Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Review: Violectric V800 DAC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review: Violectric V800 DAC - Page 20

post #286 of 688

BANG----V800  BANG----V200
 

post #287 of 688
Put some gun restrictions on this guy... Lol
post #288 of 688
Put some gun restrictions on this guy... Lol
post #289 of 688
Thanks John for yet another excellent review!

This dac seems to not garner as much hype attention as some other companies. Personally, I hadn't given Violectric much of a look before this month. Now I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a 800/200 combo ... and my disposable income is looking accusingly in your direction.
post #290 of 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudu View Post

Thanks John for yet another excellent review!

This dac seems to not garner as much hype attention as some other companies. Personally, I hadn't given Violectric much of a look before this month. Now I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a 800/200 combo ... and my disposable income is looking accusingly in your direction.

 

I think the Violectric V800 does not garner much interest, besides Hong Kong, as it is hard to audition plus upon audition it doesn't shout at you and say, listen to all my digital artifacts and hear how exciting I sound. 

 

It is a DAC that just sounds correct and has the long lasting appeal once it is in you system. 

 

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine!!


Edited by spkrs01 - 1/19/13 at 2:42am
post #291 of 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcullinan View Post

Put some gun restrictions on this guy... Lol


indeed (lol)

 

awaiting delivery next week, from Germany,

and i found that customers support in Germany is really top, really makes it even more worth the investment.

 

got my ears excited!

camera ready!

post #292 of 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post

I think the Violectric V800 does not garner much interest, besides Hong Kong, as it is hard to audition plus upon audition it doesn't shout at you and say, listen to all my digital artifacts and hear how exciting I sound. 

It is a DAC that just sounds correct and has the long lasting appeal once it is in you system. 

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine!!


Cheers Spkrs. That sounds exactly what I want from a DAC. My only very slight hesitation is with respect to the 88.2 limitation. A few of my favourite albums are 88.2. I would normally be using optical but if my desktop pc ever dies I think USB is the only option on my laptop at the moment.

Not a big concern I guess.
post #293 of 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudu View Post


Cheers Spkrs. That sounds exactly what I want from a DAC. My only very slight hesitation is with respect to the 88.2 limitation. A few of my favourite albums are 88.2. I would normally be using optical but if my desktop pc ever dies I think USB is the only option on my laptop at the moment.

Not a big concern I guess.

 

Thanks Pudu :)

 

I actually use the Hiface2 and have no limitations. 

post #294 of 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post

...I actually use the Hiface2 and have no limitations. 

Oh, you wanna be like that, huh.

biggrin.gif

Okay, I'll keep that option in mind too.
post #295 of 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudu View Post


Cheers Spkrs. That sounds exactly what I want from a DAC. My only very slight hesitation is with respect to the 88.2 limitation. A few of my favourite albums are 88.2. I would normally be using optical but if my desktop pc ever dies I think USB is the only option on my laptop at the moment.

Not a big concern I guess.

 

laptops tend to have a digital out capability (S/PDIF) from the headphone jack, did u check that

post #296 of 688
I did, but as far as I could determine mine does not frown.gif .

That's okay, I have a 7 year old macbook which does have that capability which I can fall back on should the need arise. Thanks for the suggestion. I look forwards to your impression of the V-Duo. What cans are you feeding these into?
post #297 of 688

as far as i know i'll be the first to bring the combo, v800 v200, or any of those two, among the loca head-fiers (Trieste in 2 weeks and Zagreb afterward), hope to arouse some interest and eventually lure them to bring as much gear as possible to audition, new to headgear, i must admit that i'm more of a listening room-fier, although starting to appreciate spending more and more into headgear

 

if anyone from those locations would like to audition, pm me

post #298 of 688

Do anyone rolled the opamps in  V800?? it needs 10!!!! is it need to change ALL in the same time???

post #299 of 688
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwine View Post

Do anyone rolled the opamps in  V800?? it needs 10!!!! is it need to change ALL in the same time???

 

Not that I recall. I did in my V200 (with LT1381 opamps) and it didn't make any difference whatsoever. So I didn't bother with the V800.

post #300 of 688

The Dream Team:

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Review: Violectric V800 DAC