GS-X cost $1500 less brand new and is head above shoulders better.

 

But one can't compare either to the O2. wink.gif

 

Buying $1000 headphone and using a $100 amp is like buying a Porsche and using a Sonata engine to drive it.

post #5092 of 7128
That argument is incredibly flawed, as not all $1000 headphones can tap into the power of overpriced boutique amps.

It's more like pouring a gallon a milk into a cup.
post #5093 of 7128
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

Did you not read my comment? Again, here it is:

"EDIT: FWIW, for $3750 ($3250+$500 for tube upgrades), I thought the LF didn't offer full value for the money when compared to cheaper amps. But that's part of the journey. " My GS-X cost $1500 less brand new and is head above shoulders better.


But one can't compare either to the O2. wink.gif


Buying $1000 headphone and using a $100 amp is like buying a Porsche and using a Sonata engine to drive it.

Bad analogy. It's more like buying a porsche and using low octane fuel to drive it.
post #5094 of 7128
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post


Bad analogy. It's more like buying a porsche and using low octane fuel to drive it.

Nope...sorry, I don't agree with this at all!

post #5095 of 7128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

That argument is incredibly flawed, as not all $1000 headphones can tap into the power of overpriced boutique amps.

It's more like pouring a gallon a milk into a cup.

How can you say this without hearing any? rolleyes.gif

post #5096 of 7128
How can YOU say that without hearing any? SEE WHAT I DID THERE?
post #5097 of 7128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

The receiver actually MSRP'd at like $750 when it came out, so maybe that wasn't the best comparison. It's a great receiver.

The HD650 sounded damn good off it.

Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 10:00pm
post #5098 of 7128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

How can YOU say that without hearing any? SEE WHAT I DID THERE?

??? I've heard the LCD-2s with some very affordable gear like the O2, speaker amps, portable amps, etc... AND I've heard them with better gear. There is no going back as the differences were rather stark.

post #5099 of 7128
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

Nope...sorry, I don't agree with this at all!

Well, the porsche comes with an engine and I think the equivalent in terns of this is the LCD's drivers. We're nit talking about replacing the drivers are we? Without the engine a porsche is nothing but a metal box. Obviously english isn't one of your strong points cos that analogy you used is just plain poor.
post #5100 of 7128

Gettin' dizzy, running in circles. confused_face.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)