- 16,258 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Who else suffers from very little usable range on the volume knob? Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? Last post on 3/15/16 at 5:21am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Asgard 2 dynamic range compression in high gain mode? Last post on 10/1/14 at 9:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
Disclaimer: I received this earphone for free from the manufacturers. I did my best not to let that color my opinion on the product, but my impressions may not be entirely without bias. Shozy...
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 307post #4591 of 71284/10/13 at 5:05pmNearly identical bass, actually. Better mids, and less treble.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4592 of 71284/10/13 at 6:25pmpost #4593 of 71284/10/13 at 6:27pmQuote:
Stax ear pads?post #4594 of 71284/10/13 at 6:32pmpost #4595 of 71284/10/13 at 7:05pmQuote:
Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 11:09pmpost #4596 of 71284/10/13 at 7:12pm
You are questioning whether or not I have heard them by saying I have only played with them. What's the point of playing with them if I won't be listening to them? I'm going to say it again, they don't leak sound as bad as the LCD2's and I had a perfect seal with the entire D*K range, sure they don't completely isolate sound completely but do not leak sound as bad as the LCD2's. Either your pair of LCD2's are faulty or the newer LCD2's are more dampened and less open than the older LCD2's. I'm going to say it again they don't leak as bad as the LCD2's. I can virtually use the LCD2's as speakers.post #4597 of 71284/10/13 at 7:28pmThe D7000 doesn't even leak out much, unless you play them to the point of shattering your ear drums. They do however allow external noise in quite easily.
It still functions quite well as a headphone to keep from bothering other people. The LCD2 is as open as anything I've ever heard.post #4598 of 71284/10/13 at 7:46pm
Wow these LCD2.2's are starting to open up some more with a lot more hours on them. The whole rig is just starting to really come alive now. I can listen to Emancipator and just be spellbound. Also played around with JRiver settings some and that made a difference as well. Plus the Mjolnir has the muscle to really move those cans. When it's time to rock the amp and dac get down to business. Beautiful pairing the LCD 2.2's and the Schitt Mjolnir/Gungnir! Highly recommended...post #4599 of 71284/10/13 at 7:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
The D7000 doesn't even leak out much, unless you play them to the point of shattering your ear drums. They do however allow external noise in quite easily.
It still functions quite well as a headphone to keep from bothering other people. The LCD2 is as open as anything I've ever heard.
Thank you, glad somebody else agrees with me as well. Apart from my Lambda's and HD800's, my LCD2's come in a good 2nd or 3rd after the HD800's with the amount of sound they leak.Quote:Originally Posted by commtrd
Wow these LCD2.2's are starting to open up some more with a lot more hours on them. The whole rig is just starting to really come alive now. I can listen to Emancipator and just be spellbound. Also played around with JRiver settings some and that made a difference as well. Plus the Mjolnir has the muscle to really move those cans. When it's time to rock the amp and dac get down to business. Beautiful pairing the LCD 2.2's and the Schitt Mjolnir/Gungnir! Highly recommended...
Nice, glad you are enjoying them. I've read some very positive notes that the Mjolnir is almost an end game amp for the LCD2's due to its brighter nature and ability to reveal detail and impose clarity, something which sounds synergistic with the LCD2's warm, laid back or dark signature.post #4600 of 71284/11/13 at 8:50amQuote:
You switched the filt behind the ironplate with another type of material?
Ups..missed the answer.
The modification sounds very interesting, thanks for posting this!
Edited by sprite40 - 4/11/13 at 9:02ampost #4601 of 71284/11/13 at 9:41amQuote:Originally Posted by jibzilla
fine fine I wanted to wait till my other 2 headphones were done but that looks to be only a few days off. I put stax 02 pads on them and they went from pretty good to amazing in both sound and comfort. Your jaw will clench the first 10 hours but after that headphone heaven. highly as highly recommended can get. I'm saving the full review for a few days though.
Thanks--Now where did you find or get those pads??
Jackpost #4602 of 71284/11/13 at 2:57pmpost #4603 of 71284/11/13 at 6:14pmpost #4604 of 71284/11/13 at 7:47pmpost #4605 of 71284/11/13 at 8:09pm
Hear that o1ro1n you dof doffer...lol.
@jib, you obviously haven't seen some of the lawton modded D7k's in the F/S section now have you? Just a tip some were selling for $1500-1700's compared to a stock D7k that use to sell for $700, that's where my $800-1000 comment comes in. Oh and I'm sure your O2 pads offer a difference, the fact that either your brain is telling you there is a difference when there might not be any or the fact that you think that swapping pads offers a sound increase to which Audeze engineers have designed the current pads to be best suited for these headphones without modifying it's sound signature and tonality. Oh yeah for the record you're not the first to install the O2 pads on the LCD2's. There are others that have done prior to you even registering here.
Oh and for the record I invented the LCD2's I'm sure you would've never figured that out.
Edited by DefQon - 4/11/13 at 8:10pm
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo 12 seconds ago
- › Confused - stack a DAC and AMP or go for all in one 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Vibro Labs CIEMS? 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 2 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony releases $160 64 GB SD cards marketed for 'Premium Sound' 3 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 4 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 4 minutes ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by getclikinagas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...