+1, with some tube's that offer an expansion to soundstaging it can provide to the LCD2 doesn't mean that a tube amp will be inferior to a ss amp in terms of soundstaging qualities.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Who else suffers from very little usable range on the volume knob? Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? Last post on 3/15/16 at 5:21am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Asgard 2 dynamic range compression in high gain mode? Last post on 10/1/14 at 9:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
REVIEW: ifi Pro iCan Equipment used: Headphones: Sennheiser HD800S, Hifiman Edition X, Hifiman HE-560, AKG K7XX, Audeze LCD-2f, Sennheiser Momentum, HD-650, Oppo PM-2, PM-3, Aurisonics ASG...
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
I have owned the Darkvoice 336SE for a while now, and consider myself a discerning listener/audiophile. My listening setup consists of two KRK RP-5 studio reference monitors, and a KRK RP-10S, and...
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 242post #3616 of 712812/1/12 at 4:32am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3617 of 712812/1/12 at 1:23pm
i'm thinking about getting a bryston bha-1 for my lcd2s. I bought a Singlepower MPX 3 tube amp it pairs with the headphones wonderfully, but too smooth, and romantic for my taste. I hope the bryston pairs with my Gungnir well.
does anyone have a amp recommendation that will be engaging for post-rock, indie, ambient? all my research lead me to bryston
Edited by crossjeremiah - 12/1/12 at 1:26pmpost #3618 of 712812/1/12 at 1:37pmpost #3619 of 712812/1/12 at 1:39pmpost #3620 of 712812/1/12 at 1:48pmpost #3621 of 712812/1/12 at 1:51pmpost #3622 of 712812/1/12 at 2:04pmpost #3623 of 712812/3/12 at 12:37ampost #3624 of 712812/3/12 at 9:36ampost #3625 of 712812/3/12 at 9:41ampost #3626 of 712812/3/12 at 9:47am
The bamboo is every-so-slightly lighter and supposed to be more durable.post #3627 of 712812/3/12 at 10:33amQuote:
Thank you defiant00, but are you talking about the sound characteristic or wood color?
tell me something what i dont know
Edited by atistatic - 12/3/12 at 10:35ampost #3628 of 712812/3/12 at 10:39am
There's no sound difference. He's talking about the wood.post #3629 of 712812/3/12 at 10:41ampost #3630 of 712812/3/12 at 10:51am
Well the first big caveat is that with the Bamboo you must never play them near Panda's!! You are just taking your life in your hands at that point. They are cute...........but love bamboo!
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 48 seconds ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 1 minute ago
- › My Review and unboxing of the JVC HA FX1200 1 minute ago
- › Closet sound to Momentum Sennheiser from a Computer Speaker 1 minute ago
- › FiiO Releases the X7 Standard Edition (Without Amp Module) 2 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 3 minutes ago
- › What's your opinion about the equipment for my podcast studio? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 4 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering Atlas water resistant sports in-ear monitor by Brooko
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Koolpep
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...