Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 309

post #4621 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post


Sounds good. I'm getting a pair of lcd 2's so where can I get the Stax pads from?

Go back 1 page. 

post #4622 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Go back 1 page. 

I had a look on ebay but there were no 02 pads. Am I missing something?
post #4623 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Go back 1 page. 

I had a look on ebay but there were no 02 pads. Am I missing something?
post #4624 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Go back 1 page. 

I had a look on ebay but there were no 02 pads. Am I missing something?
post #4625 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post


I had a look on ebay but there were no 02 pads. Am I missing something?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post


I had a look on ebay but there were no 02 pads. Am I missing something?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post


I had a look on ebay but there were no 02 pads. Am I missing something?

 

Just have to trust Telstra that it went the first time :P

post #4626 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterphile View Post



Just have to trust Telstra that it went the first time :P

Stop stalking me ;-)
post #4627 of 6599
post #4628 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post


Sounds good. I'm getting a pair of lcd 2's so where can I get the Stax pads from?

Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 10:43pm
post #4629 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibzilla View Post

Weellllll sssooooooorrrrrryyyyy. for expecting slighty better conversation on a 1k headphone thread. A million billion apologies.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibzilla View Post

Where you ask why? I ask why not.

 

 

post #4630 of 6599

"If it aint broke don't fix it". I personally see absolutely no need whatsoever to alter these headphones from stock configuration. Perfect just the way they are. There are MUCH better ways to eat up time IMHO. If the pads could have been configured differently to yield better sound, the engineers prolly would have designed them that way.

post #4631 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by commtrd View Post

If the pads could have been configured differently to yield better sound, the engineers prolly would have designed them that way.

You called it man.... and this was my point the whole time along.beerchug.gif


Edited by DefQon - 4/12/13 at 4:07am
post #4632 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by commtrd View Post
 

"If it aint broke don't fix it". I personally see absolutely no need whatsoever to alter these headphones from stock configuration. Perfect just the way they are. There are MUCH better ways to eat up time IMHO. If the pads could have been configured differently to yield better sound, the engineers prolly would have designed them that way.


Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 10:43pm
post #4633 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibzilla View Post

if you haven't done it then why do you care?

 

Silly arguments aside, I have decided to give these pads a try, to put the matter to rest. My personal view on this is that it's worth a try since for me the Vegan pads made a difference compared to the Leather ones. So why not.

 

Are these the same ones and will they fit: http://www.electromod.co.uk/product-detail.asp?P=16

 

Thanks.


Edited by negura - 4/12/13 at 5:01am
post #4634 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by negura View Post
 

 

Silly arguments aside, I have decided to give these pads a try, to put the matter to rest. My personal view on this is that it's worth a try since for me the Vegan pads made a difference compared to the Leather ones. So why not.

 

Are these the same ones and will they fit: http://www.electromod.co.uk/product-detail.asp?P=16

 

Thanks.


Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 10:41pm
post #4635 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post
 

Yeah exactly what I was saying before. Changing pads do play a major role to the sound reproduction from the drivers itself to your ears. This can due to the type of material the pads are based on, angled position or not, distance between the ears and transducer itself and most important the fit and seal the ear pad is to the listeners ears. I'm pretty sure if you had those LCD2's with the O2 pads measured again the FR would have slight variances to the stock FR with stock pads. Now you might like it or feel that it has made the sound for the better and I have no objections to that since I obviously have not heard an LCD2 with O2 pads (but have with other pads), but it's most likely you may have this projection in your head that:

 

1. There is a change and you feel it justified that it has fixed any flaws you have nit picked out with the stock LCD2's.

2. A possible sound change from whatever reasons I have listed in my first line that may be a result of a more appealing non-stock sound tone to your ears (subjective from user to user).

3. You are saying there is a change to sound which has transformed the headphones into something better but in reality you know there is no sound improvements possibly even a decline in sound quality and reproduction and the only reason you're saying there is is so you feel justified with yourself and your expensive purchase.

 

My 2c.


Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 10:40pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)