Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) - Page 211

post #3151 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamageInc77 View Post

Trust me, the pads do not get flattened at all with this stand. There is nearly no pressure on them.

I can confirm that this very light, attractive and expensive German import headphone stand does not place undue pressure on LCD-2's ear pads.

 

However, if you have a large head and need to wear your LCD-2.1's fully extended (as I do) the stand is too short for cans like LCD-2.1s which do not have the newer angled connectors. (See photos). The left and right earphone connectors and wire touch and bend on the bottom of the base of stand. I didn't realize the problem until after they arrived. They work reasonably well for my Stax Lambda Pro ear speakers, so I kept them.

 

 

 

 

DSC00408.JPG 924k .JPG file

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC00411.JPG 1,224k .JPG file
Edited by Rizlaw - 10/2/12 at 7:56pm
post #3152 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizlaw View Post

I can confirm that this very light, attractive and expensive German import headphone stand does not place undue pressure on LCD-2's ear pads.

 

However, if you have a large head and need to wear your LCD-2.1's fully extended (as I do) the stand is too short for cans like LCD-2.1s which do not have the newer angled connectors. (See photos). The left and right earphone connectors and wire touch and bend on the bottom of the base of stand. I didn't realize the problem until after they arrived. They work reasonably well for my Stax Lambda Pro ear speakers, so I kept them.

 

 

 

 

DSC00408.JPG 924k .JPG file

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC00411.JPG 1,224k .JPG file

I should have mentioned that in my post. Only the very new LCD-2's with the angled connectors should be used with the Sieveking stand. But it would not be a problem for me anyway, as I remove my cables when the headphones are on the stand.

post #3153 of 6599
Quote:
DamageInc77,
I should have mentioned that in my post. Only the very new LCD-2's with the angled connectors should be used with the Sieveking stand. But it would not be a problem for me anyway, as I remove my cables when the headphones are on the stand.

 

I considered removing the cables. However, reading how many LCD-2.1 owners had issues with cracking rosewood ear cups around the area of the [original] connectors, I decided it was safer to leave them semi-permanently connected (only removed during waxing). To date, mine are crack free and sound absolutely gorgeous through my vintage Fisher X-202-B.

post #3154 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizlaw View Post

 

I considered removing the cables. However, reading how many LCD-2.1 owners had issues with cracking rosewood ear cups around the area of the [original] connectors, I decided it was safer to leave them semi-permanently connected (only removed during waxing). To date, mine are crack free and sound absolutely gorgeous through my vintage Fisher X-202-B.

Would you mind posting a picture of your Fisher amp?

post #3155 of 6599

Sure. Not a great picture. It's wedged between my monitor (right) and W4S DAC-2 (left). It was the heart of my first high end system back when I was a teenager. I had it recently restored; new caps, 7591 power tubes, knobs, bulbs, etc. The restoration cost more than I paid for it new when it first came out.

 


Edited by Rizlaw - 10/3/12 at 10:27am
post #3156 of 6599
Hey guy, really considering getting the lcd 2 but is there a rev higher than 2? Also right now I have the glow audio amp one...would this sound good with the lcd2s? Has anyone tried it?
Lastly does anyone own both the akg q701 and lcd2? I am wondering if I should sell my q701 to pay towards the LCD 2 or keep them
post #3157 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake View Post

Hey guy, really considering getting the lcd 2 but is there a rev higher than 2? Also right now I have the glow audio amp one...would this sound good with the lcd2s? Has anyone tried it?
Lastly does anyone own both the akg q701 and lcd2? I am wondering if I should sell my q701 to pay towards the LCD 2 or keep them

Theres the latest edition of rev2 being sold now, this has the new metal connectors and comes in either Bamboo or Rosewood (longer wait for the Rosewood) sounds the same as the older Rev 2. Same Drivers.

 

I would personally keep your Q701's until you hear the LCD's simply because although they are a superior phone in regards to bass extension, neutrality, definition etc.. they aren't always everyones "cup of tea". Especially if you really like the Q701's signature. The Audeze will sound a lot darker and closed-in in comparison. Having said that I sold my K702's when I got mine wink_face.gif  

post #3158 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake View Post

Hey guy, really considering getting the lcd 2 but is there a rev higher than 2? Also right now I have the glow audio amp one...would this sound good with the lcd2s? Has anyone tried it?
Lastly does anyone own both the akg q701 and lcd2? I am wondering if I should sell my q701 to pay towards the LCD 2 or keep them


Ive owned the similar K701's for 3 years now. Completely different to the LCD-2.

Before selling, you need to listen to the LCD-2 to decide if it sounds right to you.

post #3159 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizlaw View Post

Sure. Not a great picture. It's wedged between my monitor (right) and W4S DAC-2 (left). It was the heart of my first high end system back when I was a teenager. I had it recently restored; new caps, 7591 power tubes, knobs, bulbs, etc. The restoration cost more than I paid for it new when it first came out.

 

Thanks for the photo it's a great looking amp, just like new.  I love the look of components from that era.


Edited by donlin - 10/4/12 at 6:06am
post #3160 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake View Post

Hey guy, really considering getting the lcd 2 but is there a rev higher than 2? Also right now I have the glow audio amp one...would this sound good with the lcd2s? Has anyone tried it?
Lastly does anyone own both the akg q701 and lcd2? I am wondering if I should sell my q701 to pay towards the LCD 2 or keep them

 

 

Keep both man - First off you may not get much for the Qs so keeping them will give you the oppertunity to experence both sound sigs on different tracks.

 

I love my Qs on my M^3 I don't even listen to the LCDs on the M^3 - to much bass. 

 

I think it's worth more to keep both.  but your talking to someone who would not to sell any of his headphones.  Not even my TP-1s

post #3161 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake View Post

Hey guy, really considering getting the lcd 2 but is there a rev higher than 2? Also right now I have the glow audio amp one...would this sound good with the lcd2s? Has anyone tried it?
Lastly does anyone own both the akg q701 and lcd2? I am wondering if I should sell my q701 to pay towards the LCD 2 or keep them

Funny you should ask that, I've got my (sort of) new Q701s on my head right now.  The Q701s have a wider soundstage, but the bass is not nearly as sexy as on the LCD-2s and they don't perform well on tracks that require impact over speed and clarity.  They also sound more artificial and are a lot more fatiguing, but they complement the LCD-2s very well.

post #3162 of 6599

Here's a picture of my stand.

post #3163 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by donlin View Post

Here's a picture of my stand.

I like it, looks really nice and different

post #3164 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post

I like it, looks really nice and different

It's really for holding a roll of toilet paper.

post #3165 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by donlin View Post

It's really for holding a roll of toilet paper.

biggrin.gif well I never!

 

I'm always on the look out for possible headphone stands, I'm gonna look into toilet paper holders from now!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)