Guys, I'll recieve my SE535 in like one week or so (package got delayed one week..) and I wonder if there's any need to burn these in?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/4/11
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 10/4/11
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 3/7/13
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 12/7/11
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 4R vs Shure se535? Noob HELP! Last post on 9/14/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- QUICK: SE535, Westone UM3X, or Westone 4Rs? Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEMS: Shure SE535 or Westone 4R Last post on 6/14/14 at 8:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535 or Westone 4R [For] Dubstep? House? Metalcore? Last post on 9/18/12 at 11:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Make Any HeadRoom Purchase until Dec.20, Get Entered for FREE Shure SE535!! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Audiosense is a new headphone brand in China which surprisingly produces many qualities headphones. The model V2mix4 comes from 4 drivers which are the combination of dynamic drivers and balanced...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. when you...
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
I made a video review of the dt770 80ohm quite sometime ago and was finally finished it. I got them on sale at Guitar Center for $179.99 , the deal was better than anywhere on the web so I...
Shure SE535 Special Edition - Page 8post #106 of 23512/2/11 at 7:08am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 23512/2/11 at 7:14ampost #108 of 23512/2/11 at 7:18ampost #109 of 23512/2/11 at 8:55am
My first impression with Shure Se 535 Le :
Today i received my Shure Se 535 Le for Asia Market in Red colour.
Source : Iphone 4 S with file music WAV
Amp : Fostex Hp 1 and RS 71 B
Cable : USB to LOD 6 braided Silver cable DIY
Sound out from the Box : SE 535 LE overall more open and more clear than my Se 535
High : more extended than my SE 535 , but not harsh , very detail
Mid : a bit thin than SE 535 , a bit laid back , but more clear than the MID from my SE 535
Bass : very clean deep bass and faster than my SE 535
Soundstaging : wider than SE 535
Separation : better than my SE 535 , i can hear the music placement better tah my SE 535
I like my Shure SE 535 LE , is the best in SQ compare to my SE 535 and SE 530
This is my personal opinionpost #110 of 23512/2/11 at 12:14pmpost #111 of 23512/4/11 at 1:32pm
I don't know when I'll be getting my SE535 Special Edition... but I'm slowly beginning to regret especially because I already have SE535 Clear...
If I end up changing my mind, would anyone be interested in buying from me?
You don't have to deal with the risk of paying custom fee since it would be U.S. -> U.S. transaction.
Please let me know, so I can decide what I should do with it!
Edited by johnkim0011 - 12/4/11 at 1:35pmpost #112 of 23512/4/11 at 9:14pmpost #113 of 23512/4/11 at 11:31pmNice. You should have a listen and since you have a pair of 535 anyway, clip the new cable off them and attach your ones you have. Quick comparison shouldnt harm. I think you will be surprise by the improvement.
God luck, whatever you decide uponpost #114 of 23512/4/11 at 11:31pmpost #115 of 23512/5/11 at 1:00ampost #116 of 23512/5/11 at 1:26am
Could you please clarify? Would like to know your thoughts, my friend.post #117 of 23512/5/11 at 7:39ampost #118 of 23512/5/11 at 7:58amQuote:
I didn't really like the 535 better either. More different. 535 is a bit thick sounding compared to the 530 but the upper mid is smoother and sounds more extended due to it. I don't think it actually has more extention which isn't really lacking in either.
post #119 of 23512/6/11 at 2:57amQuote:
Sure thing, (please understand this is from my recollection as I had sold both now) but I remember the 535 had wider soundstage, less grainier treble on most tracks (better treble quality), and had better overall construction/cables. However, when I had both I would A/B I found the 530 had more bass, felt smoother and the grainier treble kind of kept the music "lively" although it can be seen as a flaw, and the smaller soundstage (felt more engaging), but the 535 seemed more refined and controlled.
However, on the go the differences were negligible in real-life situations but upon focused listening the overall difference I've found was that 530 sounds warm and plays music the way it wants to (it's own style), but the 535 is basically the 530 with a touch of the 425 (analytics) which I didn't really like. Don't get me wrong, I fully enjoy my 425s everyday but I just don't like half-measures, which I felt the 535 was.
This was from my S9 with and without a volume attenuator (just to see how it is with it and without it dampen the hiss in higher volumes)
EDIT: I should also clarify, when I say I liked the 530 better than the 535 I mean only sound quality wise. The build of the 530 is just atrocious (stay away lol it's just terrible) and the 535 is superior in every way except sound quality - and that is just my subjective interpretation.
Edited by TheGomdoRi - 12/6/11 at 3:02ampost #120 of 23512/6/11 at 6:27pm
So I just noticed something interesting on the US site. There's a model also listed as the SE535LTD but its in silver. I'm crossing my fingers for it to be the same as the red one; I've always loved silver more than red. http://www.shure.com/americas/products/earphones-headphones/se-models/se535-sound-isolating-earphones-with-remote-plus-micReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535 Special Edition
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 1 second ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Show us your vintage headphones! 4 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 6 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 7 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 7 minutes ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 7 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by speedsters
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)