Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 255

post #3811 of 6496

It sure feels like plastic

post #3812 of 6496

if they are metal they should have left them unpainted!

 

Im going to audition them tomorrow against some other new phones.. ill be sure to check if they are plastic.

post #3813 of 6496
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

Oh? So they are just metal painted with a matte black? Cool. Always thought it was plastic to differentiate the LCD3s (with their shiny steel angled connectors) out.

Yeah defo metal, I know because I took some of the paint off when I varnished me boos.

post #3814 of 6496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcalibur255 View Post

Could anyone be kind enough to give a bit more specific instruction on where to place your hands when trying to bend and loosen the headband?

 

First take some valium so you don't sweat a puddle on the desk...

 

Next take off the cable...

 

Now position the LCD-2 on the top of the headband...

 

Place your hands on the inside of the headband at the end of the leather near the screws...

 

Push on both ends to flatten it, flat...

 

NOTE:  If you do it from the outside and the screws give... ouch ;)

post #3815 of 6496
Quote:
Originally Posted by papazoid View Post

i am looking to buy a used Audeze lcd-2 (list $989)  that is about 1 year old (10/6/11) in mint condition. it comes with an upgraded cable ALO Audio Ref 8 silver/copper 4.5 foot cable terminated with a 1/4" Furutech Gold Plug (list $549). has less than 200 hours on headphones, says they are a revision, but not sure which one. comes with an individual Frequency response graph (included), wood care kit (never used and included), beautiful wood case (included), and a care kit and full 3 year warranty papers (included).......seller wants $875......

 

is this a good price ?

That is a killer price especially considering the cable although 4.5 feet isn't that long.

post #3816 of 6496
Quote:
Originally Posted by papazoid View Post

i am looking to buy a used Audeze lcd-2 (list $989)  that is about 1 year old (10/6/11) in mint condition. it comes with an upgraded cable ALO Audio Ref 8 silver/copper 4.5 foot cable terminated with a 1/4" Furutech Gold Plug (list $549). has less than 200 hours on headphones, says they are a revision, but not sure which one. comes with an individual Frequency response graph (included), wood care kit (never used and included), beautiful wood case (included), and a care kit and full 3 year warranty papers (included).......seller wants $875......

 

is this a good price ?

i've just started looking for a nice pair about 10 days ago.....after bouncing around this Head-Fi forum i thought for sure i would get the HE-400's. then i started reading some more and figured the HE-500's would be better, but i kept reading and now i'm thinking the Audeze LCD-2's  would be best.....i really think i should cut this search off and make a decision....help !!!???

post #3817 of 6496
Quote:
Originally Posted by papazoid View Post

i've just started looking for a nice pair about 10 days ago.....after bouncing around this Head-Fi forum i thought for sure i would get the HE-400's. then i started reading some more and figured the HE-500's would be better, but i kept reading and now i'm thinking the Audeze LCD-2's  would be best.....i really think i should cut this search off and make a decision....help !!!???

Just go straight to the Stax SR-009 very_evil_smiley.gif

post #3818 of 6496

This was suggested to me but I didn't listen. It really is inevitable if you're looking for the absolute best.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelli View Post

Just go straight to the Stax SR-009 very_evil_smiley.gif

post #3819 of 6496
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oxide View Post

It sure feels like plastic

They are metal. Just checked them out. I always thought it was plastic until you guys had this discussion. I never checked before :)) . Good news actually :D

post #3820 of 6496
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.gheorghe View Post

They are metal. Just checked them out. I always thought it was plastic until you guys had this discussion. I never checked before :)) . Good news actually :D


Can't you guys tell metal from plastic, metal is cold on touch. biggrin.gif

Also from 

The Spectacularly Yummy Audeze LCD-2 and LCD-3

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyll
 
In the original LCD-2, the connector was housed in a feature that was machined out of the wood of the housing, but this area seemed quite prone to cracking. In both current models a metal connector housing is provided. It's painted black on the LCD-2, and chromed on the LCD-3.
 
post #3821 of 6496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post


Can't you guys tell metal from plastic, metal is cold on touch. biggrin.gif

Also from 

The Spectacularly Yummy Audeze LCD-2 and LCD-3

 

Exactly. Never checked the temperature before to check the material though. They are metal!


Edited by dan.gheorghe - 1/13/13 at 2:05pm
post #3822 of 6496
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelli View Post

Just go straight to the Stax SR-009 very_evil_smiley.gif

Straight to where....................very_evil_smiley.gif

post #3823 of 6496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post

 

First take some valium so you don't sweat a puddle on the desk...

 

Next take off the cable...

 

Now position the LCD-2 on the top of the headband...

 

Place your hands on the inside of the headband at the end of the leather near the screws...

 

Push on both ends to flatten it, flat...

 

NOTE:  If you do it from the outside and the screws give... ouch ;)


I appreciate it.  So just to be clear, the phones are upside down with the top of the band against the table/desk when you flatten them?  Maybe it would be safer to actually take the driver housings off the headband first, or perhaps if a hand slipped that would just result in a dangerous projectile without the extra weight attached.

 

I might try to live with it as is for a while, the main issue is whenever I need to readjust them the seal it creates is so strong it creates pressure on my eardrum that bothers me so I need just slightly less seal on the cups for this to stop bothering me.  The actual clamping force on the jaw is high but not completely unlivable.  I was able to listen for over an hour in my first real listening session without any actual pain, and I have jaw pain problems anyway.

 

Thanks again.

post #3824 of 6496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcalibur255 View Post


I appreciate it.  So just to be clear, the phones are upside down with the top of the band against the table/desk when you flatten them?  Maybe it would be safer to actually take the driver housings off the headband first, or perhaps if a hand slipped that would just result in a dangerous projectile without the extra weight attached.

 

I might try to live with it as is for a while, the main issue is whenever I need to readjust them the seal it creates is so strong it creates pressure on my eardrum that bothers me so I need just slightly less seal on the cups for this to stop bothering me.  The actual clamping force on the jaw is high but not completely unlivable.  I was able to listen for over an hour in my first real listening session without any actual pain, and I have jaw pain problems anyway.

 

Thanks again.

They do ease over time, mine have and the pads become a little softer. I do give the headband a little stretch every now and again, just do it in your hands holding the headband and bend it straight at different parts. Easy does it though. :)

post #3825 of 6496

found the clamp and comfort not bad at all over at A2A yesterday. I liked these cans a lot, just not exactly what i expected based on some reviews online.

 

Heres what i wrote, its not overly verbose and doesnt come with graphs or anything so i apologize in advance if thats your bag.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/646138/review-lcd2-r2-signature-pro-dj-and-more-impressions-and-final-thoughts

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)