Guys, I'll recieve my SE535 in like one week or so (package got delayed one week..) and I wonder if there's any need to burn these in?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 4R vs Shure se535? Noob HELP! Last post on 9/14/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- QUICK: SE535, Westone UM3X, or Westone 4Rs? Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEMS: Shure SE535 or Westone 4R Last post on 5/9/13 at 11:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535 or Westone 4R [For] Dubstep? House? Metalcore? Last post on 9/18/12 at 11:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Make Any HeadRoom Purchase until Dec.20, Get Entered for FREE Shure SE535!! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationEdited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
Shure SE535 Special Edition - Page 8post #106 of 22212/2/11 at 7:08am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 22212/2/11 at 7:14ampost #108 of 22212/2/11 at 7:18ampost #109 of 22212/2/11 at 8:55am
My first impression with Shure Se 535 Le :
Today i received my Shure Se 535 Le for Asia Market in Red colour.
Source : Iphone 4 S with file music WAV
Amp : Fostex Hp 1 and RS 71 B
Cable : USB to LOD 6 braided Silver cable DIY
Sound out from the Box : SE 535 LE overall more open and more clear than my Se 535
High : more extended than my SE 535 , but not harsh , very detail
Mid : a bit thin than SE 535 , a bit laid back , but more clear than the MID from my SE 535
Bass : very clean deep bass and faster than my SE 535
Soundstaging : wider than SE 535
Separation : better than my SE 535 , i can hear the music placement better tah my SE 535
I like my Shure SE 535 LE , is the best in SQ compare to my SE 535 and SE 530
This is my personal opinionpost #110 of 22212/2/11 at 12:14pmpost #111 of 22212/4/11 at 1:32pm
I don't know when I'll be getting my SE535 Special Edition... but I'm slowly beginning to regret especially because I already have SE535 Clear...
If I end up changing my mind, would anyone be interested in buying from me?
You don't have to deal with the risk of paying custom fee since it would be U.S. -> U.S. transaction.
Please let me know, so I can decide what I should do with it!
Edited by johnkim0011 - 12/4/11 at 1:35pmpost #112 of 22212/4/11 at 9:14pmpost #113 of 22212/4/11 at 11:31pmNice. You should have a listen and since you have a pair of 535 anyway, clip the new cable off them and attach your ones you have. Quick comparison shouldnt harm. I think you will be surprise by the improvement.
God luck, whatever you decide uponpost #114 of 22212/4/11 at 11:31pmpost #115 of 22212/5/11 at 1:00ampost #116 of 22212/5/11 at 1:26am
Could you please clarify? Would like to know your thoughts, my friend.post #117 of 22212/5/11 at 7:39ampost #118 of 22212/5/11 at 7:58amQuote:
I didn't really like the 535 better either. More different. 535 is a bit thick sounding compared to the 530 but the upper mid is smoother and sounds more extended due to it. I don't think it actually has more extention which isn't really lacking in either.
post #119 of 22212/6/11 at 2:57amQuote:
Sure thing, (please understand this is from my recollection as I had sold both now) but I remember the 535 had wider soundstage, less grainier treble on most tracks (better treble quality), and had better overall construction/cables. However, when I had both I would A/B I found the 530 had more bass, felt smoother and the grainier treble kind of kept the music "lively" although it can be seen as a flaw, and the smaller soundstage (felt more engaging), but the 535 seemed more refined and controlled.
However, on the go the differences were negligible in real-life situations but upon focused listening the overall difference I've found was that 530 sounds warm and plays music the way it wants to (it's own style), but the 535 is basically the 530 with a touch of the 425 (analytics) which I didn't really like. Don't get me wrong, I fully enjoy my 425s everyday but I just don't like half-measures, which I felt the 535 was.
This was from my S9 with and without a volume attenuator (just to see how it is with it and without it dampen the hiss in higher volumes)
EDIT: I should also clarify, when I say I liked the 530 better than the 535 I mean only sound quality wise. The build of the 530 is just atrocious (stay away lol it's just terrible) and the 535 is superior in every way except sound quality - and that is just my subjective interpretation.
Edited by TheGomdoRi - 12/6/11 at 3:02ampost #120 of 22212/6/11 at 6:27pm
So I just noticed something interesting on the US site. There's a model also listed as the SE535LTD but its in silver. I'm crossing my fingers for it to be the same as the red one; I've always loved silver more than red. http://www.shure.com/americas/products/earphones-headphones/se-models/se535-sound-isolating-earphones-with-remote-plus-micReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535 Special Edition
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Why would anyone want just one headphone? 35 seconds ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 45 seconds ago
- › [HELP] Best earbud for basshead, <50$ please ??? 51 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 1 minute ago
- › The Stax thread (New) 1 minute ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 1 minute ago
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper 1 minute ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7000 3 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 3 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe