I have about $20 to spend on earbuds. I would spend more, but I tend to lose them. I was looking at the Creative EP630s, Sennheiser CX300s and the MEElectronics M9. What would be the best between these? Any other recommendations? Preferably, I would like something with inline volume control.
- productCreative Headphones EP-630tagged by System, 10/4/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/4/11
- productMEElectronics M9-SL Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Silver)tagged by System, 10/4/11
- productSennheiser CX300-S Earbuds (Silver)tagged by System, 10/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- headphones for 20$ Last post on 9/23/11 at 12:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SENNHEISER CX500 FAKES? Last post on 3/7/12 at 8:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How do similarly-priced In-Ear headphones compare to the on or over-ear headphones? Last post on 3/25/11 at 12:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Beats Dr. Dre Tour Fakes Last post on 8/25/12 at 8:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
Best earbuds for around $20?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1310/2/11 at 5:59amI would consider the Marshmallows with the Kramer Mod. They are really great once that mod is done. All it is just removing the paper filter and putting headphone foams in it. A lot of people recommended before I became a member.
EDIT: JVC Marshmallows is what I am talking about.post #3 of 1310/2/11 at 6:06amThread Starter
I just lost my pair of Marshallows that I had for over 2-3 years. :( Which is why I am earbud-less. I never modded them, though I heard about it.
Looks pretty easy, but I don't know what kind of foam I would stuff in there. Where can I get the kind of foam he was talking about?post #4 of 1310/2/11 at 6:13amHe is talking about any foam from headphones. As in the pads or the ones within the the cans. The foam filters. Both happen to work fine though. I have a modded pair and they really had a positive change.post #5 of 1310/2/11 at 6:21ampost #6 of 1310/2/11 at 6:26ampost #7 of 1310/2/11 at 6:52amPhilips SHE9700(overall detailed n has punchy bass, fun to listen), JVC FXC50(crisp clear warm sound), Sennheiser CX300(bassy but very engaging sound), Panasonic HJE450(shows great details in mids n highs with punchy bass).post #8 of 1310/2/11 at 6:59ampost #9 of 1310/2/11 at 7:51ampost #10 of 1310/2/11 at 5:09pmThread Starterpost #11 of 1310/2/11 at 7:10pmpost #12 of 1310/2/11 at 8:23pmThread StarterReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best earbuds for around $20?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 55 seconds ago
- › Audirvana Plus 2.0 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 2 minutes ago
- › great find:: cleanest usb audio,best sound 2 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 630VB Review - First Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightOwl - A closed-back NightHawk 10 minutes ago
- › Cambridge Audio Owners Unite 10 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear