New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure SE535 Special Edition - Page 6

post #76 of 235

Quote:

Originally Posted by ByMinotti View Post

Does anyone have any coupon codes for accessoryjack? I am looking at purchasing these from their website. Thanks!


I've been wondering the exact same, and would really appreciate it if someone happened to know of any valid coupon(s).

post #77 of 235


I'm looking for one too. A coupon would do justice to take warranty deal from Accessory Jack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2ehan View Post

Quote:


I've been wondering the exact same, and would really appreciate it if someone happened to know of any valid coupon(s).



 


Edited by johnkim0011 - 12/4/11 at 1:31pm
post #78 of 235

Bought a pair on Tuesday and today added a 3rd party cable, Baldur Mk2, as I hated the stock (aesthetic reasons).

 

This combination is a match, made in heaven. The sound is truly stunning!

 

Stock red 535, my Westone 4 was better. With the Baldur Mk2, the red 535 trumps the W4s many times over in every aspect. Never thought I would say that as I had never liked the original 535s.

 

Funnily, I bought the red 535s on a whim after reading this thread Tuesday morning. So glad I did!!

post #79 of 235

Looks sexy

post #80 of 235

Does anyone on Headfi have a pair to compare with the regular 535s?

 

Not sure I trust that review on hardwarezone

post #81 of 235

20111127_005206.jpg

 

Here is a pic. Sorry about the quality, phone camera.

 

The cables are very comfortable to wear. The colour is atually darker than as shown in the picture. Again cannot reiterate how great the red 535s sounds with the Baldur MK2

post #82 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post

 

Here is a pic. Sorry about the quality, phone camera.

 

The cables are very comfortable to wear. The colour is atually darker than as shown in the picture. Again cannot reiterate how great the red 535s sounds with the Baldur MK2


I think you should try them with a DHC Symbiote cable than, and do you have the original SE535's to compare with?

 

post #83 of 235

Nice picture!

Where did you get it? AccessoryJack? Did you get charged with custom duty fee?

post #84 of 235

Thank you johnkim0011.

 

I am actually located in Hong Kong. Both items were purchased locally. Having said that, the cable is readily available on auction sites. I am very fortunate to be in Hong Kong as all the cables are readily available at IEM shops for auditioning and I listened to about six different cables before settling on the ones bought. 

 

 

post #85 of 235

Ahh, I see. I already have SE535CL but I'm so tempted to get a red version.... o2smile.gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post

Thank you johnkim0011.

 

I am actually located in Hong Kong. Both items were purchased locally. Having said that, the cable is readily available on auction sites. I am very fortunate to be in Hong Kong as all the cables are readily available at IEM shops for auditioning and I listened to about six different cables before settling on the ones bought. 

 

 



 

post #86 of 235

Got some of these a few hours ago. So far i'm very impressed. I wanted something a bit warmer and with more bass impact than my Grado GR10's and these certainly deliver. Does anyone want pics?

post #87 of 235
^ Pics are always welcome, my friend. smily_headphones1.gif

P.S. If and when time permits, a comparison between the GR10 and SE535 SE would be greatly appreciated. biggrin.gif
post #88 of 235

I hated my red se535s out of the box.  Found them too forward sounding, all the instruments were spot lighted too much, making the sound very harsh and hi fi sounding. Extemely fatiguing! Bass was impactful with good slam but no bloom and sounding very woody. Comparing with the Westone 4s.

 

What a great relief that I hated the stock cable! The sound I am hearing now......STUNNING

 

Will write a more thorough report.


Edited by spkrs01 - 12/1/11 at 4:53am
post #89 of 235

Very interested in this cable upgrade. Have seen them on eBay but a bit pricey.

post #90 of 235

well basically everything is the same Blue cable with a mark 2. they call it baldur mk2 ,beat audio calls it something else mk2. price varies according to the fittings ie plugs etc. hmmmm you can pm me

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: