+1, with some tube's that offer an expansion to soundstaging it can provide to the LCD2 doesn't mean that a tube amp will be inferior to a ss amp in terms of soundstaging qualities.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 7/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Who else suffers from very little usable range on the volume knob? Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? Last post on 3/15/16 at 5:21am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Asgard 2 dynamic range compression in high gain mode? Last post on 10/1/14 at 9:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
The urbanite xl wireless is seemingly targeting the younger audience with its stylish looks,bluetooth connectivity and a bass emphasis.But does this deliver like it is intended to?Let's run through...
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 242post #3616 of 712812/1/12 at 4:32am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3617 of 712812/1/12 at 1:23pm
i'm thinking about getting a bryston bha-1 for my lcd2s. I bought a Singlepower MPX 3 tube amp it pairs with the headphones wonderfully, but too smooth, and romantic for my taste. I hope the bryston pairs with my Gungnir well.
does anyone have a amp recommendation that will be engaging for post-rock, indie, ambient? all my research lead me to bryston
Edited by crossjeremiah - 12/1/12 at 1:26pmpost #3618 of 712812/1/12 at 1:37pmpost #3619 of 712812/1/12 at 1:39pmpost #3620 of 712812/1/12 at 1:48pmpost #3621 of 712812/1/12 at 1:51pmpost #3622 of 712812/1/12 at 2:04pmpost #3623 of 712812/3/12 at 12:37ampost #3624 of 712812/3/12 at 9:36ampost #3625 of 712812/3/12 at 9:41ampost #3626 of 712812/3/12 at 9:47am
The bamboo is every-so-slightly lighter and supposed to be more durable.post #3627 of 712812/3/12 at 10:33amQuote:
Thank you defiant00, but are you talking about the sound characteristic or wood color?
tell me something what i dont know
Edited by atistatic - 12/3/12 at 10:35ampost #3628 of 712812/3/12 at 10:39am
There's no sound difference. He's talking about the wood.post #3629 of 712812/3/12 at 10:41ampost #3630 of 712812/3/12 at 10:51am
Well the first big caveat is that with the Bamboo you must never play them near Panda's!! You are just taking your life in your hands at that point. They are cute...........but love bamboo!
- The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Three Word Story 24 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 1 minute ago
- › Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable 3 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 4 minutes ago
- › B&O H7 Bluetooth Discussion and Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Plussound Audio Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 5 minutes ago
- › DIY Earbuds 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...