Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Audio-gd Reference 7.1 vs Violectric v800 Last post on 9/4/12 at 7:38am in Dedicated Source Components
- New iMac, Neuman KH 120, AKG K702 & $2 000 for a DAC and Amp? Last post on 7/21/12 at 3:06am in Dedicated Source Components
- Warm, musical vs cold, analytical DACs Last post on 11/18/13 at 5:14am in Dedicated Source Components
- Audio-gd Ref 7.1 or Bryston BDA-1 Last post on 6/29/12 at 8:22pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Buying a complete set of audio stuff, I need some advice as I'm stuck. Last post on 6/27/12 at 1:20am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Introduction Reviewer Introduction Product Introduction Technical Specifications Sound Quality Signature Overview Sound...
So I got the chance to try out the Aune M1S, and to my Surprise it was way more than I had anticipated or expected. My first impressions was an absolute shock! This thing punches way above it...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a look at the Paco, a compact, attractive, and smartly priced earphone in Fischer Audio's Totem series of products. Fischer Audio isn't new to the...
Overview I purchased these when they first came out during Black Friday in 2016, when they were on sale for $100 CAD. Until these I had mostly spent all of my money on IEMs since they're a lot...
INTRODUCTION Pioneer really surprised me with the new release of the DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones. I've recently tried out seven headphones that are considered high end and...
Review: Violectric V800 DAC - Page 18
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #257 of 77210/19/12 at 4:21pm
Preliminary conclusion: The Violectric V800 beats the Gungnir marginally on SQ. E.g. transparancy, bass texture and vocal cleanness. The difference is not very significant - but it's there. Adding the V800's flexibility (if you want it), that adds another pluss in the right column. I keep both, though. For the sake of good order, the Gungnir is very good. As for the NAD M51: The V800 is closer to the NAD than the Gungnir.Disclaimer: No volume matching. No academic approach. Just subjective - for now.post #258 of 77210/19/12 at 6:23pmThread Starter
Excellent post! I know it's a comparison that many people are curious about. Actually, people are curious about the Schiit Gungnir/Mjolnir vs just about any DAC and amp. So it's good that you covered it.post #259 of 77211/18/12 at 7:37amThanks for this wonderful review and thread, after much consideration, finally I got these dual for my headphone system:
Really love how these sound w my HD800 and newly acquires RS1 vintage headphones.post #260 of 77211/18/12 at 7:54amThread Starterpost #261 of 77211/18/12 at 8:23ampost #262 of 77211/20/12 at 5:46ampost #263 of 77211/20/12 at 6:29amI have had my Audeze with this stack of two for a few months now...along with Amarra set on Audeze on the equalizer, (a must for me)...at first..I thought there was something missing..I am new to this..and possibly suffer from Dr. dre Syndrome..LOL....(no..I did not own a pair...but could've).
I have to thank all of you for enlightening me...This combination is sooo clean and smooth..when the recording is good the sound is absolutely phenomenal..Listening is like a special treat..to be savored..no fatigue ..just joy! I never talked like this about listeningg to music..so that says it all!post #264 of 77211/20/12 at 1:55pm
Great thread, and thanks project86 - your reviews are always an absolute pleasure to read. I'm now also seriously considering putting together a V200 + V800 + LCD-2 rig. I'm just slightly nervous about my bank account and whether I should perhaps be considering the HE-500 instead of the LCD-2. I already have the TubeDAC-11, but am guessing that the V800 will be a good upgrade. Or maybe I should stick with the TubeDAC-11 for now and just get the V200. It would look so lonely there on its own though!!post #265 of 77211/20/12 at 2:34pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Kendoji
Great thread, and thanks project86 - your reviews are always an absolute pleasure to read. I'm now also seriously considering putting together a V200 + V800 + LCD-2 rig. I'm just slightly nervous about my bank account and whether I should perhaps be considering the HE-500 instead of the LCD-2. I already have the TubeDAC-11, but am guessing that the V800 will be a good upgrade. Or maybe I should stick with the TubeDAC-11 for now and just get the V200. It would look so lonely there on its own though!!
I dig both LCD-2 and HE-500, but I think I like LCD-2 more. I just got the latest version and it looks/sounds significantly better than I recall from the last one I had (an early model). V200 makes it sound oh-so-buttery-smooth - love it.
You could run the V200 from the TubeDAC-11 and get good results. It's no V800 but it should still sound quite nice.post #266 of 77212/19/12 at 11:24pmpost #267 of 77212/21/12 at 8:20amThread StarterQuote:
Sorry, not sure if anyone around here has heard both. I have yet to hear any of the North Star gear, despite being interested in it for a while now.post #268 of 77212/26/12 at 12:55ampost #269 of 77212/26/12 at 1:11amQuote:
For me the V800 is truly the star in the V200/V800 stack.....It is just so correct sounding!!!post #270 of 77212/29/12 at 12:21pm
- Review: Violectric V800 DAC
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Cowon Plenue D 4 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 20 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 44 seconds ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton -... 1 minute ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 2 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis Meet? 2 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Stockfisch Sennheiser SACD - SHIPPING INCLUDED 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser GSX 1000 / 1200 Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › DN-1000 replacements? 6 minutes ago
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear