Nope, I did that before. I also did the infamous triple tampon mod
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Who else suffers from very little usable range on the volume knob? Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? Last post on 3/15/16 at 5:21am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Asgard 2 dynamic range compression in high gain mode? Last post on 10/1/14 at 9:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
IT WAS THE FIRST HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER I BOUGHT AND I PAIRED IT WITH A SONY NWZ-A15. DECENT SOUND, ALMOST NO PROBLEM WITH IT, BUT EXCEPT ITS DESIGN WHICH I FIND SOMEWHAT UGLY IT WAS UNABLE TO...
Intro & Me: I'm best described as someone who loves music, loves gear and loves to combine them into a "hobby" that focuses on all of these important ingredients from Head-Fi. I have quite a...
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 313
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Guys I have some amazing NEWS!!!
First off I'm a genius, probably the greatest genius to ever join head-fi.
Tonight I had this brilliant plan to replace my LCD-2 pads with Tampons from Walmart. Guess What that DID???
It improved the bass, mids, and treble, soundstage, imaging, and clarity. Now my LCD-2 sounds better than an SR-009.
I can't believe you doffers could not figure out in 3 years what took me like 1 second to figure out. I guess I can't expect you idiots to raise the level of disucssion worthy of my genius.
I think I hear the phone ringing. That's probably CNN's Anderson Cooper. He probably wants to inteview me about my discovery. Oh yeah I googled, binged, and searched everywhere to make sure I'm the first genius to figure this out. I found nothing. I'm the first genius to figure out this tampon mod. You doffers are a joke.
The greatest genius ever on Head-Fi,
Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 10:29pm
So the main reason I like the stax is cause the lcd's don't sit so close to the backs of my eyes anymore. When I wore the lcd-2 with the lcd pads I could only go about 60-90min. before the pads would give out and the wood would touch the back of my eyes making them very uncomfortable. The front part of the lcd pads by the stich and the aggressive angling are my only gripes with the pad as far as comfort. The thicker fronts of the stax pads keep them a good 2 inches away from the back of my eyes.
Yeah I had a few minor comfort issues with the stock pads. Especially when lying down, they really clamp hard then.
I tried that, but it always bent back. Didn't want to bend it too much in case it snapped.
The LCD-2's are awesome!
Sound signature reels me in every time.
I'm thinking about upgrading to the LCD-3, but not sure if $1000 is worth it for more "liquidy" mids and a little better extensions.
What are your inputs on this matter?
But don't forget, to many headphone enthusiasts, the "last 5-10%" improvement scales the increased appreciation exponentially. It's like putting in the last couple of pieces to a puzzle board - objectively not much changed, but subjectively it means everything and more.
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- › AudioQuest - Cinnamon TosLink (Full to Mini, 1.5m) 1 hour, 52 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-1AMP 5 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Moon Audio silver dragon JH Audio 4 pin to 4.4mm Sony cable ( new... 16 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Uptone Audio Regen latest version 21 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 22 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 day, 1 hour ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 day, 1 hour ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 1 day, 1 hour ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 1 day, 2 hours ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 1 day, 2 hours ago
- › FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black) by yannisgk
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear