Hi! I'm looking to purchase a pair of headphones as a gift to my sister! She listens to primarily korean pop (just basically pop music with some electronic I guess). It needs to have decent bass as well. I'm looking to spend 100. I'm thinking about the Sennheiser 448. I'm thinking of more of an open pair of headphones than closed but suggest either. Heeelp! Thanks! I need to order it in 2-4 days!
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 10/2/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 10/2/11
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 10/2/11
- productGrado RS 2itagged by System, 10/2/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 10/2/11
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 10/2/11
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by System, 10/2/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/2/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/2/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 10/2/11
Related Forum Threads
- Grado vs. Grado Last post on 2/10/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR325 Last post on 11/9/11 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado Diminishing Returns Last post on 9/14/11 at 6:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- If you could pick any 4 headphones that you had to live with for the rest of your life, what... Last post on 9/12/11 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- should i get the Grado sr60s or fiio e7? Last post on 7/3/11 at 1:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift!post #1 of 1410/1/11 at 10:28pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1410/1/11 at 11:15pmpost #3 of 1410/1/11 at 11:21pmpost #4 of 1410/2/11 at 3:53am
Yeah from what I hear many many many people love and enjoy K-POP with them Grados, just curious what artists/bands is she listening too? Im starting to like some of the K-POP, but I don't know that many artists... Just curious what people like to listen too.post #5 of 1410/2/11 at 3:54ampost #6 of 1410/2/11 at 4:00amQuote:
Well right now Im walking around with the HD 800's never had a single complaint, of Grado's the 60'80's seem not to get complaints. I had a complaint with the RS1i and RS2i in a bus, but thats just because "We will rock you" sounded very bassy. The GS1000i I figured was the worst, not that bad at the subway, but would get you killed on the bus.post #7 of 1410/2/11 at 4:35amQuote:Originally Posted by Torontoraccoon
Well right now Im walking around with the HD 800's never had a single complaint, of Grado's the 60'80's seem not to get complaints. I had a complaint with the RS1i and RS2i in a bus, but thats just because "We will rock you" sounded very bassy. The GS1000i I figured was the worst, not that bad at the subway, but would get you killed on the bus.
You hit the streets with the HD 800 and GS1000i ? - way to go for flying the Head-fi flag!
Here I was feeling sheepish for telling a tale about how I've hit the town with a pair of K601's
around my neck (no bag and no I was not pretending that they run off my ishuffle!)
Back on topic, votes go to the Grado SR60/80 or Alessandro MS1i - she'll love them or
hate them. Only one way to find out, but if she ends up loving them then it will be a love
story greater than the HD 448.post #8 of 1410/2/11 at 6:44ampost #9 of 1410/2/11 at 8:41amThread Starterpost #10 of 1410/2/11 at 8:47am
If you have a USD100 budget I will recommend you my favourite headphones, which are the Fostex T50RP, and will cost you USD75. You should take a look also at the Koss Pro DJ100, that are closed and very good for portable use.
Both headphones will need an amplifier to drive them with ease.post #11 of 1410/2/11 at 9:46ampost #12 of 1410/2/11 at 9:50am
My favorite for $100 is the AKG K240. Semi-open and they sound fantastic with electronic music!
Neither open or closed really have "better" sound quality. Open cans generally have less bass and bigger soundstage, but you should just compare individual headphones.post #13 of 1410/2/11 at 10:09amThread Starter
Home use only. You're welcome. lol
Quote:post #14 of 1410/2/11 at 10:12amThread Starter
Idk... I really don't care for what she listens to but a few are like f(x), SNSD, 2 pm, shinee etc etc. Grados seem to be a hit but I'm wondering if the design'll be unappealing to her.Quote:
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Needing A Good FLAC To ALAC Converter. 9 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 34 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › New 250ohm headphones play without an amp? 3 minutes ago
- › (FS) Superluxe HD681 Evo 4 minutes ago
- › Anything like a right-angle jack for Sennheiser headphones? 4 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 5 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)