The Cable Company has them too and I believe you can audition them as well but I'm not sure how that policy goes.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Who else suffers from very little usable range on the volume knob? Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? Last post on 4/13/15 at 8:07am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Asgard 2 dynamic range compression in high gain mode? Last post on 10/1/14 at 9:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/14/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Noble BTS Review by HiFiChris Preamble: Before I start with my actual review, I want to thank Noble Audio and especially Brannan Mason for providing me with a sample of the BTS for my...
Head-Fi, Fiio X5 and me I came out of my lurking in January 2014 to join Head-Fi, I was looking for a DAP to replace my Creative Zen X-Fi's whose display had a 'black ink' spreading...
Foreword: I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts in : - live venues, - concert halls, - bars, and -...
For me, they are the best ever. Maybe someday i'll listen to something 'better'? Well, we'll see. PD: The Highs can bother some people with their 2k and 8-9k peaks. For me it's fine, but it's...
In terms of design it is good looking and cofortable. Usb is meaningless to me, my laptops built-in sound card is better sounding than that usb. G430 sounds bad and unnatural, it shoud be better at...
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 245post #3661 of 699412/10/12 at 12:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3662 of 699412/10/12 at 12:08pmpost #3663 of 699412/10/12 at 8:15pmQuote:
I'm using this feature and it goes like this. They charge you 5% of the retail price as a deposit for whatever headphones you want to try out. They ship them to you and you have about 10 or 12 days to listen to your hearts content and then ship them back in the same box with the supplied shipping label (they do charge for that part). The non-refundable deposit is then applied to anything you want to buy from them, including the headphones, obviously.
A question about the LCD2s. They are one of the headphones I'm trying out and I have a problem. The headband doesn't sit flat and the rear edge is the only contact area and this becomes uncomfortable pretty quickly. Has anyone else here experienced that? I've tried different head positions but it doesn't change (other than the place it sits on my head).post #3664 of 699412/12/12 at 6:38ampost #3665 of 699412/12/12 at 11:37am
I simply move the headband (backward) to the point at which it is flat on my head -- it is farther back than other cans I wear ... but there is a sweet spot. YMMV.post #3666 of 699412/12/12 at 1:48pmQuote:
I do the same thing. I noticed if the band is pushed forward this may push the leather pads against the back of your ear causing them to go out wide, which seems to make things sound a bit unnatural.post #3667 of 699412/12/12 at 2:05pmQuote:
You can rotate the pads on the earcups to compensate for the position of the headband pad.
-HK sendspost #3668 of 699412/12/12 at 5:41pmpost #3669 of 699412/12/12 at 5:58pmQuote:
They're held on with adhesive, so I'm not sure how they could be rotated.post #3670 of 699412/13/12 at 9:01amQuote:
IIRC, the plastic ring the leather is mounted to is fixed by adhesive but if you try to twist them a bit, you should be able to get the pads to rotate on the rings. I wouldn't force it too much though, you don't want to remove the earpad.
Hope this helps...
-HK sendspost #3671 of 699412/13/12 at 10:54ampost #3672 of 699412/13/12 at 11:00ampost #3673 of 699412/13/12 at 11:46ampost #3674 of 699412/13/12 at 4:12pm
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 9 seconds ago
- › The Chord Hugo TT is announced. 1 minute ago
- › Is there no flagship for "fun" headphones that has the 3D... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ALO audio Copper 22 mini BALANCED interconnect 6 minutes ago
- › Entreq Konstantin 2010 headphonecable for Audeze 10FT 8 minutes ago
- › ALO SXC24 BALANCED inear cable (2-pin) 9 minutes ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 9 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 13 minutes ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 14 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3