Nope, I did that before. I also did the infamous triple tampon mod
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Who else suffers from very little usable range on the volume knob? Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? Last post on 3/15/16 at 5:21am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Asgard 2 dynamic range compression in high gain mode? Last post on 10/1/14 at 9:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Introduction With thanks to my esteemed colleague and front page superstar @glassmonkey for fronting this review spectacular. 3 cheers also go out to Iain and the rest of the RHA team for...
Thanks go to earphonia.com who were pleased to let me give the excellently valued Co-Donguri earphone a spin. Pairings Equipment Hidizs AP60 Chord Mojo Dac Intro My second IEM...
Kaiser Encore: Early impressions Please note: This review is posted only so I could share my (very) early impressions, as I know many are eager to hear about the latest Noble (co-) flagship....
Note: I have previously reviewed the K10 from Noble, where I covered much of Noble’s history and order process. For this reason, I will use some of the portions of that review that pertain to Noble...
Founded in 2014 in Guangzhou, China, Shinrico is a company focused on digital electronic products in the field of high-tech enterprises. Recently I reviewed their excellent D3S Digital...
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 313
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Guys I have some amazing NEWS!!!
First off I'm a genius, probably the greatest genius to ever join head-fi.
Tonight I had this brilliant plan to replace my LCD-2 pads with Tampons from Walmart. Guess What that DID???
It improved the bass, mids, and treble, soundstage, imaging, and clarity. Now my LCD-2 sounds better than an SR-009.
I can't believe you doffers could not figure out in 3 years what took me like 1 second to figure out. I guess I can't expect you idiots to raise the level of disucssion worthy of my genius.
I think I hear the phone ringing. That's probably CNN's Anderson Cooper. He probably wants to inteview me about my discovery. Oh yeah I googled, binged, and searched everywhere to make sure I'm the first genius to figure this out. I found nothing. I'm the first genius to figure out this tampon mod. You doffers are a joke.
The greatest genius ever on Head-Fi,
Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 10:29pm
So the main reason I like the stax is cause the lcd's don't sit so close to the backs of my eyes anymore. When I wore the lcd-2 with the lcd pads I could only go about 60-90min. before the pads would give out and the wood would touch the back of my eyes making them very uncomfortable. The front part of the lcd pads by the stich and the aggressive angling are my only gripes with the pad as far as comfort. The thicker fronts of the stax pads keep them a good 2 inches away from the back of my eyes.
Yeah I had a few minor comfort issues with the stock pads. Especially when lying down, they really clamp hard then.
I tried that, but it always bent back. Didn't want to bend it too much in case it snapped.
The LCD-2's are awesome!
Sound signature reels me in every time.
I'm thinking about upgrading to the LCD-3, but not sure if $1000 is worth it for more "liquidy" mids and a little better extensions.
What are your inputs on this matter?
But don't forget, to many headphone enthusiasts, the "last 5-10%" improvement scales the increased appreciation exponentially. It's like putting in the last couple of pieces to a puzzle board - objectively not much changed, but subjectively it means everything and more.
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 29 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 2 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 2 minutes ago
- › [Reviewers Wanted] World Tour for Cayin i5 - Android based AK4490... 3 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 4 minutes ago
- › 64 Audio | apex | tia - NEW Products + Flagship Upgrade Program! 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 8 minutes ago
- › Nordost Heimdall headphone cable 9 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 10 minutes ago
- › RHA CL750 by Takeanidea
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by Takeanidea
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Sorensiim
- › Noble Audio Katana by cvbcbcmv
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear