Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 299

post #4471 of 6496
In
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post


Not entirely accurate. Dog Padded were darker and with Alpha Pads they are almost identical in tonality. Purple is LCD-2, red is Mad Dog.
http://noblehifi.blogspot.com/2013/02/old-dog-new-pads-review.html

Interesting. I think it was the MD's graph that purrin posted with the CSD plots that show the MD leaning towards being neutral or was that paradox (which I know is pretty much as neutral as you can get for an ortho).
post #4472 of 6496
I will say that the MD didn't do it for me, but the Paradox did. I loved them.
post #4473 of 6496
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

I will say that the MD didn't do it for me, but the Paradox did. I loved them.

Can you elaborate a bit? And did you try the new Alpha dogs?

post #4474 of 6496

There are other headphones that put out more quantity of bass than the LCD's,

however when it comes to quality again, only the HD800 and HE-6 challenge 'em.

 

As of right now, I preferred my HD800 (been without it for a month now),

but I just think the HD800's bass is super tight, impactful, textured, just everything.

 

For me the HD800 is the best headphone in the world.

Sorry, my preferences have a distaste for either 007 or 009.

post #4475 of 6496
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

There are other headphones that put out more quantity of bass than the LCD's,
however when it comes to quality again, only the HD800 and HE-6 challenge 'em.

As of right now, I preferred my HD800 (been without it for a month now),
but I just think the HD800's bass is super tight, impactful, textured, just everything.

For me the HD800 is the best headphone in the world.
Sorry, my preferences have a distaste for either 007 or 009.

Well, let's put it this way, I love my D5000's subbass and love the MD's clean impact. Is the lcd 2 the next logical step? I want really solid impact and presence even on songs that dont necessarily call for bass with good subbass rumble too.
post #4476 of 6496
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post


Well, let's put it this way, I love my D5000's subbass and love the MD's clean impact. Is the lcd 2 the next logical step? I want really solid impact and presence even on songs that dont necessarily call for bass with good subbass rumble too.

The D500 is schiit, and the MD is schiit comparatively. So yes. 

post #4477 of 6496
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

There are other headphones that put out more quantity of bass than the LCD's,

however when it comes to quality again, only the HD800 and HE-6 challenge 'em.

 

As of right now, I preferred my HD800 (been without it for a month now),

but I just think the HD800's bass is super tight, impactful, textured, just everything.

 

For me the HD800 is the best headphone in the world.

Sorry, my preferences have a distaste for either 007 or 009.

Hey Paradoxper, just curious. Have you heard the HE-6 or HE-500 from speaker taps?

post #4478 of 6496
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

Hey Paradoxper, just curious. Have you heard the HE-6 or HE-500 from speaker taps?

Yea. And the HE-500 just doesn't cut it, IMO. The HE-6 is quite good when fed good power. 

 

However I find the LCD-3 an easier route w/similar results.

post #4479 of 6496

I'm beginning to like you more and more now para, I'll second all those last posts you've made. 

post #4480 of 6496
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

I'm beginning to like you more and more now para, I'll second all those last posts you've made. 

That won't last long. very_evil_smiley.gif

post #4481 of 6496

haha, nothing you can say now to make me hate you after the last few post you made dude. beerchug.gif

 

But yeah to sum up from my own experience as well, HD800 is the best dynamic transducer based headphone you can buy today, feed it clean power and it will produce sweet notes to your ears. LCD2, a fun headphone with a warmish sort of dark laid back sound with good bass response, not $995 or $1145 worth of good sound but still quite good. Haven't heard the LCD3 yet still, but from what I've read and seen it seems to be the most logical upgrade if you want something more serious and fun sounding improving on most of the flaws with the LCD2's. HE-500 didn't cut it for me as well, but my impressions with them is of limited experience due to listening to them for like 30 minutes, from memory I liked the HE-400 and the old HE-5 more to the HE-500. HE-6 again limited listening time but these sounded pretty good on the spot and I can really see how people claim that these sound best from a good designed high powered headphone/integrated amp, jazz, opera and classical sound very well rendered with the HE-6.

 

Don't want to bash Denon's line of headphones but the D2/5/7k are not very good headphones for the price, bloated, recessed and bassy. Wood finish on the D5/7k look nice but that's about it. I preferred the D5k but it's still a lemon compared to the LCD2's. People forking out $1000 + for the D7k to get it markl modded and new wooden cups = a joke and obviously not looking for high-fidelity. Have not heard the MD have been watching them and the Paradox closely since purrins announcement back last year for one of the meets.

post #4482 of 6496

Fit and finish on the Paradox was nicer, and all the optional stuff is definitely one thing that set it apart. Cable was great, 'comfort' headband was great, etc.

 

Sound wise the MD sounded flat and boring while I remember the Paradox sounding much more lively and detailed.

 

Unfortunately the Paradox didn't make it back to Austin at the meet when I heard the Mad Dogs (2 different pairs and I know one had Alpha Pads) so I didn't hear them side by side, again, unfortunately.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

Can you elaborate a bit? And did you try the new Alpha dogs?

post #4483 of 6496
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post


Don't want to bash Denon's line of headphones but the D2/5/7k are not very good headphones for the price, bloated, recessed and bassy.

He-he, agree, in a stock form they are quite lousy. Modded with Angle pads they are quite listenable, not LCD-2 level but can compete with MD.

post #4484 of 6496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post

He-he, agree, in a stock form they are quite lousy. Modded with Angle pads they are quite listenable, not LCD-2 level but can compete with MD.

Thing is I really like the 'bloated' bass and don't really understand why people mod them and don't just buy a different headphone.
post #4485 of 6496

Because some people rather squeeze and experiment by using the least amount of money involved (or none at all) possible rather than buying something completely new that could cost heaps heaps more. I for one am of these people. Sort of like overclocking your computer, why pay more when you can get to the same performance for $0?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)