^ Yeah since you don't have any high-res files to play like 24b/192k, usb on V800 is enough. Like John-Project86 said, having a decent spdif transporter is an optional addon, and for trying 24b/192k via usb (the Tenor chip accepts up to 96k). 25ps after elimination/reclocking process is "world class", and having a "so so" transporter like M2tech Hiface (50ps) is not necessary. Trying to get a single digit one like audiophilleo 1 with pure power is 'over kill' for V800 imho. Of course if you're seeking the best, it's absolutely worth getting, but I'd rather invest those money on a better DAC first
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Audio-gd Reference 7.1 vs Violectric v800 Last post on 9/4/12 at 7:38am in Dedicated Source Components
- New iMac, Neuman KH 120, AKG K702 & $2 000 for a DAC and Amp? Last post on 7/21/12 at 3:06am in Dedicated Source Components
- Warm, musical vs cold, analytical DACs Last post on 11/18/13 at 5:14am in Dedicated Source Components
- Audio-gd Ref 7.1 or Bryston BDA-1 Last post on 6/29/12 at 8:22pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Buying a complete set of audio stuff, I need some advice as I'm stuck. Last post on 6/27/12 at 1:20am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/30/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
1) Initial Impression The silver cable is very well made, a great product from Singapore. The sleeves feel very smooth with no rubbery texture. The audio jack and the Y splitter is the standard...
Introduction – Although they are the highest terms of numbering, the R2000DB still occupy the second highest performance bracket just below the S1000DB. With a considerably increased asking price,...
Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Yamaha UK for the sample. Full review...
Specification Ø Digital Input ：USB, Coaxial, PCM 44.1K-192K/16-24bit Ø DAC Chip ：WM8740 Ø Digital Output：Standard Coaxial Ø USB input required OS：Win...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out Meze's entry level product, the 11 Neo. Morpheus would be so proud. While they've been around for a while now Meze really found their stride...
Review: Violectric V800 DAC - Page 35
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #512 of 7727/11/13 at 8:03am
Violectric will be coming out with 24/192 USB for the V800 any time now.For existing owners it will be an easy upgrade replacing the PCB.I got this info from Freid on 5/23 and at the time he said they were 6 weeks away.post #513 of 7727/11/13 at 8:38ampost #514 of 7727/11/13 at 8:38amQuote:
I wish I'd hung fire a few weeks lolpost #515 of 7727/11/13 at 1:50pmpost #516 of 7727/16/13 at 7:25ampost #517 of 7727/16/13 at 7:30ampost #518 of 7727/16/13 at 7:39ampost #519 of 7727/19/13 at 11:40am
I cannot share headfonia experiences, too. Ok, I'm quite limited in experience, but those items I had and were reviewed by headfonia did't match my experience at all (HD 800, Yulong U100, V800, V200, Asus Essence One, Asus Essence ST).
My advice is to listen by yourself.post #520 of 7727/19/13 at 2:40pmpost #521 of 7727/22/13 at 5:51amA lot of the stuff you read on Headfonia seems to be at odds with the general consensus. A lot of that is probably down to the fact that they have experience with the equipment they're writing about whereas a lot of the stuff you read on here is just people parroting what other people have said. I don't agree with everything I read on Headfonia. Sometimes I think their determination to sound impartial has the opposite effect and comes across as biased. Head-Fi is full of nonsense but there are lots of knowledgeable people like Project86 who clearly know their stuff.post #522 of 7727/24/13 at 2:55pm^ well put
In a statistical sense there's something to be said for consensus, except as you say it often is parroting. It starts with "I read" or "I heard that" and at some point the qualifier is omitted. It then sounds like someone's reporting their own experience. Not a useful contribution to the sum of listening knowledge.post #523 of 7727/24/13 at 4:21pmI remember reading about something called the "reverse insertion technique" in an IEM thread. Somebody in that thread was writing about the benefits to be gained by taking some in ear monitors and sticking them in your ears the wrong way round. I think he said it opened up the soundstage or something. Since coming across that, I've learned not to take everything I read on Head-Fi too seriously. That's not to discount the opinions of people who do know what they're talking about - of which there are plenty.post #524 of 7727/24/13 at 11:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tony1110
I remember reading about something called the "reverse insertion technique" in an IEM thread. Somebody in that thread was writing about the benefits to be gained by taking some in ear monitors and sticking them in your ears the wrong way round. I think he said it opened up the soundstage or something. Since coming across that, I've learned not to take everything I read on Head-Fi too seriously. That's not to discount the opinions of people who do know what they're talking about - of which there are plenty.
Just like my sig says.
Unfortunately the number of people who don't know what they're talking about and just copy what they read is bigger. (
It takes a while to find the posters you can "trust" but there are some really good guys here too.post #525 of 7727/25/13 at 1:55amQuote:
Even more unfortunate is the fact that opportunistic manufacturers cater for those who are easily convinced by such talk. If enough people on head-fi are led to believe in a particular solution, you can bet your house on it that within a month or two a commercially available product appears on a website via an innocent looking link in a thread on the forum. Never fails to amaze me.
- Review: Violectric V800 DAC
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 23 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-1000 V1 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › New Inear Prophile-8 4 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 4 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear