Hi! I'm looking to purchase a pair of headphones as a gift to my sister! She listens to primarily korean pop (just basically pop music with some electronic I guess). It needs to have decent bass as well. I'm looking to spend 100. I'm thinking about the Sennheiser 448. I'm thinking of more of an open pair of headphones than closed but suggest either. Heeelp! Thanks! I need to order it in 2-4 days!
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 10/2/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 10/2/11
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 10/2/11
- productGrado RS 2itagged by System, 10/2/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 10/2/11
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 10/2/11
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by System, 10/2/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/2/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/2/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 10/2/11
Related Forum Threads
- Grado vs. Grado Last post on 2/10/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR325 Last post on 11/9/11 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado Diminishing Returns Last post on 9/14/11 at 6:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- If you could pick any 4 headphones that you had to live with for the rest of your life, what... Last post on 9/12/11 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- should i get the Grado sr60s or fiio e7? Last post on 7/3/11 at 1:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Brainwavz M1 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation back in the day for the sample. Full length old review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/499583/brainwavz-m1-review Brief: Old but...
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift!post #1 of 1410/1/11 at 10:28pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1410/1/11 at 11:15pmpost #3 of 1410/1/11 at 11:21pmpost #4 of 1410/2/11 at 3:53am
Yeah from what I hear many many many people love and enjoy K-POP with them Grados, just curious what artists/bands is she listening too? Im starting to like some of the K-POP, but I don't know that many artists... Just curious what people like to listen too.post #5 of 1410/2/11 at 3:54ampost #6 of 1410/2/11 at 4:00amQuote:
Well right now Im walking around with the HD 800's never had a single complaint, of Grado's the 60'80's seem not to get complaints. I had a complaint with the RS1i and RS2i in a bus, but thats just because "We will rock you" sounded very bassy. The GS1000i I figured was the worst, not that bad at the subway, but would get you killed on the bus.post #7 of 1410/2/11 at 4:35amQuote:Originally Posted by Torontoraccoon
Well right now Im walking around with the HD 800's never had a single complaint, of Grado's the 60'80's seem not to get complaints. I had a complaint with the RS1i and RS2i in a bus, but thats just because "We will rock you" sounded very bassy. The GS1000i I figured was the worst, not that bad at the subway, but would get you killed on the bus.
You hit the streets with the HD 800 and GS1000i ? - way to go for flying the Head-fi flag!
Here I was feeling sheepish for telling a tale about how I've hit the town with a pair of K601's
around my neck (no bag and no I was not pretending that they run off my ishuffle!)
Back on topic, votes go to the Grado SR60/80 or Alessandro MS1i - she'll love them or
hate them. Only one way to find out, but if she ends up loving them then it will be a love
story greater than the HD 448.post #8 of 1410/2/11 at 6:44ampost #9 of 1410/2/11 at 8:41amThread Starterpost #10 of 1410/2/11 at 8:47am
If you have a USD100 budget I will recommend you my favourite headphones, which are the Fostex T50RP, and will cost you USD75. You should take a look also at the Koss Pro DJ100, that are closed and very good for portable use.
Both headphones will need an amplifier to drive them with ease.post #11 of 1410/2/11 at 9:46ampost #12 of 1410/2/11 at 9:50am
My favorite for $100 is the AKG K240. Semi-open and they sound fantastic with electronic music!
Neither open or closed really have "better" sound quality. Open cans generally have less bass and bigger soundstage, but you should just compare individual headphones.post #13 of 1410/2/11 at 10:09amThread Starter
Home use only. You're welcome. lol
Quote:post #14 of 1410/2/11 at 10:12amThread Starter
Idk... I really don't care for what she listens to but a few are like f(x), SNSD, 2 pm, shinee etc etc. Grados seem to be a hit but I'm wondering if the design'll be unappealing to her.Quote:
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 1 minute ago
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma 1 minute ago
- › Looking to buy a pair of headphones that succeed the ATH-WS55's. 1 minute ago
- › Powerbeats2 or Jaybird Bluebuds , which is the better bluetooth model? 1 minute ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Motorheadphones Ironfist, Why doesnt everyone who love rock own one... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900X Thread. :) 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)