I have about $20 to spend on earbuds. I would spend more, but I tend to lose them. I was looking at the Creative EP630s, Sennheiser CX300s and the MEElectronics M9. What would be the best between these? Any other recommendations? Preferably, I would like something with inline volume control.
- productCreative Headphones EP-630tagged by System, 10/4/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/4/11
- productMEElectronics M9-SL Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Silver)tagged by System, 10/4/11
- productSennheiser CX300-S Earbuds (Silver)tagged by System, 10/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- headphones for 20$ Last post on 9/23/11 at 12:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SENNHEISER CX500 FAKES? Last post on 3/7/12 at 8:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How do similarly-priced In-Ear headphones compare to the on or over-ear headphones? Last post on 3/25/11 at 12:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Beats Dr. Dre Tour Fakes Last post on 8/25/12 at 8:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Yamaha UK for the sample. Full review...
Specification Ø Digital Input ：USB, Coaxial, PCM 44.1K-192K/16-24bit Ø DAC Chip ：WM8740 Ø Digital Output：Standard Coaxial Ø USB input required OS：Win...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out Meze's entry level product, the 11 Neo. Morpheus would be so proud. While they've been around for a while now Meze really found their stride...
Hifiman MegaMini Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Hifiman and Campfire Audio Vega Hifiman MegaMini...
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
Best earbuds for around $20?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1310/2/11 at 5:59amI would consider the Marshmallows with the Kramer Mod. They are really great once that mod is done. All it is just removing the paper filter and putting headphone foams in it. A lot of people recommended before I became a member.
EDIT: JVC Marshmallows is what I am talking about.post #3 of 1310/2/11 at 6:06amThread Starter
I just lost my pair of Marshallows that I had for over 2-3 years. :( Which is why I am earbud-less. I never modded them, though I heard about it.
Looks pretty easy, but I don't know what kind of foam I would stuff in there. Where can I get the kind of foam he was talking about?post #4 of 1310/2/11 at 6:13amHe is talking about any foam from headphones. As in the pads or the ones within the the cans. The foam filters. Both happen to work fine though. I have a modded pair and they really had a positive change.post #5 of 1310/2/11 at 6:21ampost #6 of 1310/2/11 at 6:26ampost #7 of 1310/2/11 at 6:52amPhilips SHE9700(overall detailed n has punchy bass, fun to listen), JVC FXC50(crisp clear warm sound), Sennheiser CX300(bassy but very engaging sound), Panasonic HJE450(shows great details in mids n highs with punchy bass).post #8 of 1310/2/11 at 6:59ampost #9 of 1310/2/11 at 7:51ampost #10 of 1310/2/11 at 5:09pmThread Starterpost #11 of 1310/2/11 at 7:10pmpost #12 of 1310/2/11 at 8:23pmThread StarterReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best earbuds for around $20?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › 100€ headphone for pc use 1 minute ago
- › Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › I am clueless... 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 5 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 6 minutes ago
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear