Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 283

post #4231 of 6543
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Interesting. Might have to check this fellow out. His cables any good compared to the companies out there these days?

They're solid, but completely boring.

 

I'd much prefer Toxic, Q, DHC, or Norse for the more custom options and superior ergonomics.

post #4232 of 6543

anyone know where this lcd-2 memory foam headband in this pic can be found?

 

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649032178-audeze_lcd2_rev_bamboo_with_leather_padx2_vegan_pads_foam_metal_head_band_q_audio_balance_cable_adap/images/512871/

post #4233 of 6543
That looks like the vegan headband. Just a dark pic. And yes, its better than the leather.
post #4234 of 6543
Not vegan headband. The one on in use is the Rev 1 foam headband. The one to the side is black leather. The vegan headbands have the same ridges as the leather headbands. You should know, MLE. wink.gif

Here's the foam in a better pic:

1000x500px-LL-41f1ddf8_lcd2studio1.jpg
Edited by Maxvla - 3/20/13 at 10:13pm
post #4235 of 6543
I dont have it with me atm, but thats nice. I'd like t know know too. Looks real comfy.
post #4236 of 6543

The foam headband was much more comfortable than the current leather one, IMO.

post #4237 of 6543
The leather headband isn't much better than the AKG bumps of doom. The vegan headband is a little better, but it can still be improved.
post #4238 of 6543

The headband comfort would probably be optimized if they just slap a piece of leather or suede onto the revision-1 style foam. No bumps, nothing.

post #4239 of 6543
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

The headband comfort would probably be optimized if they just slap a piece of leather or suede onto the revision-1 style foam. No bumps, nothing.

You read my mind, something I'm in the process of doing. Since my mom is a perfectionist with leather. Will be posting updates regards to this soon.

post #4240 of 6543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

The leather headband isn't much better than the AKG bumps of doom. The vegan headband is a little better, but it can still be improved.

Your LCD2's didn't last long! eek.gif

 

Incidently, I'm selling mine too.. Fleabay uk tonight!! wink_face.gif

 

Had mine for nearly a year, and although I love them I've been itching to try something else for a while now. So I'm just gonna do it. No regrets..

post #4241 of 6543
I'm not selling mine. I'll only trade them for a D7000 (2012). That's my fave headphone, and I'm tired of skirting around reacquiring them and calling it a day.
post #4242 of 6543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

I'm not selling mine. I'll only trade them for a D7000 (2012). That's my fave headphone, and I'm tired of skirting around reacquiring them and calling it a day.

Oh I seee.

 

yeah, mine are going up after 8.00 uk time tonight on fleabay. biggrin.gif

post #4243 of 6543

The first version foam headband... It was very nice - I like it better than the second version foam headband. But I prefer the leather version to the second version foam headband. Very soft leather, with very soft bumps.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post

Not vegan headband. The one on in use is the Rev 1 foam headband. The one to the side is black leather. The vegan headbands have the same ridges as the leather headbands. You should know, MLE. wink.gif

Here's the foam in a better pic:

1000x500px-LL-41f1ddf8_lcd2studio1.jpg
post #4244 of 6543

lugbug, your LCD2's the one with the dark stain you applied over them?

post #4245 of 6543

Well my LCD-2's arrived yesterday. (yay!) I'm really satisfied with the build quality and initial impressions of the sound. This is my first set of decent cans (pretty much been a IEM/CIEM user up to this point). I have to throw a shout out to Justin at HeadAmp for his great service and answering all my questions. 

 

I'm also in the process of getting an upgraded balanced cable form Norse, so that is another thing to look forward to.

 

Got a couple questions, however. One is, how do you care for the leather? Just Lexol or just any type of leather soap/conditioner? Or something specific?

 

The other question is, most frequency charts I have seen for the LCD-2's are pretty much ruler-flat all the way up to 1k. Mine have this zig-zag in the sub-bass region. I suppose this must be within what Audeze deems acceptable, otherwise it wouldn't get sent out. But I'm just wondering if any of you have seen a FR chart like this and if it's normal. If it's anything to be concerned about or not.

 

 

Kid Approved:

 

 

Thanks...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)