I have no clue, for $49 I'd say grab it assuming it works and all.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for movies Last post on 11/20/12 at 3:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help in deciding on an AMP, DAC and headphones for around £1600 Last post on 11/16/12 at 7:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the SRH1840 be good for metal and rock + gaming? Last post on 10/13/12 at 7:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best open headphone for rock and metal? Last post on 12/1/13 at 2:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 321post #4801 of 58084/18/13 at 7:33pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4802 of 58084/18/13 at 8:05pm
Late 70's was the golden age for receivers. Lots of manufacturers were engaged in a game of oneupmanship, these things have massive power supplies and actually deliver their power ratings under all load conditions unlike modern receivers. Some of them sound extremely good too, though you'll often find due to their age they are in need of recapping. Once you get far enough into the 80's the sound quality goes to crap for most brands. A few old hat makes like Marantz hold up well during that period though.post #4803 of 58084/18/13 at 8:31pmpost #4804 of 58084/18/13 at 8:36pmI have a Marantz SR5002 that I paid about $175 for on Ebay. The LCD2 sounds absolutely beautiful off it. Good enough to maks me wanna sell my Compass 2. Just looking inside, you can see they didn't skimp on internals and power supply. Just don't know it's specs for the headphone jack.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 4/18/13 at 8:37pmpost #4805 of 58084/18/13 at 8:40pmpost #4806 of 58084/18/13 at 8:44pmI'm mostly wonder about output impedance and power at varying impedances.
Not that the LCD2 is bothered by output impedance.
Plus the Marantz has Dolby Headphone. So much win.post #4807 of 58084/18/13 at 8:44pmI'm mostly wonder about output impedance and power at varying impedances.
Not that the LCD2 is bothered by output impedance.
Plus the Marantz has Dolby Headphone. So much win.post #4808 of 58084/18/13 at 10:21pmQuote:
While I can't comment on them making the best modern day receivers there current line of CD players are inferior to there older CD players. Same goes for Denon.post #4809 of 58084/18/13 at 10:26pm
The headphone out on my year 2000 Denon receiver is atrocious. It was a pretty high end model in its day too. The newer the receiver the less the engineers gave a darn about the headphone jack, it is only there because certain people expect one and it is one more bullet on the marketing sheet.
I suppose this is partly why the headphone amp market is flourishing right now, the traditional home audio market stopped serving that need a while back.
Edited by Xcalibur255 - 4/18/13 at 10:27pmpost #4810 of 58084/18/13 at 10:56pmQuote:
Currently $49 but not going to stay there. Grab it if you can get it cheap enough, but remember that it's fairly old and may require servicing.post #4811 of 58084/18/13 at 11:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by Xcalibur255
Late 70's was the golden age for receivers. Lots of manufacturers were engaged in a game of oneupmanship, these things have massive power supplies and actually deliver their power ratings under all load conditions unlike modern receivers. Some of them sound extremely good too, though you'll often find due to their age they are in need of recapping. Once you get far enough into the 80's the sound quality goes to crap for most brands. A few old hat makes like Marantz hold up well during that period though.
Very true. Anyone ever play with those old pio turntables? Very nice imo.post #4812 of 58084/19/13 at 8:47am
I've been getting pretty good results from a Kenwood KR-6030 (1978). I picked it up at a local record store for about $150 5 or 6 months ago. It'll be demoted once my Decware arrives next week though.post #4813 of 58084/19/13 at 9:00ampost #4814 of 58084/19/13 at 9:09amQuote:
As I recall the warranty transfer is good for at least one time... Not sure about after that.post #4815 of 58084/19/13 at 11:36amQuote:
The new Denons are crap. However, the CD5004 is as good if not better than a lot of other retro Marantz that I've tried.
With the exception of high end Arcam, Rotel, McIntosh, etc. Marantz really outdoes the competition even to this day.
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Like New Ortofon e-q5 iem - silver 24 seconds ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 34 seconds ago
- › Do I just plug a headphone amp into the stereo's headphone socket? 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 1 minute ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 3 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X1 or Sennheiser Momentum? 6 minutes ago
- › New HD 800 very different than the old HD 800 8 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi