Guys, I'll recieve my SE535 in like one week or so (package got delayed one week..) and I wonder if there's any need to burn these in?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/4/11
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 10/4/11
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 3/7/13
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 12/7/11
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 4R vs Shure se535? Noob HELP! Last post on 9/14/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- QUICK: SE535, Westone UM3X, or Westone 4Rs? Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEMS: Shure SE535 or Westone 4R Last post on 6/14/14 at 8:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535 or Westone 4R [For] Dubstep? House? Metalcore? Last post on 9/18/12 at 11:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Make Any HeadRoom Purchase until Dec.20, Get Entered for FREE Shure SE535!! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I still have yet to give anything 5 stars. The SR-202, for me, is a solid option for alternatives to the HD700, if you can find them without breaking the bank. I will start with the things I...
Fidue A65 Thanks to tony from hifiheadphones for letting me be part of the UK tour. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Drivers: Custom 8mm dynamic driver with Titanium...
Background When was the last time you used a pair of earbuds? Perhaps you use your Apple Earpods at work to remain inconspicuous, or maybe you are one of the many who have purchased the VE...
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Preamble:Pai Audio (http://www.paiaudio.com/indexEn.asp) is a relatively new audio company and based in Shenzhen, China. Established in 2014, they have specialised in manufacturing in-ears....
Shure SE535 Special Edition - Page 8post #106 of 23512/2/11 at 7:08am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 23512/2/11 at 7:14ampost #108 of 23512/2/11 at 7:18ampost #109 of 23512/2/11 at 8:55am
My first impression with Shure Se 535 Le :
Today i received my Shure Se 535 Le for Asia Market in Red colour.
Source : Iphone 4 S with file music WAV
Amp : Fostex Hp 1 and RS 71 B
Cable : USB to LOD 6 braided Silver cable DIY
Sound out from the Box : SE 535 LE overall more open and more clear than my Se 535
High : more extended than my SE 535 , but not harsh , very detail
Mid : a bit thin than SE 535 , a bit laid back , but more clear than the MID from my SE 535
Bass : very clean deep bass and faster than my SE 535
Soundstaging : wider than SE 535
Separation : better than my SE 535 , i can hear the music placement better tah my SE 535
I like my Shure SE 535 LE , is the best in SQ compare to my SE 535 and SE 530
This is my personal opinionpost #110 of 23512/2/11 at 12:14pmpost #111 of 23512/4/11 at 1:32pm
I don't know when I'll be getting my SE535 Special Edition... but I'm slowly beginning to regret especially because I already have SE535 Clear...
If I end up changing my mind, would anyone be interested in buying from me?
You don't have to deal with the risk of paying custom fee since it would be U.S. -> U.S. transaction.
Please let me know, so I can decide what I should do with it!
Edited by johnkim0011 - 12/4/11 at 1:35pmpost #112 of 23512/4/11 at 9:14pmpost #113 of 23512/4/11 at 11:31pmNice. You should have a listen and since you have a pair of 535 anyway, clip the new cable off them and attach your ones you have. Quick comparison shouldnt harm. I think you will be surprise by the improvement.
God luck, whatever you decide uponpost #114 of 23512/4/11 at 11:31pmpost #115 of 23512/5/11 at 1:00ampost #116 of 23512/5/11 at 1:26am
Could you please clarify? Would like to know your thoughts, my friend.post #117 of 23512/5/11 at 7:39ampost #118 of 23512/5/11 at 7:58amQuote:
I didn't really like the 535 better either. More different. 535 is a bit thick sounding compared to the 530 but the upper mid is smoother and sounds more extended due to it. I don't think it actually has more extention which isn't really lacking in either.
post #119 of 23512/6/11 at 2:57amQuote:
Sure thing, (please understand this is from my recollection as I had sold both now) but I remember the 535 had wider soundstage, less grainier treble on most tracks (better treble quality), and had better overall construction/cables. However, when I had both I would A/B I found the 530 had more bass, felt smoother and the grainier treble kind of kept the music "lively" although it can be seen as a flaw, and the smaller soundstage (felt more engaging), but the 535 seemed more refined and controlled.
However, on the go the differences were negligible in real-life situations but upon focused listening the overall difference I've found was that 530 sounds warm and plays music the way it wants to (it's own style), but the 535 is basically the 530 with a touch of the 425 (analytics) which I didn't really like. Don't get me wrong, I fully enjoy my 425s everyday but I just don't like half-measures, which I felt the 535 was.
This was from my S9 with and without a volume attenuator (just to see how it is with it and without it dampen the hiss in higher volumes)
EDIT: I should also clarify, when I say I liked the 530 better than the 535 I mean only sound quality wise. The build of the 530 is just atrocious (stay away lol it's just terrible) and the 535 is superior in every way except sound quality - and that is just my subjective interpretation.
Edited by TheGomdoRi - 12/6/11 at 3:02ampost #120 of 23512/6/11 at 6:27pm
So I just noticed something interesting on the US site. There's a model also listed as the SE535LTD but its in silver. I'm crossing my fingers for it to be the same as the red one; I've always loved silver more than red. http://www.shure.com/americas/products/earphones-headphones/se-models/se535-sound-isolating-earphones-with-remote-plus-micReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535 Special Edition
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 28 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 1 minute ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 1 minute ago
- › How to eliminate stuttering in audio players? 1 minute ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 2 minutes ago
- › OnePlus 3 Audio Quality? 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › New member 6 minutes ago
- › What Headphone and Amp are you listening to right now? 7 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...