New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Earsonics EM4 - Page 2

post #16 of 94

wow, i didn't think they would release another custom so soon! can't wait to hear some impressions:)

post #17 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojomite View Post

wow, i didn't think they would release another custom so soon! can't wait to hear some impressions:)



So soon? I could be wrong but I thought the EM3-pro was getting a little long in the tooth and the release of this EM4 couldnt have been sooner! But thats just me, an admitted unashamedly huge fan of the Sm3 and Earsonics sound. LOL

post #18 of 94

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidVictory View Post

What's wrong with that? Would you consider the EM4 even without any reviews on it? I think it's wise to wait until we have some well written reviews on the EM4 before anyone splurges on it.

 

As should be evident from my review of the SM3s, I just love them and listen to them as often as I can. I have something of a love/hate relationship to their soundstage though. On the “hate side” you could say the sound is pretty much coming in from the left and from the right, but you could also say that they integrate the sound with the brain, which is an amazing experience that I just love. Now, as I said, I had the EM3-PROs on order as they have been described by many as a better version of the SM3s, but changed my mind, and my order, to the EM4s. The reason being I’m thinking that if EarSonics can make an IEM as great as the SM3s and the EM3-PROs, their new high end custom EM4 probably will be spectacular, but undoubtedly not in the same way the SM3s and EM3‑PROs are. Well, I realize I’m taking a risk here, but someone has to be forerunner, and I guess not too long from now we’ll be a couple people who can report our impressions and reactions back. Now, please keep your fingers crossed for the EM4 listening pioneers!

post #19 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero Dynamik View Post

 

 

As should be evident from my review of the SM3s, I just love them and listen to them as often as I can. I have something of a love/hate relationship to their soundstage though. On the “hate side” you could say the sound is pretty much coming in from the left and from the right, but you could also say that they integrate the sound with the brain, which is an amazing experience that I just love. Now, as I said, I had the EM3-PROs on order as they have been described by many as a better version of the SM3s, but changed my mind, and my order, to the EM4s. The reason being I’m thinking that if EarSonics can make an IEM as great as the SM3s and the EM3-PROs, their new high end custom EM4 probably will be spectacular, but undoubtedly not in the same way the SM3s and EM3‑PROs are. Well, I realize I’m taking a risk here, but someone has to be forerunner, and I guess not too long from now we’ll be a couple people who can report our impressions and reactions back. Now, please keep your fingers crossed for the EM4 listening pioneers!


You've got my vote, mate! Happy to know that someone is taking one for the team! biggrin.gif

 

Am definitely looking forward to your impressions of the EM4's once you get them. popcorn.gif

 

 

 

post #20 of 94

Received my EM4's the other day. :)

post #21 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidplmlsn View Post

Received my EM4's the other day. :)

 

Impressions? =)
 

 

post #22 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidplmlsn View Post

Received my EM4's the other day. :)


Sweet, looking forward to impressions.

 

post #23 of 94

I am not really the right person to ask with respect to how well the ear monitors perform as I have no experience with anything other than low-budget sound.

 

I went from Beats By Dre IEMs to the EM4's. Obviously an enormous leap in sound quality

 

ylplf.jpg

 

As you can see I have simply plugged in the EM4s to my iPad 2 playing my music through the Home Sharing option, thus wirelessly having access to my entire music library stored on my laptop. Works perfectly and I don't have to worry about the iPad's storage limitations.

 

All my music is converted from CD's to Apple Lossless.

 

I have been listening to the IEM4's for close to 10 hours total. Everything from Metallica to Nas, Celine Dion, Fugees, Linkin Park, Ozzy Osbourne, Michael Jackson, Hans Zimmer, Red Hot Chili Peppers, John Williams, Disney Soundtracks and so on and so forth.

 

To me the sound stage and the bass is absolutely amazing. Great details which has made it possible for me to "discover" new things in songs I have already been listening to several hundred times. Details I have never been able to hear through the low budget headphones.

 

I get goosebumps everytime I put on a track like "I will always love you" by Whitney Houston or "Smells like teen spirit" by Nirvana. Holy ******* **** that sounds good to me trough the EM4's

 

But then again. I have nothing but my Beats by Dre to compare with. So take my impressions with a grain of salt.

 


Edited by davidplmlsn - 10/24/11 at 2:55am
post #24 of 94

Oh, one last thing. The way the ear monitors fits in the ears is nothing short of amazing.

 

The IEM4's isolate sound just as well as my 200$ ear muffs and are at the same time way more comfortable to wear.

post #25 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidplmlsn View Post

I am not really the right person to ask with respect to how well the ear monitors perform as I have no experience with anything other than low-budget sound.

 

I went from Beats By Dre IEMs to the EM4's. Obviously an enormous leap in sound quality

 

ylplf.jpg

 

As you can see I have simply plugged in the EM4s to my iPad 2 playing my music through the Home Sharing option, thus wirelessly having access to my entire music library stored on my laptop. Works perfectly and I don't have to worry about the iPad's storage limitations.

 

All my music is converted from CD's to Apple Lossless.

 

I have been listening to the IEM4's for close to 10 hours total. Everything from Metallica to Nas, Celine Dion, Fugees, Linkin Park, Ozzy Osbourne, Michael Jackson, Hans Zimmer, Red Hot Chili Peppers, John Williams, Disney Soundtracks and so on and so forth.

 

To me the sound stage and the bass is absolutely amazing. Great details which has made it possible for me to "discover" new things in songs I have already been listening to several hundred times. Details I have never been able to hear through the low budget headphones.

 

I get goosebumps everytime I put on a track like "I will always love you" by Whitney Houston or "Smells like teen spirit" by Nirvana. Holy ******* **** that sounds good to me trough the EM4's

 

But then again. I have nothing but my Beats by Dre to compare with. So take my impressions with a grain of salt.

 

David Plum Olsen

 

Thanks for taking the time to post that, Dave. May not exactly be what some of us are looking for but the effort is appreciated. Can I trouble you for some pics of the Em4s?? biggrin.gif
 

 

post #26 of 94

Heret, I will shoot some pictures later today.

On a side note; I get a lot of background noise (hiss) when playing music through my PC and iPad 2. I assume the source is the issue since the EM4's don't produce background noise on it's own and since all my music is lossless.

 

I don't really notice the hissing when the music is really playing, but at quite segments throughout my tracks i can definitely hear the hissing. Very annoying.

 

How can I get rid of this? Do I need a better source, and if so, which portable source is the best? 


Edited by davidplmlsn - 10/24/11 at 2:51am
post #27 of 94

Ok, so I too got my EM4s! However, after just a couple of hours of listening my brain is so bewildered by its sound signature I really can’t draw any conclusions. Compared to the SM3, the EM4 is a different IEM for sure. The only thing I dare to say at this point (I think…) is that the resolution is phenomenal; every nuance seems to be exposed (I think…). I’m having a cold right now so that too may unfortunately be playing a part in the experience.

 

I’ll try to return with something that (hopefully) will make sense when I’m (my brain is) ready for it. Right now, and for some reason, I suspect that after a couple of hundred hours of listening I will either consider the EM4s a complete failure, or an audio revolution, and right now I’m not leaning towards any of those two possibilities. Stay tuned! blink.gif

post #28 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidplmlsn View Post

Heret, I will shoot some pictures later today.On a side note; I get a lot of background noise (hiss) when playing music through my PC and iPad 2. I assume the source is the issue since the EM4's don't produce background noise on it's own and since all my music is lossless.

 

I don't really notice the hissing when the music is really playing, but at quit segments throughout my tracks i can definitely hear the hissing. Very annoying.

 

How can I get rid of this? Do I need a better source, and if so, which portable source is the best? 


I too hear a static (although ever so slight) when connected to my portable amp (TTVJ Slim) and directly to my iPod Touch (4th generation). However, it’s so very slight it doesn’t bother me at all once I start playing some music (even at very low volumes). This is unlike the SM3s which are dead silent with the TTVJ slim and the iPod Touch. I haven’t connected the EM4s to my laptop, and probably never will as I’m sure it would be “hissing inferno”. Don’t know about the iPad, but shouldn’t it be at least as good as the iPod Touch?


I guess the static is some price to pay for some of the EM4’s sonic features, such as perhaps its resolution!?


As I said, to me it is so slight it doesn’t bother me at all, but yes, it is there.

 

Oh, make sure your iPad isn't connected to it's battery charger!?

 

post #29 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidplmlsn View Post

Heret, I will shoot some pictures later today.On a side note; I get a lot of background noise (hiss) when playing music through my PC and iPad 2. I assume the source is the issue since the EM4's don't produce background noise on it's own and since all my music is lossless.

 

I don't really notice the hissing when the music is really playing, but at quite segments throughout my tracks i can definitely hear the hissing. Very annoying.

 

How can I get rid of this? Do I need a better source, and if so, which portable source is the best? 


Awesome, cant wait! Re the noise, that's par for the course with most sensitive IEMs and I bet those babies are sensitive. The hiss is coming from the source IINM and the only way to get rid of it is to use a source which has lower noise floor (not sure which is best for that) or put an amp in between. I'm surprised the EM4s hiss so much as the SM3s hardly hiss much. But then again, they are 2 different beasts.

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero Dynamik View Post

Ok, so I too got my EM4s! However, after just a couple of hours of listening my brain is so bewildered by its sound signature I really can’t draw any conclusions. Compared to the SM3, the EM4 is a different IEM for sure. The only thing I dare to say at this point (I think…) is that the resolution is phenomenal; every nuance seems to be exposed (I think…). I’m having a cold right now so that too may unfortunately be playing a part in the experience.

 

I’ll try to return with something that (hopefully) will make sense when I’m (my brain is) ready for it. Right now, and for some reason, I suspect that after a couple of hundred hours of listening I will either consider the EM4s a complete failure, or an audio revolution, and right now I’m not leaning towards any of those two possibilities. Stay tuned! blink.gif


*sitting patiently in anticipation* popcorn.gif

 

post #30 of 94

Are you drinking tea and lemon ?

popcorn.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: