Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 269

post #4021 of 6279
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post

Agree. Only the highs on the HE500 with velours have the edge for me.

 

 

 

I agree whith Lug on this one.  IMO the highs = 500s, the mids = toss up, the bass = LCD-2.2s

post #4022 of 6279
Quote:
Originally Posted by hagay View Post

hey, just received my first lcd-2 rev 2 (rosewood) from justin of headamp.com. they are just beautiful, sounds great! (i'm coming from DT880). and above all, justin was just a pleasure to do business with. 

 

 

That's great looking wood. But what's the sticker on the headband for? It looks like a pictogram saying you should not to throw the headphone in the garbage bin. They used to put a sticker with a serial number there.

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post

The LCD2 just arrived. Kudos to Justin for his quick shipping  yesterday. What are the hours need for these to open up? I assume about 100 hrs. What were the biggest difference you heard after that time frame?

 

Mine are from 2010, and they already sound amazing.


Edited by DefectiveAudioComponent - 2/12/13 at 12:55pm
post #4023 of 6279
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefectiveAudioComponent View Post

 

That's great looking wood. But what's the sticker on the headband for? It looks like a pictogram saying you should not to throw the headphone in the garbage bin. They used to put a sticker with a serial number there.

hah it is! mine's got one. I noticed it just in time a few weeks ago, was just about to throw them in the bin after an Adele song came on the radio and soiled my LCD2's (not a fan)... Then I seen the sticker eek.gif

 

The serial number sticker is on the other side.

post #4024 of 6279

X2 on the wood.  Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagay View Post

hey, just received my first lcd-2 rev 2 (rosewood) from justin of headamp.com. they are just beautiful, sounds great! (i'm coming from DT880). and above all, justin was just a pleasure to do business with. 

 

post #4025 of 6279

Any idea's as to what mod's I should to my pair aesthetically? I might stain them like Lugbug did but iuno, take the drivers out and make a tray to roll ortho drivers between the T50 drivers and stock? Mine don't get much listen time so feel like pulling it apart. Pretty much Stax these days. Might mod the grill as there is some resonating issues with it.

post #4026 of 6279
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Any idea's as to what mod's I should to my pair aesthetically? I might stain them like Lugbug did but iuno, take the drivers out and make a tray to roll ortho drivers between the T50 drivers and stock? Mine don't get much listen time so feel like pulling it apart. Pretty much Stax these days. Might mod the grill as there is some resonating issues with it.

If you are serious..? I'd have a go playing with the wood. I love the look of mine now and you can't really do that much damage applying a bit woodstain. I personally wouldn't touch the drivers though.. It'll void the warranty if you want to sell em.

post #4027 of 6279
Pretty sure any modification voids the warranty.
post #4028 of 6279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post

Pretty sure any modification voids the warranty.

The wood has a separate warranty that's only 1 year if I remember correct. But the drivers etc is 3 year. 

post #4029 of 6279
Don't think of them separately in regards to modifications. That is only for normal non-modded usage.
post #4030 of 6279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post

Don't think of them separately in regards to modifications. That is only for normal non-modded usage.

Yeah I hear what you are saying. Just I think that any varnishing/waxing you do to the wood won't affect your warranty if a driver blows. On the other hand if you've never touched the wood but used them to play table tennis with... Don't think they'd play ball. If you know what I mean ;)

post #4031 of 6279

Mine are already out of warranty. Even if I damage it somehow it's not a big loss at least for me. Enough chit chat, as I do with almost all my headphones, these will be disassembled with pictures to boot. Although I really don't want to damage the wooden housing.

post #4032 of 6279
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Mine are already out of warranty. Even if I damage it somehow it's not a big loss at least for me. Enough chit chat, as I do with almost all my headphones, these will be disassembled with pictures to boot. Although I really don't want to damage the wooden housing.

 

A word of caution

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/spectacularly-yummy-audeze-lcd-2-and-lcd-3-page-2

 

 

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyll
 
I didn't attempt to disassemble the drivers on these headphones as that can prove a rather calamitous affair (ask me how I know...RIP HE-6)
post #4033 of 6279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post

 

A word of caution

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/spectacularly-yummy-audeze-lcd-2-and-lcd-3-page-2

 

 

Yeh I've gone through that before, I won't be disassembling the drivers itself, just disassembling it from the backplate mount it is bolted on in the wooden housing. Might also do something about dampening inside the enclosure. I will be the first to import a Fostex T50RP driver into the LCD2 enclosure.

post #4034 of 6279
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefectiveAudioComponent View Post

 

That's great looking wood. But what's the sticker on the headband for? It looks like a pictogram saying you should not to throw the headphone in the garbage bin. They used to put a sticker with a serial number there.

 

 

 

 

 

Mine are from 2010, and they already sound amazing.

Your point?

post #4035 of 6279

Unrelated to the sound, but does anyone else have a problem with the headband applying pressure to a single point of the top of the skull and causing a great deal of discomfort after a while?  For me, it seems like the stitching crevice where there is 0 padding the exact spot where it contacts my head...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)