I've been considering getting the MC3's but the thing I've been worried about is the fit. I'm pretty sure that my ears are kind of small as I use the smallest set of buds that came with my Skullcandys(50/50) So I'm wondering about whether they will fit my ears because I've heard that Etymotics are very uncomfortable for most people in general.
Related Forum Threads
- IEM with noise isolation under $100, suggestions? Last post on 11/12/12 at 3:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need CHEAP IEM's with a remote in the cord and great fit/build quality. Are skullcandy the... Last post on 10/30/12 at 2:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NRB Mod... Nut Rattlin Bass from an Ety?!? Yes, Yes, YES!!! [How To] NRB Mod... Last post on 4/21/15 at 3:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinking of getting a half decent pair for while I'm on the move... Last post on 9/11/12 at 11:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- help me find the right iem for me Last post on 8/20/12 at 2:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australasian tour arranged by Brooko, thank you very much for including me in this tour, this is my first time listening to high end DAP! Introduction I...
I actually have the ES900m, which doesn't have microphone and control buttons, but the rest is the same. For $6 it's impossible to buy a pair of earphones as good as them. I really believe...
This review will compare between the two semi-flagship headphones from two companies; The K712 headphones from AKG, and the HD700 from Sennheiser. "Expect and discover. The perfection." -box...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample of your Hammo S headphones. Still fresh in my mind how I almost missed an opportunity to review...
I have been using a E09K to power my DT990 600ohm cans for over two years now, long enough that I don't really remember exactly when I got it but for sure over two years. I use this thing every...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
The fit of Etymotic IEM's in general
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
BTW, the MC3 will be a sonic opposite of the skullcandy -- at first they will seem bright and missing bass. Again, give your ears/brain a day or 2 to get used to clean accurate sound. You can thank us later!
The best isolation is using the triple, and yes they are a bit uncomfortable..
I've only used the Gliders and the triple's, and there are differences in both sound and fit, Gliders are also a bit shorter so they dont go as far in as the triple's...
As u can read in other threads a lot of ppl use Shure Olives, and they can be the happy medium, but i never tried them..
Accurate sound yes, but the soundstage is thin and u feel a bit "isolated" both in fit and in soundstage with Ety.
But i grew to love my HF3 eventho i like a good amount basspunch (Hifi systems usually tho), but i dont want it to bleed into the music through iems and only focuse on this, and lower tier iems have to smack u over the head with sloppy bass to get noticed, and its in no way a good thing..
I guess the MC series is a good way to start, if one doesnt like the Ety sound, you havnt spent so much cash to try it out..
Congratulations. I have no idea how some of the people could describe the fit of Ety IEMs as torturous as they say. I prefer Ety's fit (and sound!) over all other IEMs including SE535, CK10 with hybrids, and customs.
I prefer the triples and the low weight of the phones, hate single tips and the shallow fit like the plague...
Im also used to hearing protection at work - foam and triples (at home too sometimes - wifes u know...), and now i use my HF3 as a music companion and to block out noise at work...
I dont find them fragile either, altho u cant yank or hang yourself in them, and over the ear fitment is the best, and in my case they can be pushed further in for a better sound, so one need to experiment with the fit depending on your earsize and so on..
Edited by Hemshemems - 10/5/11 at 12:30am
- The fit of Etymotic IEM's in general
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Official Goldring DR150 Impressions Thread 8 seconds ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 30 seconds ago
- › FS: HIFiman HE-400i 41 seconds ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! 1 minute ago
- › Beresford Capella Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 Australasian Tour 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 630VB Review - First Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › The Apple diyMod: My Take on the Famous iMod [56k killer] Featuring... 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › FiiO E09K by Chuck Canada
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2