Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 248

post #3706 of 6542

To my ears the LCD2 is a little more present and crisp in the upper mids and highs than the HD650.

but they don't really sound the same.  Only in that neither is particularly bright both nonoffensive

post #3707 of 6542

I've always thought that the HE500's sound more like the 650's only better. But anyone upgrading from the 650's would be pleased with LCD2's as they are both none fatiguing. I love the treble on the Audeze, its detailed and natural without any colour. I also liked the treble on the 650's and they can sound brighter and airyer than the LCD2's depending on the amp, but there is also a bit of grain too.

post #3708 of 6542
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post

I've always thought that the HE500's sound more like the 650's only better. But anyone upgrading from the 650's would be pleased with LCD2's as they are both none fatiguing. I love the treble on the Audeze, its detailed and natural without any colour. I also liked the treble on the 650's and they can sound brighter and airyer than the LCD2's depending on the amp, but there is also a bit of grain too.

 

Good point here.  Yes the treble is better.  The overall headphone (HE-500) just has a more clear and crisp sound to it.  More then the LCD-2s as well. IMO.

post #3709 of 6542

Having owned HD600/650,HE 500 and LCD2, I like to think that HE500 is a natural upgrade for the HD600;and LCD2 is the continuation of the HD650.

Treble of the LCD2 is good but HE500's treble is better.....shimmering,shiny treble!

Still,I have only kept the Audeze and sold the rest as I just didn't bother any longer.....might regret the HE500 but then,....!

post #3710 of 6542
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversurfer616 View Post

Having owned HD600/650,HE 500 and LCD2, I like to think that HE500 is a natural upgrade for the HD600;and LCD2 is the continuation of the HD650.

Treble of the LCD2 is good but HE500's treble is better.....shimmering,shiny treble!

Still,I have only kept the Audeze and sold the rest as I just didn't bother any longer.....might regret the HE500 but then,....!

Because of the lousy HE500 cable terminals? ;)

post #3711 of 6542

HFM really need to rework the connectors. So +1

post #3712 of 6542

Little late to the party but while the LCD-3 is an across the board improvement over the LCD-2 the big difference is that its treble is flatter.  LCD-2 has more treble presence, mostly because of the spike, but the flatter LCD-3 has better clarity despite lower dB.

post #3713 of 6542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post

Little late to the party but while the LCD-3 is an across the board improvement over the LCD-2 the big difference is that its treble is flatter.  LCD-2 has more treble presence, mostly because of the spike, but the flatter LCD-3 has better clarity despite lower dB.

Agreed completely. The LCD-3's treble is indeed "smoother" than the already smooth (although peakier) LCD-2's treble.
post #3714 of 6542

+1

post #3715 of 6542

Just received my toxic silver poison cable for the LCD2's.  Whether it be placebo effect or not, I definitely hear a difference.

 

I'm hearing the LCD2 as slightly brighter and the bass tamer with the SP.  I was very used to the stock cable so I'm not sure if I'm sold on the changes yet.  The build of SP cable is definitely an improvement over the stock though.

post #3716 of 6542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant00 View Post

 

I know The Cable Company does: http://www.thecableco.com/Product/NEW-Headphone-Lending-Library

 

Personally, if I had not heard talk of the LCD-2 being 'dark' before listening to them I would have never considered using that word to describe them (and my first audition was with the 'darker' first version too). To me they sound very natural, and if anything I find some of the other flagships have too much treble for my taste.

X 2.

 

I found my LCD-2r2 very natural and revealing with a very full sound. I never ever thought once that they lacked treble presence by any means. But you have to consider the synergy with the other components in the audio chain. My LCD-2 are linked with a W4S-DAC-2 and a BHA-1 Bryston amp, two components known for their resolution and energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry S View Post

I'd agree that you don't have to like the the HD-650 to like the LCD-2, but if you do like the HD-650, there's a good chance you'll love the LCD-2. The HD-650 has accurate detailed treble, but it's pulled back a bit--at least compared to bright signature headphones. It's clear that people have very different sensitivities to upper mid/treble energy. If you get too much, it comes across as harsh and often sibilant. If you're not getting enough, a headphone may seem like it's muddy or lacking detail or air.
It has everything to do with psychoacoustics--how you perceive sounds. My observation is that although there are a lot of fine-grained preferences when it comes to headphones, the tolerance to treble energy is the least negotiable aspect for the majority of people.

Absolutly true. I am really sensitive to high treble energy and it's easy for me to find stuff edgy and harsh. I have listened to HD-800 twice and for me, it's simply unlistenable at high volume. I found them way too bright and thin like a sheet of paper when compare to the LCD-2. But I know some headfiers who I respect alot, that are really in love with the sound of HD-800. They simply not for me. Oh and I had the chance to compare my LCD-2 to the LCD-3 for about a week lately. I prefered the LCD-2 to the more revealing and refined LCD-3.

post #3717 of 6542

Does anyone know any information or even some gossip on the closed version of the LCD-3 prototype?

post #3718 of 6542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulb View Post

Does anyone know any information or even some gossip on the closed version of the LCD-3 prototype?

 

Wrong thread

http://www.head-fi.org/t/631590/audeze-closed-back-prototypes-yeah-this-is-one-of-the-headphones-at-the-top-of-my-wish-list

post #3719 of 6542

thank you

post #3720 of 6542

Hi all. I have just purchased this LCD-2 rev2 (a demo pairs, like new) and the first time i used it, everything is fine until i unplug the cable: the left cable can be unplug easily but the right can't be unplug, seem like it was stuck, even i press the button firmly or hard. Plz help me

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)