I've been considering getting the MC3's but the thing I've been worried about is the fit. I'm pretty sure that my ears are kind of small as I use the smallest set of buds that came with my Skullcandys(50/50) So I'm wondering about whether they will fit my ears because I've heard that Etymotics are very uncomfortable for most people in general.
Related Forum Threads
- IEM with noise isolation under $100, suggestions? Last post on 11/12/12 at 3:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need CHEAP IEM's with a remote in the cord and great fit/build quality. Are skullcandy the... Last post on 10/30/12 at 2:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NRB Mod... Nut Rattlin Bass from an Ety?!? Yes, Yes, YES!!! [How To] NRB Mod... Last post on 4/21/15 at 3:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinking of getting a half decent pair for while I'm on the move... Last post on 9/11/12 at 11:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- help me find the right iem for me Last post on 8/20/12 at 2:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Setting buttons easily to get clicked if you hand helding it. USB connection plug or jack is better than mico USB kind. For similar price, there are better, smaller one in the...
-- The HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) is a wonderful, simple, clean DAC/Amp that is easy to use. I love things that just work. With the HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2,...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
The fit of Etymotic IEM's in general
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
BTW, the MC3 will be a sonic opposite of the skullcandy -- at first they will seem bright and missing bass. Again, give your ears/brain a day or 2 to get used to clean accurate sound. You can thank us later!
The best isolation is using the triple, and yes they are a bit uncomfortable..
I've only used the Gliders and the triple's, and there are differences in both sound and fit, Gliders are also a bit shorter so they dont go as far in as the triple's...
As u can read in other threads a lot of ppl use Shure Olives, and they can be the happy medium, but i never tried them..
Accurate sound yes, but the soundstage is thin and u feel a bit "isolated" both in fit and in soundstage with Ety.
But i grew to love my HF3 eventho i like a good amount basspunch (Hifi systems usually tho), but i dont want it to bleed into the music through iems and only focuse on this, and lower tier iems have to smack u over the head with sloppy bass to get noticed, and its in no way a good thing..
I guess the MC series is a good way to start, if one doesnt like the Ety sound, you havnt spent so much cash to try it out..
Congratulations. I have no idea how some of the people could describe the fit of Ety IEMs as torturous as they say. I prefer Ety's fit (and sound!) over all other IEMs including SE535, CK10 with hybrids, and customs.
I prefer the triples and the low weight of the phones, hate single tips and the shallow fit like the plague...
Im also used to hearing protection at work - foam and triples (at home too sometimes - wifes u know...), and now i use my HF3 as a music companion and to block out noise at work...
I dont find them fragile either, altho u cant yank or hang yourself in them, and over the ear fitment is the best, and in my case they can be pushed further in for a better sound, so one need to experiment with the fit depending on your earsize and so on..
Edited by Hemshemems - 10/5/11 at 12:30am
- The fit of Etymotic IEM's in general
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 33 seconds ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (8:CT6E, 7:H8P, 6:JH13,... 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Blackberry Z10 + Neutron Music Player = excellent Sound Quality 3 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 3 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK100ii 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Anyone heard of fake Shure SE846s? 4 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 4 minutes ago
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2