- 15,607 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Who else suffers from very little usable range on the volume knob? Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? Last post on 4/13/15 at 8:07am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Asgard 2 dynamic range compression in high gain mode? Last post on 10/1/14 at 9:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
The Rockmaster IE is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this by selecting OEM manufacturers and customizing the...
About Me I am in my fifties and have loved music and music equipment all my life. From about 8 years old, I had my first exposure to my mother’s reel to reel tape recorder. A few years later, I...
Introduction: I was asked by Brainwavz’/GPGSHK’s Pandora whether I was interested in reviewing their latest Brainwavz product, the Kidwavz KV100 that was especially designed for kids, so I...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 307post #4591 of 70604/10/13 at 5:05pmNearly identical bass, actually. Better mids, and less treble.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4592 of 70604/10/13 at 6:25pmpost #4593 of 70604/10/13 at 6:27pmQuote:
Stax ear pads?post #4594 of 70604/10/13 at 6:32pmpost #4595 of 70604/10/13 at 7:05pmQuote:
Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 11:09pmpost #4596 of 70604/10/13 at 7:12pm
You are questioning whether or not I have heard them by saying I have only played with them. What's the point of playing with them if I won't be listening to them? I'm going to say it again, they don't leak sound as bad as the LCD2's and I had a perfect seal with the entire D*K range, sure they don't completely isolate sound completely but do not leak sound as bad as the LCD2's. Either your pair of LCD2's are faulty or the newer LCD2's are more dampened and less open than the older LCD2's. I'm going to say it again they don't leak as bad as the LCD2's. I can virtually use the LCD2's as speakers.post #4597 of 70604/10/13 at 7:28pmThe D7000 doesn't even leak out much, unless you play them to the point of shattering your ear drums. They do however allow external noise in quite easily.
It still functions quite well as a headphone to keep from bothering other people. The LCD2 is as open as anything I've ever heard.post #4598 of 70604/10/13 at 7:46pm
Wow these LCD2.2's are starting to open up some more with a lot more hours on them. The whole rig is just starting to really come alive now. I can listen to Emancipator and just be spellbound. Also played around with JRiver settings some and that made a difference as well. Plus the Mjolnir has the muscle to really move those cans. When it's time to rock the amp and dac get down to business. Beautiful pairing the LCD 2.2's and the Schitt Mjolnir/Gungnir! Highly recommended...post #4599 of 70604/10/13 at 7:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
The D7000 doesn't even leak out much, unless you play them to the point of shattering your ear drums. They do however allow external noise in quite easily.
It still functions quite well as a headphone to keep from bothering other people. The LCD2 is as open as anything I've ever heard.
Thank you, glad somebody else agrees with me as well. Apart from my Lambda's and HD800's, my LCD2's come in a good 2nd or 3rd after the HD800's with the amount of sound they leak.Quote:Originally Posted by commtrd
Wow these LCD2.2's are starting to open up some more with a lot more hours on them. The whole rig is just starting to really come alive now. I can listen to Emancipator and just be spellbound. Also played around with JRiver settings some and that made a difference as well. Plus the Mjolnir has the muscle to really move those cans. When it's time to rock the amp and dac get down to business. Beautiful pairing the LCD 2.2's and the Schitt Mjolnir/Gungnir! Highly recommended...
Nice, glad you are enjoying them. I've read some very positive notes that the Mjolnir is almost an end game amp for the LCD2's due to its brighter nature and ability to reveal detail and impose clarity, something which sounds synergistic with the LCD2's warm, laid back or dark signature.post #4600 of 70604/11/13 at 8:50amQuote:
You switched the filt behind the ironplate with another type of material?
Ups..missed the answer.
The modification sounds very interesting, thanks for posting this!
Edited by sprite40 - 4/11/13 at 9:02ampost #4601 of 70604/11/13 at 9:41amQuote:Originally Posted by jibzilla
fine fine I wanted to wait till my other 2 headphones were done but that looks to be only a few days off. I put stax 02 pads on them and they went from pretty good to amazing in both sound and comfort. Your jaw will clench the first 10 hours but after that headphone heaven. highly as highly recommended can get. I'm saving the full review for a few days though.
Thanks--Now where did you find or get those pads??
Jackpost #4602 of 70604/11/13 at 2:57pmpost #4603 of 70604/11/13 at 6:14pmpost #4604 of 70604/11/13 at 7:47pmpost #4605 of 70604/11/13 at 8:09pm
Hear that o1ro1n you dof doffer...lol.
@jib, you obviously haven't seen some of the lawton modded D7k's in the F/S section now have you? Just a tip some were selling for $1500-1700's compared to a stock D7k that use to sell for $700, that's where my $800-1000 comment comes in. Oh and I'm sure your O2 pads offer a difference, the fact that either your brain is telling you there is a difference when there might not be any or the fact that you think that swapping pads offers a sound increase to which Audeze engineers have designed the current pads to be best suited for these headphones without modifying it's sound signature and tonality. Oh yeah for the record you're not the first to install the O2 pads on the LCD2's. There are others that have done prior to you even registering here.
Oh and for the record I invented the LCD2's I'm sure you would've never figured that out.
Edited by DefQon - 4/11/13 at 8:10pm
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 22 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 1 minute ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (August 30, 2015) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › iFi Launch competition – guess the upcoming new product! Clue #3... 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › Bought a pair of Sony earphones but received a different model, I'm... 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Encore RockMaster IE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2