New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Android-fi! - Page 31

post #451 of 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFungus View Post

I honestly don't notice too much of a difference in battery power when I had it in auto compared to max.
well, the skyrocket had a VERY inefficient screen... I'll keep the S4 on max unless I know I won't charge for a while (on campout).
post #452 of 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post


well, the skyrocket had a VERY inefficient screen... I'll keep the S4 on max unless I know I won't charge for a while (on campout).

Is the S4 really that much better than the S3?

post #453 of 832
Never had the S3,but the S4 is great, real big step up from the galaxy s2 Skyrocket!
post #454 of 832
I switched from apple for aptx lol - i know the s4 has it too but those phablets too big for me >.<<br />
I would def put out top $$ for a perfect DAC/Amp phone tho *_*
post #455 of 832

The HTC One is a brilliant phone.

post #456 of 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalb View Post

The HTC One is a brilliant phone.
Looks like a really nice phone for sure. Really nice screen, fast and looks like a piece of art. Im a samsung fan though. The S4 looks like it has more features plus the removable battery.
post #457 of 832
Yes I looked at the Samsung too. But Telstra (the major telco here in Australia) offer a 24 month warranty on the phone including the battery. Also I saw most of the Samsung features as gimicky and bloat. The Samsung ran with noticeable lag when I tried it. Also the screen really isn't great, terrible under direct light and can't show whites well. Lastly I know it has expandable storage but the 16gb only comes with about 7gb of actual usable memory. Seeing as apps can only be stored on internal memory and not the sd card and that I download a lot of music to my spotify app that wouldve been an issue. Sorry if that all came across as too critical or aggressive I just spent a while thinking about the phone and wanted to get a bit of that out there.
post #458 of 832

Small correction ~9GB of internal storage free on the S4, 2GB makes a wee bit of difference, although still insufficient and a misstep from Samsung not releasing it as 32GB in the base model. I wouldn't recommend an S4 unless you get the 32GB model myself. That said, users with SD cards who don't play storage intensive games will find even the 16GB model sufficient.


Edited by NZtechfreak - 5/16/13 at 4:50pm
post #459 of 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalb View Post

Yes I looked at the Samsung too. But Telstra (the major telco here in Australia) offer a 24 month warranty on the phone including the battery. Also I saw most of the Samsung features as gimicky and bloat. The Samsung ran with noticeable lag when I tried it. Also the screen really isn't great, terrible under direct light and can't show whites well. Lastly I know it has expandable storage but the 16gb only comes with about 7gb of actual usable memory. Seeing as apps can only be stored on internal memory and not the sd card and that I download a lot of music to my spotify app that wouldve been an issue. Sorry if that all came across as too critical or aggressive I just spent a while thinking about the phone and wanted to get a bit of that out there.
Ya I notice lag with my Note 2...and the poor screen quality in sunlight.
post #460 of 832

Does anyone else here use their phone with a USB DAC? Both my Galaxy SIII and ASUS Transformer Prime can output audio over USB. I'm curious to see how many other people use this feature. It's great in my opinion. I get the same audio quality on my phone/tablet that I get on my computer. I've read that not very many people are able to get it working properly. I use it on Android 4.2.2 RootBox ROM (AOKP/Cyanogenmod/Paranoid Android).

post #461 of 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman5293 View Post

Does anyone else here use their phone with a USB DAC? Both my Galaxy SIII and ASUS Transformer Prime can output audio over USB. I'm curious to see how many other people use this feature. It's great in my opinion. I get the same audio quality on my phone/tablet that I get on my computer. I've read that not very many people are able to get it working properly. I use it on Android 4.2.2 RootBox ROM (AOKP/Cyanogenmod/Paranoid Android).

 

Check the Android USB audio thread in the Portable Sources forum, lots of us doing that.

post #462 of 832
S4 supports USB recording and output. wink.gif
post #463 of 832

Finally got my Nexus 4 setup how I want with PACman 22 ROM on T-Mo's $30 "unlimited" plan.  I paid $23 for $30 refill cards on eBay.

 

Hard to beat $23/mo for fast data and no contract.

 

That way I can grab the "Nexus 5" or whatever they call it, when it comes out and flip my old Nexus 4 for $200+ on eBay :p

post #464 of 832
htc one s + cm10.1 + poweramp + lossless(flac) + sr60i
Edited by rolph - 6/2/13 at 9:19am
post #465 of 832
I got my galaxy S3 a couple weeks ago but the audio quality is terrible. Whenever I play music I hear random noise, its never clear. Especially apparent in lower volumes.

Is something wrong with mine or do all S3s suffer this?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home