I have no clue, for $49 I'd say grab it assuming it works and all.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Who else suffers from very little usable range on the volume knob? Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? Last post on 4/13/15 at 8:07am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Asgard 2 dynamic range compression in high gain mode? Last post on 10/1/14 at 9:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Yesterday
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
This review is for the iclever IC-BTH01 Bluetooth Stereo Headset INTRODUCTION Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in...
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 321post #4801 of 69884/18/13 at 7:33pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4802 of 69884/18/13 at 8:05pm
Late 70's was the golden age for receivers. Lots of manufacturers were engaged in a game of oneupmanship, these things have massive power supplies and actually deliver their power ratings under all load conditions unlike modern receivers. Some of them sound extremely good too, though you'll often find due to their age they are in need of recapping. Once you get far enough into the 80's the sound quality goes to crap for most brands. A few old hat makes like Marantz hold up well during that period though.post #4803 of 69884/18/13 at 8:31pmpost #4804 of 69884/18/13 at 8:36pmI have a Marantz SR5002 that I paid about $175 for on Ebay. The LCD2 sounds absolutely beautiful off it. Good enough to maks me wanna sell my Compass 2. Just looking inside, you can see they didn't skimp on internals and power supply. Just don't know it's specs for the headphone jack.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 4/18/13 at 8:37pmpost #4805 of 69884/18/13 at 8:40pmpost #4806 of 69884/18/13 at 8:44pmI'm mostly wonder about output impedance and power at varying impedances.
Not that the LCD2 is bothered by output impedance.
Plus the Marantz has Dolby Headphone. So much win.post #4807 of 69884/18/13 at 8:44pmI'm mostly wonder about output impedance and power at varying impedances.
Not that the LCD2 is bothered by output impedance.
Plus the Marantz has Dolby Headphone. So much win.post #4808 of 69884/18/13 at 10:21pmQuote:
While I can't comment on them making the best modern day receivers there current line of CD players are inferior to there older CD players. Same goes for Denon.post #4809 of 69884/18/13 at 10:26pm
The headphone out on my year 2000 Denon receiver is atrocious. It was a pretty high end model in its day too. The newer the receiver the less the engineers gave a darn about the headphone jack, it is only there because certain people expect one and it is one more bullet on the marketing sheet.
I suppose this is partly why the headphone amp market is flourishing right now, the traditional home audio market stopped serving that need a while back.
Edited by Xcalibur255 - 4/18/13 at 10:27pmpost #4810 of 69884/18/13 at 10:56pmQuote:
Currently $49 but not going to stay there. Grab it if you can get it cheap enough, but remember that it's fairly old and may require servicing.post #4811 of 69884/18/13 at 11:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by Xcalibur255
Late 70's was the golden age for receivers. Lots of manufacturers were engaged in a game of oneupmanship, these things have massive power supplies and actually deliver their power ratings under all load conditions unlike modern receivers. Some of them sound extremely good too, though you'll often find due to their age they are in need of recapping. Once you get far enough into the 80's the sound quality goes to crap for most brands. A few old hat makes like Marantz hold up well during that period though.
Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 10:22pmpost #4812 of 69884/19/13 at 8:47am
I've been getting pretty good results from a Kenwood KR-6030 (1978). I picked it up at a local record store for about $150 5 or 6 months ago. It'll be demoted once my Decware arrives next week though.post #4813 of 69884/19/13 at 9:00ampost #4814 of 69884/19/13 at 9:09amQuote:
As I recall the warranty transfer is good for at least one time... Not sure about after that.post #4815 of 69884/19/13 at 11:36amQuote:
The new Denons are crap. However, the CD5004 is as good if not better than a lot of other retro Marantz that I've tried.
With the exception of high end Arcam, Rotel, McIntosh, etc. Marantz really outdoes the competition even to this day.
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 18 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 21 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 28 seconds ago
- › TEAC UD-301 48 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › NEW! iBasso D-Zero Mk2 3 minutes ago
- › Beginner Audiophile and need advice on starting Hardware 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › AKG Y50 Black On-Ear Headphone with In-Line One-Button Universal... by acain
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)