+1, with some tube's that offer an expansion to soundstaging it can provide to the LCD2 doesn't mean that a tube amp will be inferior to a ss amp in terms of soundstaging qualities.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Who else suffers from very little usable range on the volume knob? Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? Last post on 4/13/15 at 8:07am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Asgard 2 dynamic range compression in high gain mode? Last post on 10/1/14 at 9:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/14/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 242post #3616 of 699412/1/12 at 4:32am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3617 of 699412/1/12 at 1:23pm
i'm thinking about getting a bryston bha-1 for my lcd2s. I bought a Singlepower MPX 3 tube amp it pairs with the headphones wonderfully, but too smooth, and romantic for my taste. I hope the bryston pairs with my Gungnir well.
does anyone have a amp recommendation that will be engaging for post-rock, indie, ambient? all my research lead me to bryston
Edited by crossjeremiah - 12/1/12 at 1:26pmpost #3618 of 699412/1/12 at 1:37pmpost #3619 of 699412/1/12 at 1:39pmpost #3620 of 699412/1/12 at 1:48pmpost #3621 of 699412/1/12 at 1:51pmpost #3622 of 699412/1/12 at 2:04pmpost #3623 of 699412/3/12 at 12:37ampost #3624 of 699412/3/12 at 9:36ampost #3625 of 699412/3/12 at 9:41ampost #3626 of 699412/3/12 at 9:47am
The bamboo is every-so-slightly lighter and supposed to be more durable.post #3627 of 699412/3/12 at 10:33amQuote:
Thank you defiant00, but are you talking about the sound characteristic or wood color?
tell me something what i dont know
Edited by atistatic - 12/3/12 at 10:35ampost #3628 of 699412/3/12 at 10:39am
There's no sound difference. He's talking about the wood.post #3629 of 699412/3/12 at 10:41ampost #3630 of 699412/3/12 at 10:51am
Well the first big caveat is that with the Bamboo you must never play them near Panda's!! You are just taking your life in your hands at that point. They are cute...........but love bamboo!
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Durability of logitech Ultimate ears 600 26 seconds ago
- › THE FIRST REAL HIGH END ..........HP IN THE WORLD!!!! 27 seconds ago
- › Looking to upgrade from a Rega DAC 1 minute ago
- › PONO vs. DX90 vs. N6 1 minute ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3