New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Android-fi! - Page 23

post #331 of 825
Thread Starter 
I updated my Galaxy nexus to 4.2.1 the other night... It's awesome.. biggrin.gif
post #332 of 825

i'mma still looking for something to replace my hd2 with, seeing as there's lots of you guys with multiple phones makes me wonder - anyone willing to part with one? :p
Posted a thread up in the source component trade section (And my profile) if anyone's interested.

Other than that, anyone played super hexagon for android yet? really damn addictive is what that is. 


Edited by Keller1 - 2/2/13 at 4:36pm
post #333 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller1 View Post



Other than that, anyone played super hexagon for android yet? really damn addictive is what that is. 

 

Too busy playing GTA III with a PS3 controller on the Nexus 7 to try Super Hexagon :P

post #334 of 825

Fiancee and I both dropped out phones at the same time, totally by accident, to the hard wood floors. My Nexus 4 doesn't have a scratch on it, but her GSIII screen broke in three different places and the digitizer was also toast. $200 repair, yep yep.

post #335 of 825
How?!? At the same time? confused.gif
post #336 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjames View Post

Fiancee and I both dropped out phones at the same time, totally by accident, to the hard wood floors. My Nexus 4 doesn't have a scratch on it, but her GSIII screen broke in three different places and the digitizer was also toast. $200 repair, yep yep.

 

For the record, a screen + digitizer is easy to repair and costs about $9-12 for the parts and tools if you do it yourself.

 

Check iFixit before you pay ANYONE to repair ANYTHING electronic.  

post #337 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by tool462 View Post

 

For the record, a screen + digitizer is easy to repair and costs about $9-12 for the parts and tools if you do it yourself.

 

Check iFixit before you pay ANYONE to repair ANYTHING electronic.  

No way. I can't do it. I have no ability with things like that. Too small, too precise, not for me. 

post #338 of 825

i've had my galaxy s2 fly out of my jacket pocket while i was biking (i was doing a 180 on my mountain bike so my phone literally flew out of my pocket) and hit the pavement before. thought my phone was done for and picked it up expecting a shattered screen but it only suffered a couple scratches and a dent. pretty amazed that my phone even survived that. just updated to 4.1.2, pretty fast and smooth.

post #339 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

How?!? At the same time? confused.gif

To my eternal shame, she dropped hers, I laughed at her, and then dropped mine.

 

Also, to everybody in this thread, I'm starting a mobile app/game review/editorial website and I'm looking for passionate, interested people to potentially write for me and help manage. Being up front about it: no pay in the beginning, but I'm treating it like an actual, factual business and if ad buys become a real thing then it becoming an actual employed position is a huge possibility!

 

Just thought I'd ask here. If I can muster up a tiny fraction of obsession with mobile apps/games that the users of Head-Fi have for headphones (myself included, obviously), I'd be doing well :]

post #340 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjames View Post

To my eternal shame, she dropped hers, I laughed at her, and then dropped mine.

Also, to everybody in this thread, I'm starting a mobile app/game review/editorial website and I'm looking for passionate, interested people to potentially write for me and help manage. Being up front about it: no pay in the beginning, but I'm treating it like an actual, factual business and if ad buys become a real thing then it becoming an actual employed position is a huge possibility!

Just thought I'd ask here. If I can muster up a tiny fraction of obsession with mobile apps/games that the users of Head-Fi have for headphones (myself included, obviously), I'd be doing well :]
I might be interested in doing this with my free time... wink.gif
post #341 of 825

One aspect that could definitely tie into our obsessions are things like mobile media players, equalizers, and even best games to play with headphones, etc etc. Just one aspect of the site.

 

For the record, the site will be called "Bustin' Apps" at bustinapps.com

post #342 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjames View Post

One aspect that could definitely tie into our obsessions are things like mobile media players, equalizers, and even best games to play with headphones, etc etc. Just one aspect of the site.

For the record, the site will be called "Bustin' Apps" at bustinapps.com
Seems fun... I'll wipe my phone first... maybe benchmarking different roms as well? wink.gif
post #343 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post


Seems fun... I'll wipe my phone first... maybe benchmarking different roms as well? wink.gif

Definitely benchmarking with some of the top phones with the top games and such is an awesome idea. Anyway, if you're really serious shoot me a PM (same for everyone). The more, the merrier. I'm hoping to launch the site by the end of February and I'm in the process of building it with my staff (currently around eight people) right now.

post #344 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjames View Post

Fiancee and I both dropped out phones at the same time, totally by accident, to the hard wood floors. My Nexus 4 doesn't have a scratch on it, but her GSIII screen broke in three different places and the digitizer was also toast. $200 repair, yep yep.

 

Total luck of the draw, depends how they strike the surface. Nexus 4 isn't particularly more durable at all, possibly the opposite in fact with the glass in its construction - numerous stories of it shattering are out there too...


Edited by NZtechfreak - 2/11/13 at 12:30am
post #345 of 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post

 

Total luck of the draw, depends how they strike the surface. Nexus 4 isn't particularly more durable at all, possibly the opposite in fact with the glass in its construction - numerous stories of it shattering are out there too...

I disagree. While the glass back is prone to cracking and breaking - it wasn't the smartest design choice - the Nexus 4 overall is a much sturdier phone than the GSIII. Samsung is my favorite electronics company, but they make their phones out of cheap material and whereas I can drop mine and crack my back over and over, a GSIII can be absolutely done for without much force at all.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home