I have no clue, for $49 I'd say grab it assuming it works and all.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Asgard 2 dynamic range compression in high gain mode? Last post on 10/1/14 at 9:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 8/6/14 at 10:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 5:06 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $1000-$2000 [POLL] Last post on 10/6/14 at 12:41pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
As an amateur hi-fi enthusiast I'm certainly no head-fi expert, but that won't stop me from saying that the Shure SRH840 professional monitoring headphones are a sweet sounding set of cans. I...
If you’re in the market for audiophile-grade headphones, you’ve probably heard of Germany’s professional audio electronics manufacturer Beyerdynamic. In the business of handcrafting premium...
First, I’d like to thank Audrey and the folks at Brainwavz for providing me a sample of the S0 for review. This is only the second Brainwavz earphone I’ve had the pleasure to audition, the...
Introduction So here's my contribution to the growing collection of reviews on Rock Jaw's Alfa Genus. For those of you interested in purchasing a pair, hopefully this is a useful addition; for...
OK, before I get into my review of the MDR-Z7 I feel a need to give some background and history of my time on head-fi. It might help make sense of my love of this headphone and why at the same...
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 321post #4801 of 67214/18/13 at 7:33pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4802 of 67214/18/13 at 8:05pm
Late 70's was the golden age for receivers. Lots of manufacturers were engaged in a game of oneupmanship, these things have massive power supplies and actually deliver their power ratings under all load conditions unlike modern receivers. Some of them sound extremely good too, though you'll often find due to their age they are in need of recapping. Once you get far enough into the 80's the sound quality goes to crap for most brands. A few old hat makes like Marantz hold up well during that period though.post #4803 of 67214/18/13 at 8:31pmpost #4804 of 67214/18/13 at 8:36pmI have a Marantz SR5002 that I paid about $175 for on Ebay. The LCD2 sounds absolutely beautiful off it. Good enough to maks me wanna sell my Compass 2. Just looking inside, you can see they didn't skimp on internals and power supply. Just don't know it's specs for the headphone jack.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 4/18/13 at 8:37pmpost #4805 of 67214/18/13 at 8:40pmpost #4806 of 67214/18/13 at 8:44pmI'm mostly wonder about output impedance and power at varying impedances.
Not that the LCD2 is bothered by output impedance.
Plus the Marantz has Dolby Headphone. So much win.post #4807 of 67214/18/13 at 8:44pmI'm mostly wonder about output impedance and power at varying impedances.
Not that the LCD2 is bothered by output impedance.
Plus the Marantz has Dolby Headphone. So much win.post #4808 of 67214/18/13 at 10:21pmQuote:
While I can't comment on them making the best modern day receivers there current line of CD players are inferior to there older CD players. Same goes for Denon.post #4809 of 67214/18/13 at 10:26pm
The headphone out on my year 2000 Denon receiver is atrocious. It was a pretty high end model in its day too. The newer the receiver the less the engineers gave a darn about the headphone jack, it is only there because certain people expect one and it is one more bullet on the marketing sheet.
I suppose this is partly why the headphone amp market is flourishing right now, the traditional home audio market stopped serving that need a while back.
Edited by Xcalibur255 - 4/18/13 at 10:27pmpost #4810 of 67214/18/13 at 10:56pmQuote:
Currently $49 but not going to stay there. Grab it if you can get it cheap enough, but remember that it's fairly old and may require servicing.post #4811 of 67214/18/13 at 11:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by Xcalibur255
Late 70's was the golden age for receivers. Lots of manufacturers were engaged in a game of oneupmanship, these things have massive power supplies and actually deliver their power ratings under all load conditions unlike modern receivers. Some of them sound extremely good too, though you'll often find due to their age they are in need of recapping. Once you get far enough into the 80's the sound quality goes to crap for most brands. A few old hat makes like Marantz hold up well during that period though.
Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 10:22pmpost #4812 of 67214/19/13 at 8:47am
I've been getting pretty good results from a Kenwood KR-6030 (1978). I picked it up at a local record store for about $150 5 or 6 months ago. It'll be demoted once my Decware arrives next week though.post #4813 of 67214/19/13 at 9:00ampost #4814 of 67214/19/13 at 9:09amQuote:
As I recall the warranty transfer is good for at least one time... Not sure about after that.post #4815 of 67214/19/13 at 11:36amQuote:
The new Denons are crap. However, the CD5004 is as good if not better than a lot of other retro Marantz that I've tried.
With the exception of high end Arcam, Rotel, McIntosh, etc. Marantz really outdoes the competition even to this day.
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 2 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 15 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x,... 3 minutes ago
- › Good Koss headphones for outside use? (not too expensive) 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › AKG Q701 Made in Austria 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by twister6
- › Meridian Explorer by dnun8086
- › Audio Technica ATH-WS55i Portable Headphones with Microphone for... by oThatsEric
- › Advices for catching the right home loan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3