Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 322

post #4816 of 6599
Don't want to spit on your turf but I absolutely dislike the New 5003/5004 and the Pearl sacd range even though the 5004 is Marantz's entry level cdp it won't sound better than a good modded cd60 or cd84. Though some of the older Marantz did require a new drive belt for the laser head mechanism other that they are solid players. But hey if you like the new stuff all the power to you.
Edited by DefQon - 4/19/13 at 2:37pm
post #4817 of 6599

Wow great first post... popcorn.gif

post #4818 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientSound View Post

 

I personally recommend investing the roughly the same amount of money in cables as you do the headphones themselves.

 

I personally recommend not doing that.

post #4819 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientSound View Post

I personally recommend investing the roughly the same amount of money in cables as you do the headphones themselves. 

Headphone > source > amp > tweaks.  

post #4820 of 6599
Originally Posted by AncientSound View Post

 

I personally recommend investing the roughly the same amount of money in cables as you do the headphones themselves.

 

I personally recommend not doing that.

 

+2

If I was going to burn thru another grand I can gar-on-tee it would be on a new set of LCD3's and NOT on a $1000 cable.

 

The stock balanced cable I got for use with my Mjolnir sounds perfectly fine.

post #4821 of 6599
That was...entertaining. Troll much?
post #4822 of 6599

No troll that I can see. 

 

I second the LCD-3 recommendation as coming first, but I also don't like the stock cables.

post #4823 of 6599
Has anyone had any experience with the entry level cable from Charleston? How does it change the sound?
post #4824 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post

Has anyone had any experience with the entry level cable from Charleston? How does it change the sound?


I wouldn't ask how cables change sound in a headphone thread because 1) its off-topic and 2) it will derail the thread. Every man and his dog has heard the great cable debate and soon enough parties of both sides will start ranting about how it does/doesn't affect sound.

post #4825 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post

Has anyone had any experience with the entry level cable from Charleston? How does it change the sound?

It's a good cable, I can tell you that much.

post #4826 of 6599

.


Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 10:21pm
post #4827 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientSound View Post

Another note, the silver cables may be great for audiophiles looking for detail, but they did not give much bass.

Unless you go for the "Virus" a hybrid cable, both OCC Cryo silver and copper litz strands, within the same wire. wink.gif

 

 

   

 

Details can be found here


Edited by Toxic Cables - 4/21/13 at 10:51am

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #4828 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post

Unless you go for the "Virus" a hybrid cable, both OCC Cryo silver and copper litz strands, within the same wire. wink.gif

 

 

   

 

Details can be found here

 

Going to be getting one of these this week and will do a review vs the Silver Poison on the LCD-2. Going to be a tough act to follow though biggrin.gif

post #4829 of 6599

Hi, i got a question for you guys. i am about to pull the trigger on some LCD2 i just recently bought a Burson Conductor and my present headphone is a Lawton Audio modded Denon d-5000 with angled pads and wood cups my question is to those who actually heard the combo with a Burson Conductor or a Burson 160d or ds . Between the 2 cans  the lcd and the denons  does the lcd2 sound  alot better than the d-5000 and what percentage would you give 20% better 40% . thanks in advance for your imput.

post #4830 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKELAP View Post

Hi, i got a question for you guys. i am about to pull the trigger on some LCD2 i just recently bought a Burson Conductor and my present headphone is a Lawton Audio modded Denon d-5000 with angled pads and wood cups my question is to those who actually heard the combo with a Burson Conductor or a Burson 160d or ds . Between the 2 cans  the lcd and the denons  does the lcd2 sound  alot better than the d-5000 and what percentage would you give 20% better 40% . thanks in advance for your imput.

 

I've had the D5000 (J$ pads) with my 160D as well as the LCD2s.  'Better' is not a descriptive term for what you can expect. 

 

You lose the fun low end punch and sparkle up top of the D5000's.  You can gain a lot of clarity in the mid range and a more natural sound with the LCD2.  If you've grown used to the Denons the LCD's may come off as boring by comparison.

 

I suppose by hifi standards here, the LCD2 is 'better' on all accounts. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)