I have no clue, for $49 I'd say grab it assuming it works and all.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Who else suffers from very little usable range on the volume knob? Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? Last post on 2/24/15 at 9:07pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Asgard 2 dynamic range compression in high gain mode? Last post on 10/1/14 at 9:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Foreword As the creator of the Titan 1 thread on head-fi, I have most of the information given here placed in the thread; however, this review is a coalescing and enhancement of the various...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Master & Dynamic definitely knows how to build...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 321post #4801 of 68204/18/13 at 7:33pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4802 of 68204/18/13 at 8:05pm
Late 70's was the golden age for receivers. Lots of manufacturers were engaged in a game of oneupmanship, these things have massive power supplies and actually deliver their power ratings under all load conditions unlike modern receivers. Some of them sound extremely good too, though you'll often find due to their age they are in need of recapping. Once you get far enough into the 80's the sound quality goes to crap for most brands. A few old hat makes like Marantz hold up well during that period though.post #4803 of 68204/18/13 at 8:31pmpost #4804 of 68204/18/13 at 8:36pmI have a Marantz SR5002 that I paid about $175 for on Ebay. The LCD2 sounds absolutely beautiful off it. Good enough to maks me wanna sell my Compass 2. Just looking inside, you can see they didn't skimp on internals and power supply. Just don't know it's specs for the headphone jack.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 4/18/13 at 8:37pmpost #4805 of 68204/18/13 at 8:40pmpost #4806 of 68204/18/13 at 8:44pmI'm mostly wonder about output impedance and power at varying impedances.
Not that the LCD2 is bothered by output impedance.
Plus the Marantz has Dolby Headphone. So much win.post #4807 of 68204/18/13 at 8:44pmI'm mostly wonder about output impedance and power at varying impedances.
Not that the LCD2 is bothered by output impedance.
Plus the Marantz has Dolby Headphone. So much win.post #4808 of 68204/18/13 at 10:21pmQuote:
While I can't comment on them making the best modern day receivers there current line of CD players are inferior to there older CD players. Same goes for Denon.post #4809 of 68204/18/13 at 10:26pm
The headphone out on my year 2000 Denon receiver is atrocious. It was a pretty high end model in its day too. The newer the receiver the less the engineers gave a darn about the headphone jack, it is only there because certain people expect one and it is one more bullet on the marketing sheet.
I suppose this is partly why the headphone amp market is flourishing right now, the traditional home audio market stopped serving that need a while back.
Edited by Xcalibur255 - 4/18/13 at 10:27pmpost #4810 of 68204/18/13 at 10:56pmQuote:
Currently $49 but not going to stay there. Grab it if you can get it cheap enough, but remember that it's fairly old and may require servicing.post #4811 of 68204/18/13 at 11:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by Xcalibur255
Late 70's was the golden age for receivers. Lots of manufacturers were engaged in a game of oneupmanship, these things have massive power supplies and actually deliver their power ratings under all load conditions unlike modern receivers. Some of them sound extremely good too, though you'll often find due to their age they are in need of recapping. Once you get far enough into the 80's the sound quality goes to crap for most brands. A few old hat makes like Marantz hold up well during that period though.
Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 10:22pmpost #4812 of 68204/19/13 at 8:47am
I've been getting pretty good results from a Kenwood KR-6030 (1978). I picked it up at a local record store for about $150 5 or 6 months ago. It'll be demoted once my Decware arrives next week though.post #4813 of 68204/19/13 at 9:00ampost #4814 of 68204/19/13 at 9:09amQuote:
As I recall the warranty transfer is good for at least one time... Not sure about after that.post #4815 of 68204/19/13 at 11:36amQuote:
The new Denons are crap. However, the CD5004 is as good if not better than a lot of other retro Marantz that I've tried.
With the exception of high end Arcam, Rotel, McIntosh, etc. Marantz really outdoes the competition even to this day.
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 18 seconds ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD discussion + impression 51 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH-600 TH600 Closed Headphone Used 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › V-Moda Crossfade M-100 (EU) 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-,... 2 minutes ago
- › New setup for small space - Scarlett 18i8, Schiit Magni 2, K702... 2 minutes ago
- › What does science think I should buy in the head fi market? 3 minutes ago
- › V-Moda M-80 Vs. Sennheiser HD 558 (Headphones for someone sensitive... 3 minutes ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 4 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3