+1, with some tube's that offer an expansion to soundstaging it can provide to the LCD2 doesn't mean that a tube amp will be inferior to a ss amp in terms of soundstaging qualities.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for movies Last post on 11/20/12 at 3:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help in deciding on an AMP, DAC and headphones for around £1600 Last post on 11/16/12 at 7:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the SRH1840 be good for metal and rock + gaming? Last post on 10/13/12 at 7:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best open headphone for rock and metal? Last post on 1/4/14 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Review to come when i have some time. Bottom line is, if you can pick these up on sale, they are a good buy for what they are. They are fairly comfortable, have ample bass which sadly lacks a...
Okay, these are my thoughts after a few hours. I recognize that's it's only been a few hours, but my opinion rarely changes with additional time. Initial Impressions: As has been...
I recently parted with my V-Moda Crossfade M-100 DJ Headphones and decided to move into something new. I had heard a lot about the Sennheiser HD 8 DJ and had a chance to own a pair for a Discount...
To be able to value my review I think it is important to mention some things about my preferences and experience with audio equipment and writing reviews. This is my first review for audio gear and...
Hifiman EF2A Review Overview:This is my first headphone amp review and I'm just going to review the amp section of this headphone amp as the DAC is nothing special, a bit better than most computer...
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 242post #3616 of 649612/1/12 at 4:32am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3617 of 649612/1/12 at 1:23pm
i'm thinking about getting a bryston bha-1 for my lcd2s. I bought a Singlepower MPX 3 tube amp it pairs with the headphones wonderfully, but too smooth, and romantic for my taste. I hope the bryston pairs with my Gungnir well.
does anyone have a amp recommendation that will be engaging for post-rock, indie, ambient? all my research lead me to bryston
Edited by crossjeremiah - 12/1/12 at 1:26pmpost #3618 of 649612/1/12 at 1:37pmpost #3619 of 649612/1/12 at 1:39pmpost #3620 of 649612/1/12 at 1:48pmpost #3621 of 649612/1/12 at 1:51pmpost #3622 of 649612/1/12 at 2:04pmpost #3623 of 649612/3/12 at 12:37ampost #3624 of 649612/3/12 at 9:36ampost #3625 of 649612/3/12 at 9:41am
Yes. One is Rosewood and the other is Bamboopost #3626 of 649612/3/12 at 9:47ampost #3627 of 649612/3/12 at 10:33amQuote:
Thank you defiant00, but are you talking about the sound characteristic or wood color?
tell me something what i dont know
Edited by atistatic - 12/3/12 at 10:35ampost #3628 of 649612/3/12 at 10:39am
There's no sound difference. He's talking about the wood.post #3629 of 649612/3/12 at 10:41ampost #3630 of 649612/3/12 at 10:51am
Well the first big caveat is that with the Bamboo you must never play them near Panda's!! You are just taking your life in your hands at that point. They are cute...........but love bamboo!
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- Headphone Impedance
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › DT770 vs. DT880? 2 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 beta firmware 2.06beta-2.07beta download and discussion: ... 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by DJPhiltheThrill
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Cachicamo
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by kman1211
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by TrollDragon
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kman1211
- › Sennheiser HD 201 Headphones by MarcadoStalker7
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by gopats1479
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by Hi-Fi'er
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)