- 6,915 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Location: Oz
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for movies Last post on 11/20/12 at 3:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help in deciding on an AMP, DAC and headphones for around £1600 Last post on 11/16/12 at 7:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the SRH1840 be good for metal and rock + gaming? Last post on 10/13/12 at 7:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best open headphone for rock and metal? Last post on 1/4/14 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 330post #4936 of 61514/28/13 at 9:45pmBoth headphones are easy to drive.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4937 of 61514/29/13 at 1:11amQuote:
Your right I forgot I have moded my pro 900's and that was a bad example. I don't think the denon comparison with the mad dogs is soo far off though. There is a few people in the denon threads that say they notice some similarities too. If you think the mad dogs and lcd's are bass similar as well then that's coo too. I don't think they're all that different from each other either, just the lcd is a lil more mid-bassy and the mad dog is a lil more sub-bassy. It's not a night and day difference but just enough to say it's noticeable where the mids and treble are not other than a step-up in refinement with the lcd. I also think that the lcd is the mad dogs closest relative.
Edited by jibzilla - 4/29/13 at 1:14ampost #4938 of 61514/29/13 at 9:22amQuote:Originally Posted by kothganesh
Good point. I use either the Lyr or the Soloist and I find that at a given volume level, the 500 is always more "languid" than the 2.2. My only question here for LugBug is if the afore-mentioned amps provide sufficient power to the 500. I think the Lyr should not have an issue in this regard.
Good point and I guess the Hifiman is just more languid by signature. The LCD2 is faster, I've always thought that it had better speed. :) Theyre both easy to drive for planars but I noticed the HE500 performed better with a little more power however.post #4939 of 61514/29/13 at 9:42ampost #4940 of 61514/29/13 at 10:50amQuote:Originally Posted by cricketbaby
Well, my LCD-2s came today. So far comfort isn't an issue, although I've been lying down most of the time and I have a smallish head. I'm loving the accuracy of the bass the most so far. The overall sound is wonderfully natural and has worked well with everything I've thrown at it, including my own trance productions. Just for curiosities sake I'm gonna start a track using them tomorrow and see what the result is :-)
So I checked out your music (being a huge trance fan), and I must say I really enjoyed it. There isn't a lot of it to see though. Are you still producing new work?post #4941 of 61514/29/13 at 2:44pmpost #4942 of 61514/29/13 at 2:46pmpost #4943 of 61514/29/13 at 2:46pmpost #4944 of 61514/29/13 at 2:51pmFoam by a MILE. I don't find the leather comfy. The foam makes the headband basically non-existent. Even better than the vegan headband.
Negura: Kingsound Emperor electrostatic pre-order off Moon Audio.post #4945 of 61514/29/13 at 10:46pmpost #4946 of 61514/29/13 at 10:50pm
True. Despite my urge to really sell off both my HD800's and LCD2's I'm keeping the latter one for now as I know I won't be able to buy another LCD2 for the price I purchased them for. Ever.
Edited by DefQon - 4/29/13 at 10:54pmpost #4947 of 61514/30/13 at 9:35pm
I really like my lcd-2 as does mle I think. I'm thinking a th-600, annies, mad dog combo mite be more to my liking then a lcd, mad dog, pro 900 combo. I always like trying new things and I do think there's a decent chance I will return to these one day.post #4948 of 61514/30/13 at 10:38pmQuote:
Any chance you're going to sell the AHA 120?post #4949 of 61515/1/13 at 1:07ampost #4950 of 61515/1/13 at 1:43am
It can drive the LCD's but I feel it might be a bit too analytical. I'm currently using an XM6 to drive them and it does a good job. It's not as transparent as the Quickstep but it's smoother and more musical.
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Westone Deluxe Monitor Case 79209, IMMACULATE CONDITION! 47 seconds ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 56 seconds ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 1 minute ago
- › FitEar F111 In Ear Monitors 1 minute ago
- › plain cable available for either the Sony MDR-7520 or the B&O H6... 2 minutes ago
- › RWAK100 - iriver AK100 mod by RWA 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Audio-Technica AT-W1000x 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › toxic silver poison rsa to hirose male interconnect 3 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude