Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 328

post #4906 of 6726
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

"Way better" is quite the hyperbole.

 

LCD2 has the better bass, both headphones have comparably great midrange, while HE500 has a lead on treble.

 

Both have great separation, neither is superb at soundstaging, and HE500 has a more open wide sound, just as LCD2 has a more focused deep sound.

 

Electronic music isn't just all bass, it's also big on the treble and staging, and midrange is also relevant; in that regard then it's up to personal preference which headphone has the best aligning attributes.

 

Between your HE500 and HE400, which one would you say is better for electronic, trance, house, and rap/hip-hop?

post #4907 of 6726
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheuh View Post

 

Between your HE500 and HE400, which one would you say is better for electronic, trance, house, and rap/hip-hop?

To be brief, HE500 is in my preference better for electronic and trance, while HE400 is better with house and rap/hiphop.

 

That goes on a tangent though (I'm trying to discuss LCD2 vs HE500, this being a LCD2 thread), might be best if you pose that question in the HE500 or the HE400 thread.

post #4908 of 6726

imo I find the LCD2's easily superior to that of either of the mentioned HE's but yeah I have to agree with jerg on that one, not all electronic music is about bass.

post #4909 of 6726
I liked the LCD when I owned it more with rock, pop etc, but HE500 is better allrounder.
post #4910 of 6726
I am finding the LCD2.2s to be really great for everything I have listened to thru them. Of course the only other phones I have owned were the Beyer DT990s and I was not impressed with those at all. Far as I can tell the LCDs are pretty good all-rounders but take with a grain of salt since my experience with other cans is extremely limited.
post #4911 of 6726

LCD-2s are really easy to fall in love with. Very easy. Just check out the original LCD-2 thread that was shut down. It hit 1000 pages in like less than a year and people were shouting that it was the greatest phone ever invented, better than any Stax and dead neutral and a clear window to the music without any coloration. rolleyes.gif

 

It takes a few months to see the short comings of the LCD-2, especially if your coming from mid-fi phones like DT880/HD650/K701. Gotta live with it and also hear other Summit-Fi phones to see the differences.

 

And just for the record the LCD-2 is not "way better" than the HE-500 with any kind of music period. In fact the HE-500 is better than the LCD-2 with more genres of music. They really go toe to toe in everything from great bass to sweet mids and the HE-500 definitely has better treble. I should know since I had both for over a year.

 

I sold everything and left Head-Fi for a few months and now I'm back and I rebuilt a system around the HE-500 instead of the LCD-2. That should say something.

post #4912 of 6726
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

"Way better" is quite the hyperbole.

 

LCD2 has the better bass, both headphones have comparably great midrange, while HE500 has a lead on treble.

 

Both have great separation, neither is superb at soundstaging, and HE500 has a more open wide sound, just as LCD2 has a more focused deep sound.

 

Electronic music isn't just all bass, it's also big on the treble and staging, and midrange is also relevant; in that regard then it's up to personal preference which headphone has the best aligning attributes.

.


Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 10:17pm
post #4913 of 6726
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post
 

More bass is misleading. As quality is much more important than quantity, personally speaking.

 

Let's just leave it up to you find the Mad Dog and LCD-2 WAY different, while I find them WAY similar.


Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 10:17pm
post #4914 of 6726
This is why you get a speaker amp with bass and treble dials for the LCD2's sounds great.
post #4915 of 6726
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibzilla View Post

I think both of you guys are right on this. The mad dog is the little brother of the lcd-2's in mids and treble. In the bass depo. I have to say the pro 900 is the lcd's lil brother. The D7k is the mad dogs big brother bass wise just with smaller pinch of sub-bass imo.

What the what? The Pro 900 is mid bass all day err day. They trounce all the others in how much mid bass they have. The treble is incredibly sharp and pronounced. Neither are things the LCD2 does.

And the D7000 has less sub bass than the Mad Dog? Is today opposite day?

I mean, I can't tell if you're serious. The Denon has more sub bass presence than any of the cans you mentioned, by a long stretch. Mid bass, sure, the Denon doesn't have as much mid bass...

But ok. O_o
post #4916 of 6726
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

 

I sold everything and left Head-Fi for a few months and now I'm back and I rebuilt a system around the HE-500 instead of the LCD-2. That should say something.

It does....about YOUR preferences and what you're looking for. I'd take the LCD-2s any day of the week over the HE-500s....and that's my two cents. smile.gif

post #4917 of 6726
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

It does....about YOUR preferences and what you're looking for. I'd take the LCD-2s any day of the week over the HE-500s....and that's my two cents. smile.gif

My 2c too.

post #4918 of 6726
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

 

It takes a few months to see the short comings of the LCD-2

popcorn.gif

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

 

Gotta live with it and also hear other Summit-Fi phones to see the differences.

cool.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

 

And just for the record the LCD-2 is not "way better" than the HE-500 with any kind of music period.

deadhorse.gif

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

 

 I should know since I had both for over a year.

eek.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

 

I sold everything and left Head-Fi for a few months and now I'm back and I rebuilt a system around the HE-500 instead of the LCD-2. That should say something.

confused.gif

post #4919 of 6726
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

It does....about YOUR preferences and what you're looking for. I'd take the LCD-2s any day of the week over the HE-500s....and that's my two cents. smile.gif

 

+1 imho. That's also what most people comparing both at the Head-Fi meet today in London thought as well. Including several HE-500 owners. 2/3 are looking to upgrade soon to the LCD-2s, one doesn't have funds. No personal bias against the HE-500, they are great headphones too. Oh yeah and the HE-6 are something else when properly amped. Now that's a much more interesting topic I think. :)

 

The LCD-2.2 vegan pads version appears to have been a big hit with people too.


Edited by negura - 4/27/13 at 6:32pm
post #4920 of 6726
Quote:
Originally Posted by negura View Post

 

+1 imho. That's also what most people comparing both at the Head-Fi meet today in London thought as well. Including several HE-500 owners. 2/3 are looking to upgrade soon to the LCD-2s, one doesn't have funds. No personal bias against the HE-500, they are great headphones too. Oh yeah and the HE-6 are something else properly amped. Now those are much more interesting topic I think. :)

 

The vegan pads version appears to have been a big hit with people too.

I thought the LCD-2.2 and HE-6s were on par with each other technically and the HE-500s weren't too far behind. But I preferred the LCD-2.2s over the two Hifiman headphones.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)