I've been considering getting the MC3's but the thing I've been worried about is the fit. I'm pretty sure that my ears are kind of small as I use the smallest set of buds that came with my Skullcandys(50/50) So I'm wondering about whether they will fit my ears because I've heard that Etymotics are very uncomfortable for most people in general.
Related Forum Threads
- IEM with noise isolation under $100, suggestions? Last post on 11/12/12 at 3:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need CHEAP IEM's with a remote in the cord and great fit/build quality. Are skullcandy the... Last post on 10/30/12 at 2:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NRB Mod... Nut Rattlin Bass from an Ety?!? Yes, Yes, YES!!! [How To] NRB Mod... Last post on 4/21/15 at 3:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinking of getting a half decent pair for while I'm on the move... Last post on 9/11/12 at 11:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- help me find the right iem for me Last post on 8/20/12 at 2:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I do not own this unit – I had this unit from @fnkcow With Impedance of 320ohm this earbuds need a good amp to show its worth. I use my phone during my first listen to the zen and it sounds...
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
The fit of Etymotic IEM's in general
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
BTW, the MC3 will be a sonic opposite of the skullcandy -- at first they will seem bright and missing bass. Again, give your ears/brain a day or 2 to get used to clean accurate sound. You can thank us later!
The best isolation is using the triple, and yes they are a bit uncomfortable..
I've only used the Gliders and the triple's, and there are differences in both sound and fit, Gliders are also a bit shorter so they dont go as far in as the triple's...
As u can read in other threads a lot of ppl use Shure Olives, and they can be the happy medium, but i never tried them..
Accurate sound yes, but the soundstage is thin and u feel a bit "isolated" both in fit and in soundstage with Ety.
But i grew to love my HF3 eventho i like a good amount basspunch (Hifi systems usually tho), but i dont want it to bleed into the music through iems and only focuse on this, and lower tier iems have to smack u over the head with sloppy bass to get noticed, and its in no way a good thing..
I guess the MC series is a good way to start, if one doesnt like the Ety sound, you havnt spent so much cash to try it out..
Congratulations. I have no idea how some of the people could describe the fit of Ety IEMs as torturous as they say. I prefer Ety's fit (and sound!) over all other IEMs including SE535, CK10 with hybrids, and customs.
I prefer the triples and the low weight of the phones, hate single tips and the shallow fit like the plague...
Im also used to hearing protection at work - foam and triples (at home too sometimes - wifes u know...), and now i use my HF3 as a music companion and to block out noise at work...
I dont find them fragile either, altho u cant yank or hang yourself in them, and over the ear fitment is the best, and in my case they can be pushed further in for a better sound, so one need to experiment with the fit depending on your earsize and so on..
Edited by Hemshemems - 10/5/11 at 12:30am
- The fit of Etymotic IEM's in general
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7) 17 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Best speakers for electronic music 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 2 minutes ago
- › It is odd but not peculiar... 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD2.2 w/ fazor 7 minutes ago
- › What would give me the best sound for Microlab solo 6c 9 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)