Hi! I'm looking to purchase a pair of headphones as a gift to my sister! She listens to primarily korean pop (just basically pop music with some electronic I guess). It needs to have decent bass as well. I'm looking to spend 100. I'm thinking about the Sennheiser 448. I'm thinking of more of an open pair of headphones than closed but suggest either. Heeelp! Thanks! I need to order it in 2-4 days!
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 10/2/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 10/2/11
- productGrado RS1i Reference Series Headphonestagged by System, 10/2/11
- productGrado RS 2itagged by System, 10/2/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 10/2/11
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 10/2/11
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by System, 10/2/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/2/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/2/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 10/2/11
Related Forum Threads
- Grado vs. Grado Last post on 2/10/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR325 Last post on 11/9/11 at 6:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado Diminishing Returns Last post on 9/14/11 at 6:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- If you could pick any 4 headphones that you had to live with for the rest of your life, what... Last post on 9/12/11 at 4:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- should i get the Grado sr60s or fiio e7? Last post on 7/3/11 at 1:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/21/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift!post #1 of 1410/1/11 at 10:28pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1410/1/11 at 11:15pmpost #3 of 1410/1/11 at 11:21pmpost #4 of 1410/2/11 at 3:53am
Yeah from what I hear many many many people love and enjoy K-POP with them Grados, just curious what artists/bands is she listening too? Im starting to like some of the K-POP, but I don't know that many artists... Just curious what people like to listen too.post #5 of 1410/2/11 at 3:54ampost #6 of 1410/2/11 at 4:00amQuote:
Well right now Im walking around with the HD 800's never had a single complaint, of Grado's the 60'80's seem not to get complaints. I had a complaint with the RS1i and RS2i in a bus, but thats just because "We will rock you" sounded very bassy. The GS1000i I figured was the worst, not that bad at the subway, but would get you killed on the bus.post #7 of 1410/2/11 at 4:35amQuote:Originally Posted by Torontoraccoon
Well right now Im walking around with the HD 800's never had a single complaint, of Grado's the 60'80's seem not to get complaints. I had a complaint with the RS1i and RS2i in a bus, but thats just because "We will rock you" sounded very bassy. The GS1000i I figured was the worst, not that bad at the subway, but would get you killed on the bus.
You hit the streets with the HD 800 and GS1000i ? - way to go for flying the Head-fi flag!
Here I was feeling sheepish for telling a tale about how I've hit the town with a pair of K601's
around my neck (no bag and no I was not pretending that they run off my ishuffle!)
Back on topic, votes go to the Grado SR60/80 or Alessandro MS1i - she'll love them or
hate them. Only one way to find out, but if she ends up loving them then it will be a love
story greater than the HD 448.post #8 of 1410/2/11 at 6:44ampost #9 of 1410/2/11 at 8:41amThread Starterpost #10 of 1410/2/11 at 8:47am
If you have a USD100 budget I will recommend you my favourite headphones, which are the Fostex T50RP, and will cost you USD75. You should take a look also at the Koss Pro DJ100, that are closed and very good for portable use.
Both headphones will need an amplifier to drive them with ease.post #11 of 1410/2/11 at 9:46ampost #12 of 1410/2/11 at 9:50am
My favorite for $100 is the AKG K240. Semi-open and they sound fantastic with electronic music!
Neither open or closed really have "better" sound quality. Open cans generally have less bass and bigger soundstage, but you should just compare individual headphones.post #13 of 1410/2/11 at 10:09amThread Starter
Home use only. You're welcome. lol
Quote:post #14 of 1410/2/11 at 10:12amThread Starter
Idk... I really don't care for what she listens to but a few are like f(x), SNSD, 2 pm, shinee etc etc. Grados seem to be a hit but I'm wondering if the design'll be unappealing to her.Quote:
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 25 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 55 seconds ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod... 56 seconds ago
- › Fidelio X2 or Sennheiser HD598? 58 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Sony h.ear on MDR-100AAP - $199 'Hi-Res Audio' Over-Ear Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Good table/desktop microphones for gaming? 5 minutes ago
- › IEM <120€ with good Vocals and Clarity - NuForce Ne800M? 6 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 7 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sam 88
- › Fiil Diva Bluetooth, Noise Cancelling Headphones by Tom22
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...