New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Android-fi! - Page 12

post #166 of 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller1 View Post

It's cyanogen mod 10, which is a custom rom of jellybean. There's a release for the n7000, which is the model of the galaxy note. But since you havent rooted and arent very knowledgeable you should probably keep away since with the note you can screw up your device fairly easily. Official jellybean is going to take an extremely long while though.

Also what music players do you guys use? Currently im using ubermusic.
I see. Thank you.
I might give it a go only if that would make it support USB Audio (on e.g. the new FiiO device made for Android specifically). Otherwise I'll just stick with good 'ol ICS since it's safer that way.

Poweramp.

I've tried some other free and paid ones, but for some odd reason Poweramp is the only one that doesn't randomly shows my album art as graphical glitches. It was a very weird issue, and maybe it's not even present anymore. However, I simply like Poweramp enough to make it a keeper. I've paid for it after all tongue.gif
Edited by Tilpo - 8/9/12 at 11:50am
post #167 of 828

I've got an HTC Sensation running CM9 nightly, waiting for a stable CM10.

Also purchased an Anker battery (1900 mAh) and a 16GB Class 10 MicroSDHC card.

Unfortunately my screen is pretty cracked an my SD card holder stopped working a week ago, as soon as I pop it in it pops right back out.

Good thing I got insurance.

I've got it for over a year now and I have to say I'm still really happy with it. It's a really good and fast phone thanks to the dual core. With previous phones I used to get bored after 6 months of using it but with this it's still an amazing phone.

Looking forward to the next year, after that I'll get myself a quad core, or something better.

post #168 of 828

Didn't know there was an Android thread on Head-Fi until now. >_<

 

Currently using a Samsung GS2 (SGH-T989) running CM9 nightly w/ Darkside Venom Aroma 06 kernal. Pretty solid and stable so far, enjoying CM9 over the OTA ICS update with touchwiz.

 

Waiting for my GS3 to arrive in the mail, pretty excited to upgrade.

post #169 of 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicPie View Post

Didn't know there was an Android thread on Head-Fi until now. >_<

 

Currently using a Samsung GS2 (SGH-T989) running CM9 nightly w/ Darkside Venom Aroma 06 kernal. Pretty solid and stable so far, enjoying CM9 over the OTA ICS update with touchwiz.

 

Waiting for my GS3 to arrive in the mail, pretty excited to upgrade.

 

Awesome to know, since the S3 comes with a kick-ass Wolfson DAC. I was a bit miffed when the S2's DAC turned out to be really inferior to the one in the i9000 (which is why I'm still using mine, haha), but I'm really tempted to get an S3 now XD

 

Speaking of, you being an S2 owner and a Head-Fi'er, is the SQ on the S2 really all that bad? I'm just going on what a lot of people have been spreading around the forums, meaning I've never had the chance to try an i9100 out for myself.

 

Cheers!

post #170 of 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetsuBozu0012 View Post

 

Awesome to know, since the S3 comes with a kick-ass Wolfson DAC. I was a bit miffed when the S2's DAC turned out to be really inferior to the one in the i9000 (which is why I'm still using mine, haha), but I'm really tempted to get an S3 now XD

 

Speaking of, you being an S2 owner and a Head-Fi'er, is the SQ on the S2 really all that bad? I'm just going on what a lot of people have been spreading around the forums, meaning I've never had the chance to try an i9100 out for myself.

 

Cheers!

Mostly sound flat, there's no warmth to the output of the sound but overall it's not bad and it still powers my fairly high impedance headphones. I use my Beyer DT990 250ohm cans with my S2 and I don't have any problems with them sounding to quiet, if I want an extra boost of sound I just turn up the preamp to the max in Power Amp. :P

post #171 of 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicPie View Post

Mostly sound flat, there's no warmth to the output of the sound but overall it's not bad and it still powers my fairly high impedance headphones. I use my Beyer DT990 250ohm cans with my S2 and I don't have any problems with them sounding to quiet, if I want an extra boost of sound I just turn up the preamp to the max in Power Amp. :P

 

Hmm, wonder if my i9000 can power high-impedance cans that well? I could maybe borrow the demo K701 at the Harman-Kardon shop... nah, that'd be too embarrassing to audition without a proper amp. I know the guy there, and he's a hardcore audiophile; it'd suck if his opinion of me went down by trying out those monsters right out of my phone (yeah, I drop by fairly often to check out new stuff and ask for advice before buying stuff) XD

 

So it's like the Cirrus chip in the newer iPods? I mean, detailed, clinical, and *sorry* slightly boring?

post #172 of 828
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetsuBozu0012 View Post

Hmm, wonder if my i9000 can power high-impedance cans that well? I could maybe borrow the demo K701 at the Harman-Kardon shop... nah, that'd be too embarrassing to audition without a proper amp. I know the guy there, and he's a hardcore audiophile; it'd suck if his opinion of me went down by trying out those monsters right out of my phone (yeah, I drop by fairly often to check out new stuff and ask for advice before buying stuff) XD

So it's like the Cirrus chip in the newer iPods? I mean, detailed, clinical, and *sorry* slightly boring?
I highly doubt it will be able to power 701s. They will sound absolutely horrible.
I'm not sure what dac it uses but it shouldn't be that bad. IMHO you should focus on a transparent source/amp and colored headphones or vice/versa. But the 701s are definitely an analytical and "sterile" can IMO.
post #173 of 828

Yay found an Android thread! I own the Original HTC Droid Incredible, still works like a charm! But lately it's been getting sluggish...I wanted to root it, but I updated to 2.3, which patched the exploit used to root it >.> and I just don't feel like jumping through the hoops to downgrade back to 2.2 to root. *Sigh* oh well, less than a year before my upgrade comes, I want whatever the next Nexus is!

 

Also, anybody know what DAC is in the OG Droid Incredible? I'm pretty curious.

post #174 of 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


I highly doubt it will be able to power 701s. They will sound absolutely horrible.
I'm not sure what dac it uses but it shouldn't be that bad. IMHO you should focus on a transparent source/amp and colored headphones or vice/versa. But the 701s are definitely an analytical and "sterile" can IMO.

 

So would that mean that they pair well with coloured amplifiers? From what I recall, tube amps aren't the most neutral, which I suppose is the reason why the K701s usually get paired with them?

 

What cans in the same price range would you say had the 701's level of detail and soundstaging? Of course, they'd have to be something full-sounding and warm; those have been my preferences of late.


Off topic, sorry :))

post #175 of 828

Htc Incredible S running ICS

 

16gig SD.

post #176 of 828
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetsuBozu0012 View Post

So would that mean that they pair well with coloured amplifiers? From what I recall, tube amps aren't the most neutral, which I suppose is the reason why the K701s usually get paired with them?

What cans in the same price range would you say had the 701's level of detail and soundstaging? Of course, they'd have to be something full-sounding and warm; those have been my preferences of late.


Off topic, sorry smily_headphones1.gif)
Hmm, maybe you could try the hd598? Ive heard good things about it, and it will for sure be easier to drive.

On topic: Get jelly bean if you haven't yet!
Even if the cm10 beta for your device is crap, it's still most likely better than ics.
It's so damn smooth!
post #177 of 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Hmm, maybe you could try the hd598? Ive heard good things about it, and it will for sure be easier to drive.
On topic: Get jelly bean if you haven't yet!
Even if the cm10 beta for your device is crap, it's still most likely better than ics.
It's so damn smooth!

Off topic: I may get the 701s. Sorry, AKG's sound sig is just my type. Call me a fan boy if you will, since it's probably true XD
On topic: Too many features are unstable, like mobile data (which I'm using right now); ICS is good enough for now, at least until a stable CM10 ROM gets released.

P.S.
This being Head-Fi, I almost mixed up the Off/On topics LOL
post #178 of 828
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetsuBozu0012 View Post

Off topic: I may get the 701s. Sorry, AKG's sound sig is just my type. Call me a fan boy if you will, since it's probably true XD
On topic: Too many features are unstable, like mobile data (which I'm using right now); ICS is good enough for now, at least until a stable CM10 ROM gets released.
P.S.
This being Head-Fi, I almost mixed up the Off/On topics LOL
Lol!
I might pick the q701s up again In a while to refresh myself With their sig, I dunno...
Anyway, that sucks about cm10. That's why I like my nexus biggrin.gif
Ps. I got to talk to a google employee about android today! It was awesome!
post #179 of 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


Lol!
I might pick the q701s up again In a while to refresh myself With their sig, I dunno...
Anyway, that sucks about cm10. That's why I like my nexus biggrin.gif
Ps. I got to talk to a google employee about android today! It was awesome!

 

Actually, the fact that the Q series has better bass really makes me want to get them instead of the Ks, but I'm more of an Akiyama Mio fan than a Quincy Jones one ;)
Props to you if you get the reference to K-On :))

Nexus... Nexus S or Galaxy Nexus? Speaking of, I used to think of getting a GN instead of an SIII, mostly because I'm not that into TouchWiz. The fact that the SIII has way better specs is somewhat irrelevant, since even my old i9000 is powerful enough for most my needs. Though now I'm leaning towards the SIII because I found out that it's using a Wolfson DAC XD

 

Awesome! So, how'd the chat go?

post #180 of 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetsuBozu0012 View Post

Actually, the fact that the Q series has better bass really makes me want to get them instead of the Ks, but I'm more of an Akiyama Mio fan than a Quincy Jones one wink.gif

Props to you if you get the reference to K-On smily_headphones1.gif)


Nexus... Nexus S or Galaxy Nexus? Speaking of, I used to think of getting a GN instead of an SIII, mostly because I'm not that into TouchWiz. The fact that the SIII has way better specs is somewhat irrelevant, since even my old i9000 is powerful enough for most my needs. Though now I'm leaning towards the SIII because I found out that it's using a Wolfson DAC XD

Awesome! So, how'd the chat go?

Akiyama Mio?

Who's that? rolleyes.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home