I wouldn't have taken the original bet
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Who else suffers from very little usable range on the volume knob? Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? Last post on 3/15/16 at 5:21am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Asgard 2 dynamic range compression in high gain mode? Last post on 10/1/14 at 9:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
I love the openness and light weight of earbuds, unfortunately those earbuds I tried such as OMX95, MX375, were lack of bass and musicality. Then I found Fiio EM3 is under $10 and got good review,...
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 338
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thought we was talking about the HD650
I know the LCD-2.2s don't take much. I also know they don't scale very well. However, you can get better bass response from them on different setups.
Not an integrated and not 2K - only 1K
Is the HE6 that much better than the LCD2?
There is no such thing as a headphone that doesn't scale on Head-fi. That is, unless the headphone isn't popular, or is a of a brand people don't like.
Yes - and it's bigger brother is better as well. Is it 1K better? Well that would be up to you.
This is IMO..
I thought the LCD-2 was the better headphone. Now preproman will say the opposite, so I guess we'll have to say that they're in the same league, and just leave it to preferences.
Oh I haven't heard it. What I mean, is that the HE-6 has a REAL necessity for power. I HAVE heard the HE-4, which isn't even as hard to drive as the HE-6, and I will tell you, they need an absurd amount of power to get them to even sound halfway proper. Even off the Lyr, I still felt like they could be pushed quite a bit more. Wasn't until I paired them up to the SA-31 that I felt they sounded their best that I've heard them. People do not joke that the Hifiman single-digit planars need power. I can only imagine the kind of power the HE-6 needs.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 5/4/13 at 4:32pm
Ah, so again, this is the crux of the debate. If I were to have the LCD3 and the HE6 plugged into something like the LF, would the HE6 still be better? If not, is that not an example of "scaling"?
It's about how much they can/do scale.
LCD-2's don't offer that 'very' stark experience. Where as the HD800 does, for example.
The biggest mistake is putting these % on it. Like that qualifies as a measure of anything.
Edited by paradoxper - 5/4/13 at 4:34pm
The LCD-3 would sound better. Why? Because the LF can't handle the power demand of the HE-6. It will make them sound bad..
To be honest, if you prefer the 6 to the Lcd3, then even when plugged in a Marantz receiver, the 6 would be better.
On the contrary, if you prefer the Lcd3 sound, plugging the 6 into a megabucks amp won't help.
I think by now, people should already realize the percentage is a guesstimation of how we feel they sound like, not a definitive or even correct answer.
I agree with what Khaine just said, regardless of what you plug them into, if you have a preference for a headphone, changing whatever you're plugging them into isn't gonna magically change your mind. Not sure I'd use the HE-6 as an example though, as I'm pretty sure using lesser equipment will make them sound... not right, if my HE-4 experience proved anything. As I have mentioned, the headphone is gonna give you the majority of a sound. I'd take an LCD2 off an Ipod over an HD650 off my best setup, because I prefer the LCD2's inherent sound.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 5/4/13 at 4:40pm
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- › AURALiC owners unite! 15 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 35 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › Help on deciding for an Amp? (Fiio A3 and Fiio E10k [Or any you... 2 minutes ago
- › AAW Capri Balanced Lightning Audio Cable, with Type-C variant 3 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 6 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 7 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear