Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 218

post #3256 of 6296
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post

Well ok, if you insist bigsmile_face.gif

 

 

Jesus...seriously. I'd like to send you my LCD-2's for a little shine. 

post #3257 of 6296
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

Jesus...seriously. I'd like to send you my LCD-2's for a little shine. 

Haha, I might start a little business up!

 

Bamboozleyourbamboo.com biggrin.gif

post #3258 of 6296
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post

Haha, I might start a little business up!

 

Bamboozleyourbamboo.com biggrin.gif

Time to start a Kickstarter. wink_face.gif

post #3259 of 6296

Funded.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

Time to start a Kickstarter. wink_face.gif

post #3260 of 6296
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

Time to start a Kickstarter. wink_face.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Funded.

 

Fanks! beerchug.gif

post #3261 of 6296
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post

Well ok, if you insist bigsmile_face.gif




LB1 I can't wait to see what you are going to do with your closed back LCDs when you get your hands on them smily_headphones1.gif
post #3262 of 6296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurpapa View Post


LB1 I can't wait to see what you are going to do with your closed back LCDs when you get your hands on them smily_headphones1.gif

biggrin.gif awww man.. One thing's for sure, no one will see me for weeks!

post #3263 of 6296

O your starting up a business?  Cool - how much and what the shipping address.

 

 

 

post #3264 of 6296
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

O your starting up a business?  Cool - how much and what the shipping address.

 

 

 

 biggrin.gif pm me and I'll gladly accept your headphones and money! very_evil_smiley.gif

post #3265 of 6296

WOW............WOW.........LugBug1, those are without a doubt the best looking LCD2's I have ever seen. 

Awesome job on those!!!

 

beerchug.gif

post #3266 of 6296

*drool*

 

Gorgeous, simply gorgeous. Okay, one more last dumb question :P So..is it just as simple as putting a little drop of the wax on the cloth and rubbing it? How much Wax should I use per waxing?

 

I just feel like I nee to be careful with this kind of expensive equipment. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post

Well ok, if you insist bigsmile_face.gif

 

 


Edited by satanigatan - 10/19/12 at 6:09pm
post #3267 of 6296

Here's my graph from my bamboo LCD-2's i ordered on Wednesday.

 

Anyone ever see that 8khz dip before? It doesn't seem consistent with all the other graphs out there. I almost wish I didn't look at it... sigh

 

post #3268 of 6296

Hm, here's mine for comparison:

 

 

 

 

You're right. You also have a tiny dip at 6.5k that I haven't seen before. Mind you, my LCD-2 doesn't really sound like this graph shows anymore...xD

 

Kojaku


Edited by Kojaku - 10/19/12 at 8:43pm
post #3269 of 6296
Quote:
Originally Posted by asmoday View Post

WOW............WOW.........LugBug1, those are without a doubt the best looking LCD2's I have ever seen. 

Awesome job on those!!!

 

beerchug.gif

Wow, thanks asmoday! I'm really flatteredbigsmile_face.gif beerchug.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by satanigatan View Post

*drool*

 

Gorgeous, simply gorgeous. Okay, one more last dumb question :P So..is it just as simple as putting a little drop of the wax on the cloth and rubbing it? How much Wax should I use per waxing?

 

I just feel like I nee to be careful with this kind of expensive equipment. 

Thanks Satanigatan, beerchug.gif

I've took quite a risk doing this as I used a wood stain with wax. Plus it took a long time to get to that colour. I began using a scratch cover (this is a bottle of oil,wax stain) that you can get in any hardware store. About twenty coats later... I applied a little wood dye, mixed with a dab of black paint, this darkened them a little more. Quite an arduous and finicky task removing the cups each time...

 

A quicker way of doing it, but even more risky! Is to sand the varnish of first, then apply a wood dye. Then polish up with pure wax. Obviously I havent done this and wouldn't advise anyne doing it unless they have worked with wood caring before and know what they are doing.  

 

The Bamboo's look gorgeous without colouring, I'm just one of those peeps that likes to customize things.

 

Thanks bigsmile_face.gif

post #3270 of 6296

Could be a measurement artifact. There was discussion a long time ago about how hard it is to measure consistently.

 

Even if real, I doubt this one dip will be noticeable TBH. But if it sounds 'faulty', you will surely be able to get it replaced without a problem. Audez'e service is reputedly terrific.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erukian View Post

Here's my graph from my bamboo LCD-2's i ordered on Wednesday.

 

Anyone ever see that 8khz dip before? It doesn't seem consistent with all the other graphs out there. I almost wish I didn't look at it... sigh

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)