- 13,643 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for movies Last post on 11/20/12 at 3:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help in deciding on an AMP, DAC and headphones for around £1600 Last post on 11/16/12 at 7:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the SRH1840 be good for metal and rock + gaming? Last post on 10/13/12 at 7:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best open headphone for rock and metal? Last post on 1/4/14 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 307post #4591 of 62974/10/13 at 5:05pmNearly identical bass, actually. Better mids, and less treble.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4592 of 62974/10/13 at 6:25pm
fine fine I wanted to wait till my other 2 headphones were done but that looks to be only a few days off. I put stax 02 pads on them and they went from pretty good to amazing in both sound and comfort. Your jaw will clench the first 10 hours but after that headphone heaven. highly as highly recommended can get. I'm saving the full review for a few days though.post #4593 of 62974/10/13 at 6:27pmQuote:
Stax ear pads?post #4594 of 62974/10/13 at 6:32pmpost #4595 of 62974/10/13 at 7:05pmQuote:
It's not a question of seal. They have an acoustic ring that goes all the way around the earpiece behind the earpad and it has to stay open or they sound like garbage. I'm not saying you haven't played around with them but you have def. never heard them without them being on your head or played with them around somebody else cause you would know that they leak sound almost as bad as an lcd-2. I will put a cnote on it that if we pose the question "do denon d2-7k leak out allot of sound" in any of the denon thread's we will get far more yay's than nay's. You wanna put your money where your mouth is?
Edited by jibzilla - 4/10/13 at 7:09pmpost #4596 of 62974/10/13 at 7:12pm
You are questioning whether or not I have heard them by saying I have only played with them. What's the point of playing with them if I won't be listening to them? I'm going to say it again, they don't leak sound as bad as the LCD2's and I had a perfect seal with the entire D*K range, sure they don't completely isolate sound completely but do not leak sound as bad as the LCD2's. Either your pair of LCD2's are faulty or the newer LCD2's are more dampened and less open than the older LCD2's. I'm going to say it again they don't leak as bad as the LCD2's. I can virtually use the LCD2's as speakers.post #4597 of 62974/10/13 at 7:28pmThe D7000 doesn't even leak out much, unless you play them to the point of shattering your ear drums. They do however allow external noise in quite easily.
It still functions quite well as a headphone to keep from bothering other people. The LCD2 is as open as anything I've ever heard.post #4598 of 62974/10/13 at 7:46pm
Wow these LCD2.2's are starting to open up some more with a lot more hours on them. The whole rig is just starting to really come alive now. I can listen to Emancipator and just be spellbound. Also played around with JRiver settings some and that made a difference as well. Plus the Mjolnir has the muscle to really move those cans. When it's time to rock the amp and dac get down to business. Beautiful pairing the LCD 2.2's and the Schitt Mjolnir/Gungnir! Highly recommended...post #4599 of 62974/10/13 at 7:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
The D7000 doesn't even leak out much, unless you play them to the point of shattering your ear drums. They do however allow external noise in quite easily.
It still functions quite well as a headphone to keep from bothering other people. The LCD2 is as open as anything I've ever heard.
Thank you, glad somebody else agrees with me as well. Apart from my Lambda's and HD800's, my LCD2's come in a good 2nd or 3rd after the HD800's with the amount of sound they leak.Quote:Originally Posted by commtrd
Wow these LCD2.2's are starting to open up some more with a lot more hours on them. The whole rig is just starting to really come alive now. I can listen to Emancipator and just be spellbound. Also played around with JRiver settings some and that made a difference as well. Plus the Mjolnir has the muscle to really move those cans. When it's time to rock the amp and dac get down to business. Beautiful pairing the LCD 2.2's and the Schitt Mjolnir/Gungnir! Highly recommended...
Nice, glad you are enjoying them. I've read some very positive notes that the Mjolnir is almost an end game amp for the LCD2's due to its brighter nature and ability to reveal detail and impose clarity, something which sounds synergistic with the LCD2's warm, laid back or dark signature.post #4600 of 62974/11/13 at 8:50amQuote:
You switched the filt behind the ironplate with another type of material?
Ups..missed the answer.
The modification sounds very interesting, thanks for posting this!
Edited by sprite40 - 4/11/13 at 9:02ampost #4601 of 62974/11/13 at 9:41amQuote:Originally Posted by jibzilla
fine fine I wanted to wait till my other 2 headphones were done but that looks to be only a few days off. I put stax 02 pads on them and they went from pretty good to amazing in both sound and comfort. Your jaw will clench the first 10 hours but after that headphone heaven. highly as highly recommended can get. I'm saving the full review for a few days though.
Thanks--Now where did you find or get those pads??
Jackpost #4602 of 62974/11/13 at 2:57pmpost #4603 of 62974/11/13 at 6:14pm
Sitting here looking at charts and planning trades while listening to my beloved Audeze LCD2.2 cans and Mjolnir/Gungnir. This is pure audio heaven! Just getting better and better every day...post #4604 of 62974/11/13 at 7:47pm
So I dug up an old email from mark and it turns out that the denon's do both leak and isolate depending what music you're playing and what volume. What really frustrates me though is the dof-doffer comment and it costs 800-1000 to get a headphone from mark. My tune and pads were $200 and I got the denon pads back. Also if mark is a dof-doffer than all the t50rp modders are even lower on the totem pole as they all offer look and cable packages as well and don't give up their tune the way mark does. You will also have to throw all of the amp and dac builders under the bus as well cause nobody can touch what mark does for that $200. So who's left? Just people who own unmodded headphones with no dac or amp? Not a world I wanna live in. P.S. My dof-doffer ass figured out in less than a week the best bang for your buck mod out there for the lcd's. Something none of you guys could figure out in several years.post #4605 of 62974/11/13 at 8:09pm
Hear that o1ro1n you dof doffer...lol.
@jib, you obviously haven't seen some of the lawton modded D7k's in the F/S section now have you? Just a tip some were selling for $1500-1700's compared to a stock D7k that use to sell for $700, that's where my $800-1000 comment comes in. Oh and I'm sure your O2 pads offer a difference, the fact that either your brain is telling you there is a difference when there might not be any or the fact that you think that swapping pads offers a sound increase to which Audeze engineers have designed the current pads to be best suited for these headphones without modifying it's sound signature and tonality. Oh yeah for the record you're not the first to install the O2 pads on the LCD2's. There are others that have done prior to you even registering here.
Oh and for the record I invented the LCD2's I'm sure you would've never figured that out.
Edited by DefQon - 4/11/13 at 8:10pm
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 8 seconds ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 40 seconds ago
- › Norse Audio Skuld cable ~6ft for HiFiman headphones single-ended. 43 seconds ago
- › Sony MH1 recabled by ZMF 1 minute ago
- › New HTC One M8 audio review 1 minute ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 1 minute ago
- › Charlotte, NC meet April 19, 2014 <> meet impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 3 minutes ago
- › Furman Elite-15 PF power conditioner 3 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob