- 2,490 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Location: UK
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Audio-gd Reference 7.1 vs Violectric v800 Last post on 9/4/12 at 7:38am in Dedicated Source Components
- New iMac, Neuman KH 120, AKG K702 & $2 000 for a DAC and Amp? Last post on 7/21/12 at 3:06am in Dedicated Source Components
- Warm, musical vs cold, analytical DACs Last post on 11/18/13 at 5:14am in Dedicated Source Components
- Audio-gd Ref 7.1 or Bryston BDA-1 Last post on 6/29/12 at 8:22pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Buying a complete set of audio stuff, I need some advice as I'm stuck. Last post on 6/27/12 at 1:20am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
I am by no means an audiophile nor do I call myself one. My experience with quality audio products is very limited and so is my vocabulary on this topic. That being said I took a pair of these...
Full review can be found at: https://www.samma3a.com/tech/en/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-high-res-player-review/ Rating The NO BULL rating system is designed to take as many aspects of the device into...
I've had a short history with headphones. My first pair of good headphones were the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. I will mostly be comparing these two. These headphones are much more better looking,...
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
Review: Violectric V800 DAC - Page 32post #466 of 7726/28/13 at 5:06amI've just purchased the V800 and am looking around for a V200 secondhand. I plan to buy the LCD-2 or the HE-500 soon and intend make use of the balanced functions the amp and DAC provide. Obviously I'll need a proper balanced cable for the headphones and some XLR interconnect cables. Is it really as complex as some of the comments on here make it sound? If so, I'm anticipating problems
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #467 of 7726/28/13 at 5:10ampost #468 of 7726/28/13 at 5:21ampost #469 of 7726/28/13 at 6:09ampost #470 of 7726/28/13 at 6:19ampost #471 of 7726/28/13 at 7:30amQuote:
Excellent question.post #472 of 7726/28/13 at 8:28amWell I'm stumped. I thought an amp and DAC connected via balanced cables could only be used in conjunction with a balanced headphone. I'm sure somebody will chime in with the answer in due course.post #473 of 7726/28/13 at 8:41am
I'm pretty sure this question has been addressed somewhere in either this V800 thread or the V200 thread. There is a difference in output between balanced and unbalanced on the V800, I believe, but indeed I'm really not sure what sonic benefit there can be when there's no balanced output on the V200. But at the end of the day I don't really care - I ran mine balanced cause it looks really cool with the fat cables and plugs. :)post #474 of 7726/28/13 at 10:07ampost #475 of 7726/28/13 at 12:54pmThe benefit would be the same as with pro studios, for which balanced cabling seems a necessity. If there is a long cable run between V800 and 200, it reduces or eliminates external emf interference.post #476 of 7726/28/13 at 2:42pmpost #477 of 7726/28/13 at 9:54pmThe v800/200 is an unbalanced setup. But it does allow you to connect a second amp to the 800. And it opens up extra options when using the 800 or the 200 with other equipment. It's a great stack if you want unbalanced.
If you want balanced headphones look elsewhere.post #478 of 7726/29/13 at 1:38amQuote:
Cause Violectric is a division of Lake People who is aimed to professional sectors (broadcast , studio etc etc) , even if violectric is more oriented to "audiophile" they still have a "pro" approach => where XLR is standard , more suited to long distance etcpost #479 of 7726/29/13 at 1:41am
- Review: Violectric V800 DAC
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 24 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 41 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 52 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 2 minutes ago
- › iCAN Amp Review: A New Amp that Gives You More: More Bass, More... 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by jasonwdonnelly
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by JonnyA
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by TheoS53
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear