Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 288

post #4306 of 6568
Soooooo..for an aftermarket cable, what works best with LCD-2, all copper, SPC, or hybrid? Looking at occ litz cable from Norse. Just need to decide on wire type. Thanks.
post #4307 of 6568
Quote:
Originally Posted by commtrd View Post

Wow just got my brand new LCD2.2 cans today! They are just beautiful. Caribbean rosewood with leather. It's weird I know but I feel honored to have access to listening equipment that is of such quality and finely crafted. The Gungnir shipped today and already have the Mjolnir amp. This should be an enjoyable system for years to come! Thanks to Cory who helped guide me to this gear and all the others who post here and share their knowledge. Can't wait to power everything up and get a bunch of hours on which should not take too long! 
Do they come with Q cable?
post #4308 of 6568
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo11 View Post


Do they come with Q cable?

I ordered a balanced cable from Justin and it also came with the stock SE cable so I have both but someday will look into an accessory cable. But for now going to use what came with the phones.

post #4309 of 6568
Quote:
Originally Posted by commtrd View Post

Wow just got my brand new LCD2.2 cans today! They are just beautiful. Caribbean rosewood with leather. It's weird I know but I feel honored to have access to listening equipment that is of such quality and finely crafted. The Gungnir shipped today and already have the Mjolnir amp. This should be an enjoyable system for years to come! Thanks to Cory who helped guide me to this gear and all the others who post here and share their knowledge. Can't wait to power everything up and get a bunch of hours on which should not take too long! 

PICS

post #4310 of 6568

Silver suits best with the LCD2. 

post #4311 of 6568
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Silver suits best with the LCD2. 
Stock cables for LCD-2 silver coated or copper?
post #4312 of 6568

I would like to post some images (I shoot pro Nikon gear) but how do I do it? This forum does not have the same interface for posting photos as most other forums far as I can see. These LCDs have a really neat wood grain pattern not like any of the others seen images here. 

post #4313 of 6568
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Silver suits best with the LCD2. 

 

What is it exactly about the silver content that helps the LCD? more detail, more highs? Does the bass response take much of a hit using silver? I don't want to lose much warmth or smoothness 

Quote:
Originally Posted by commtrd View Post

I would like to post some images (I shoot pro Nikon gear) but how do I do it? This forum does not have the same interface for posting photos as most other forums far as I can see. These LCDs have a really neat wood grain pattern not like any of the others seen images here. 

IN the reply box, there is a little square color button in the toolbar. Hover over it for "insert image" click it and go from there. 

post #4314 of 6568
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrobe View Post

Soooooo..for an aftermarket cable, what works best with LCD-2, all copper, SPC, or hybrid? Looking at occ litz cable from Norse. Just need to decide on wire type. Thanks.

I like the Q cable.  Ergonomically it is great.  Honestly I don't think there is any big diff between headphone cables.  You can check Tyll's InnerFidelity website for some comparo's he did and pretty much nada.  Even that being said I'd still get the Q's.  The stock cable is still good but Q's just looked better on the LC's and I'm never going to get around the "looks" thing with audio equipment!

 

 

700

 

700

post #4315 of 6568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advent75 View Post


Stock cables for LCD-2 silver coated or copper?

Stock cables are completely OFC (oxygen free copper). Standard stuff nothing special (same applies to the older Canare based LCD2 cables from the earlier rev's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrobe View Post

 

What is it exactly about the silver content that helps the LCD? more detail, more highs? Does the bass response take much of a hit using silver? I don't want to lose much warmth or smoothness 

IN the reply box, there is a little square color button in the toolbar. Hover over it for "insert image" click it and go from there. 

While cable debating what it does, which is better etc is subjective/placebo influential. I prefer silver/gold cables with the LCD2's, namely my Crystal Piccolino's. Pure silver sound crisp and clean but can sound very thin sometimes even with the LCD2's and it is just it's nature that it sounds that way. Copper is thick and warm sounding, sometimes bloated, gives a slight boost to the mid bass, or adding more presence. 

 

I think a good SPC (silver plated copper) cable will do you good if you want sound to be tad bit opened up while retaining some of the warmth and bass copper cables exhibit.

post #4316 of 6568

 

Now if I could just hurry up and get the dac and interrconnecting cables so I can start listening to all this neat stuff!

post #4317 of 6568
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Stock cables are completely OFC (oxygen free copper). Standard stuff nothing special (same applies to the older Canare based LCD2 cables from the earlier rev's.

While cable debating what it does, which is better etc is subjective/placebo influential. I prefer silver/gold cables with the LCD2's, namely my Crystal Piccolino's. Pure silver sound crisp and clean but can sound very thin sometimes even with the LCD2's and it is just it's nature that it sounds that way. Copper is thick and warm sounding, sometimes bloated, gives a slight boost to the mid bass, or adding more presence. 

 

I think a good SPC (silver plated copper) cable will do you good if you want sound to be tad bit opened up while retaining some of the warmth and bass copper cables exhibit.

Yeah, SPC is kind of the direction I'm leaning in going with. All my interconnects are Mundorf silver/gold which I think is good for an interconnect but wouldn't really want it for a HP cable. I am worried a bit that pure copper might be too smooth/warm. Also if the stock cable is copper already..if I am going for a change, maybe it should be a change, not the same material! Either choice is good I suppose, anything I get from Norse is going to be great. 

 

Originally Posted by commtrd View Post

 

 

 

Wow, that is a really nice look. You have the transition between heartwood and sapwood there, accounting for the two different looks in the wood. Cool. Mine look nice, are all just one dark red and even color... but not as interesting as that. Really neat.

post #4318 of 6568

Some really nice wood grain texture right there.

post #4319 of 6568

Yes beautiful as they are, I really just want to get them hooked up to the Mjolnir/Gungnir and get to jammin'! It will be awesome to get to sit down and work on developing images in Lightroom and learning Photoshop for digital painting while wrapped in rich deep sound from this system. Sweet!

post #4320 of 6568
Quote:
Originally Posted by commtrd View Post

 

 

 

 

Now if I could just hurry up and get the dac and interrconnecting cables so I can start listening to all this neat stuff!

What a beautiful texture on those cups! it really make them unique and one of the kind

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)