I have no clue, for $49 I'd say grab it assuming it works and all.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for movies Last post on 11/20/12 at 3:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help in deciding on an AMP, DAC and headphones for around £1600 Last post on 11/16/12 at 7:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the SRH1840 be good for metal and rock + gaming? Last post on 10/13/12 at 7:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best open headphone for rock and metal? Last post on 1/4/14 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
The review will comming soon
I used these for about three months at my desk at work. The left side went out in that short time. They were great while they lasted.
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 321post #4801 of 63104/18/13 at 7:33pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4802 of 63104/18/13 at 8:05pm
Late 70's was the golden age for receivers. Lots of manufacturers were engaged in a game of oneupmanship, these things have massive power supplies and actually deliver their power ratings under all load conditions unlike modern receivers. Some of them sound extremely good too, though you'll often find due to their age they are in need of recapping. Once you get far enough into the 80's the sound quality goes to crap for most brands. A few old hat makes like Marantz hold up well during that period though.post #4803 of 63104/18/13 at 8:31pmpost #4804 of 63104/18/13 at 8:36pmI have a Marantz SR5002 that I paid about $175 for on Ebay. The LCD2 sounds absolutely beautiful off it. Good enough to maks me wanna sell my Compass 2. Just looking inside, you can see they didn't skimp on internals and power supply. Just don't know it's specs for the headphone jack.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 4/18/13 at 8:37pmpost #4805 of 63104/18/13 at 8:40pmpost #4806 of 63104/18/13 at 8:44pmI'm mostly wonder about output impedance and power at varying impedances.
Not that the LCD2 is bothered by output impedance.
Plus the Marantz has Dolby Headphone. So much win.post #4807 of 63104/18/13 at 8:44pmI'm mostly wonder about output impedance and power at varying impedances.
Not that the LCD2 is bothered by output impedance.
Plus the Marantz has Dolby Headphone. So much win.post #4808 of 63104/18/13 at 10:21pmQuote:
While I can't comment on them making the best modern day receivers there current line of CD players are inferior to there older CD players. Same goes for Denon.post #4809 of 63104/18/13 at 10:26pm
The headphone out on my year 2000 Denon receiver is atrocious. It was a pretty high end model in its day too. The newer the receiver the less the engineers gave a darn about the headphone jack, it is only there because certain people expect one and it is one more bullet on the marketing sheet.
I suppose this is partly why the headphone amp market is flourishing right now, the traditional home audio market stopped serving that need a while back.
Edited by Xcalibur255 - 4/18/13 at 10:27pmpost #4810 of 63104/18/13 at 10:56pmQuote:
Currently $49 but not going to stay there. Grab it if you can get it cheap enough, but remember that it's fairly old and may require servicing.post #4811 of 63104/18/13 at 11:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by Xcalibur255
Late 70's was the golden age for receivers. Lots of manufacturers were engaged in a game of oneupmanship, these things have massive power supplies and actually deliver their power ratings under all load conditions unlike modern receivers. Some of them sound extremely good too, though you'll often find due to their age they are in need of recapping. Once you get far enough into the 80's the sound quality goes to crap for most brands. A few old hat makes like Marantz hold up well during that period though.
Very true. Anyone ever play with those old pio turntables? Very nice imo.post #4812 of 63104/19/13 at 8:47am
I've been getting pretty good results from a Kenwood KR-6030 (1978). I picked it up at a local record store for about $150 5 or 6 months ago. It'll be demoted once my Decware arrives next week though.post #4813 of 63104/19/13 at 9:00ampost #4814 of 63104/19/13 at 9:09amQuote:
As I recall the warranty transfer is good for at least one time... Not sure about after that.post #4815 of 63104/19/13 at 11:36amQuote:
The new Denons are crap. However, the CD5004 is as good if not better than a lot of other retro Marantz that I've tried.
With the exception of high end Arcam, Rotel, McIntosh, etc. Marantz really outdoes the competition even to this day.
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Portable DAC for iPod Classic Only Use 11 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 11 seconds ago
- › Need advice: noble K10 vs JH roxanne 26 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 37 seconds ago
- › IEMs that are most similar to B&W P7 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 2 minutes ago
- › plz help ! i need recommendations for earphones/buds <$230 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Firestone Audio Fireye HDB & DAB -- Portable Balanced Amps/DACs 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by az060693
- › Halide Design DAC HD by Zuqi
- › Sony MDR-ZX-700 by PurelyNicole
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude