Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › "ChiUniFi 5" the Official and Annual Chicago area Headphone Get-together November 12th 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"ChiUniFi 5" the Official and Annual Chicago area Headphone Get-together November 12th 2011  

post #1 of 66
Thread Starter 

1000x500px-LL-855f14fc_10idjwn.jpg

 

For the fifth year..

 

 

Post 1: The event of ChiUniFi

Post 2:  raffle, gear, members

Post 3:          Updates     

 

 

 

Yesterday and Today..

For the Fifth year in a row Chi-Uni-Fi continues to go on and keeps getting better. Everyone in Chicago has helped and has seen this event succeed to the next year.
With the help of our friends (mot, companies) we have raised enough money from raffle tickets to just keep chugging on.

 

 

 

Day / Time:

This year we are going for the 11am to 5pm on the 12th of November. We have the room all day though so if we want we can continue on well past 5pm. Usually people want to make it home early and start taking down the gear at 4:30ish.

 

 

Who can come and what the admission price is:

The same exact rules apply that were posted in the ChiUniFi thread from 2007 . we can fit in about 30-35 people this year, if the list and demand is greater i will go back to the location and see how many more this event can hold. anyone who is attending will need to be on the list so i know how much space, food, panache, etc will be needed. there never is any admission price as there was not in 2007, but again remember this event is paid for by the raffle and so will any future events. anyone who wants to donate to the raffle then pm me or Audio Addict! any company or member of trade who wants to show up pm me or Audio Addict.

 

 

 

Location:

Sheraton Chicago Northbrook

1110 Willow Road
Northbrook, IL 60062

 

 

Description of the Location:

I will update this as we go on. For now I can say we have a private meeting room with our own entrance and exit. The room is called "Willow" and we should have 1300 feet of space with plenty of outlets. There is Parking right in front of our own entrance.

Parking is free and load in and load out of the gear should be easy as can be.

 

 

IMG_0870.JPG

The front entrance, we will not use this way. This picture is so you know you have the right place!

 

 

IMG_0871.JPG

This is the back entrance, this connects directly to our room.

Drive around to the back of the building till you see this!


Edited by bhd812 - 10/4/11 at 5:18am
post #2 of 66
Thread Starter 

This will be updated as time goes on (aiming for every Tuesday mourning starting the 11th)

 

 

Friends that are Helping us..

 

Here is a link To the list of friends and prizes...finally it works!!!

 

 

 

Members attending and gear will be updated as time goes on also.


Edited by bhd812 - 11/11/11 at 1:12pm
post #3 of 66
Thread Starter 

post three updates...

post #4 of 66

very excited to see everyone again.  I'm there.

post #5 of 66

After last year being my first ever Get-Together, you can add me to this years list

 

James

post #6 of 66

Please feel free to join us on Facebook as well.  

 

http://www.facebook.com/groups/114992771884243/

 

I have put all the first 4 ChiUniFi impressions thread in a Discussion forum as well as a few other items before Facebook updated the group to the new format.

 

http://www.facebook.com/board.php?uid=114992771884243

 

 

 

 


Edited by Audio Addict - 10/4/11 at 4:37pm
post #7 of 66
Thread Starter 

Years back whent he first Chi-Uni-Fi happened Head-fi totally crashed like a week or two before the event was to happen. I had a Myspace page set up long before but never really mentioned it out in the forums. Of course the forums were still down at the time of the event and at least a few days after. Funny thing is we all had a great turn out, mostly because people went out on Myspace and even Facebook back then to reach each other and spread the info on the location and time.

 

No i always had a personal rule with Chi-Uni which is I only really talk about it on these forums. Mostly to keep it easy for me having it all in one place and to respect and direct the traffic at Head-Fi. Of course in this day and age (5 years later) social networking sites like Facebook are just there and everyone is pretty much on them but they don't really go on them or use them for info...like the yellow pages, everyone has one but not to many can name the last time they opened one up. So personally i would suggest everyone to like the facebook Chi-Uni-Fi page (and head-fis page) just in case all hell breaks loose and you need some directions or contact info the last second.

 

Steve has been handling the Facebook page and as you can see he already has the friends listed with the donations up there (he fast like that, and i am really slow like that). In the coming weeks this thread on Head-Fi will be the spot to talk about the even and see what gear other members are bringing and what other members are attending. So 5 years later we have two great places to visit, we have the official thread here on Head-fi and we have Facebook.

 

Shows how times have changed in the last 5 years...I am getting old!

 

haha thanks Steve!

post #8 of 66


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhd812 View Post

Years back whent he first Chi-Uni-Fi happened Head-fi totally crashed like a week or two before the event was to happen. I had a Myspace page set up long before but never really mentioned it out in the forums. Of course the forums were still down at the time of the event and at least a few days after. Funny thing is we all had a great turn out, mostly because people went out on Myspace and even Facebook back then to reach each other and spread the info on the location and time.

 

No i always had a personal rule with Chi-Uni which is I only really talk about it on these forums. Mostly to keep it easy for me having it all in one place and to respect and direct the traffic at Head-Fi. Of course in this day and age (5 years later) social networking sites like Facebook are just there and everyone is pretty much on them but they don't really go on them or use them for info...like the yellow pages, everyone has one but not to many can name the last time they opened one up. So personally i would suggest everyone to like the facebook Chi-Uni-Fi page (and head-fis page) just in case all hell breaks loose and you need some directions or contact info the last second.

 

Steve has been handling the Facebook page and as you can see he already has the friends listed with the donations up there (he fast like that, and i am really slow like that). In the coming weeks this thread on Head-Fi will be the spot to talk about the even and see what gear other members are bringing and what other members are attending. So 5 years later we have two great places to visit, we have the official thread here on Head-fi and we have Facebook.

 

Shows how times have changed in the last 5 years...I am getting old!

 

haha thanks Steve!


If you are old, I must be ancient.  

 

Billy is right though, the main thrust is this thread and really where Head-Fiers come to discuss all things.  The ChiUniFi page is just  some more information and visibility as we try to help nonhead-fiers become interested in this hobby.  

 

post #9 of 66

Last year was my first meet too, back for more so put me on the list of attendees! 

post #10 of 66

Definitely interested in going, almost definitely can

 

this'll be my first meet up, hopefully it'll go well!

post #11 of 66

Sounds like fun. I'm a maybe - pending daddy duties, etc. 

post #12 of 66

I'll be there, and will be bringing a friend that has interesting new toys!

post #13 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd R View Post

I'll be there, and will be bringing a friend that has interesting new toys!



Any hints on the new and interesting toys your friend will be bringing to ChiUniFi 5?  Please!!!!!!!  Jude just made some of those clandestine announcments for new product releases at CanJam but at least it is only a week away.  That's where I will be this time next week.

post #14 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Addict View Post

Any hints on the new and interesting toys your friend will be bringing to ChiUniFi 5?  Please!!!!!!!  Jude just made some of those clandestine announcments for new product releases at CanJam but at least it is only a week away.  That's where I will be this time next week.



Hey, I get to go too (1st time). See you there!

As for my friend, you'll just have to wait & see tongue.gif

post #15 of 66

another first-timer last year...count me in for this year!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › "ChiUniFi 5" the Official and Annual Chicago area Headphone Get-together November 12th 2011