I've been considering getting the MC3's but the thing I've been worried about is the fit. I'm pretty sure that my ears are kind of small as I use the smallest set of buds that came with my Skullcandys(50/50) So I'm wondering about whether they will fit my ears because I've heard that Etymotics are very uncomfortable for most people in general.
Related Forum Threads
- IEM with noise isolation under $100, suggestions? Last post on 11/12/12 at 3:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need CHEAP IEM's with a remote in the cord and great fit/build quality. Are skullcandy the... Last post on 10/30/12 at 2:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NRB Mod... Nut Rattlin Bass from an Ety?!? Yes, Yes, YES!!! [How To] NRB Mod... Last post on 4/29/16 at 8:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinking of getting a half decent pair for while I'm on the move... Last post on 9/11/12 at 11:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- help me find the right iem for me Last post on 8/20/12 at 2:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
First of all, thank you so much to Ifi-Audio for sending me a black edition to review for free! Really awesome of them to involve the audio community to such a degree. I will keep this review...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
A great purchase for under 180 pounds, these headphones blow the direct competition away when it comes to almost everything. They arrive in a nice premium package with a thick, high grade cable for...
A reasonably priced pair of premium Open back headphones. They are well made and super comfortable and have a luxurious appearance well suited to home hi fi use. Unlike other hi fidelity phones...
The fit of Etymotic IEM's in general
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 1910/1/11 at 7:12pmYou should be fine. I have small ears too. Don't shove them in too deep, but not too shallow either. Just enough to get your seal. Another choice is for custom tips (100 dollars though).post #3 of 1910/1/11 at 7:18pmpost #4 of 1910/1/11 at 10:20pmEty tips feel uncomfortable for a day or 2, but you will like the sound so much that you will get used to the feel.
BTW, the MC3 will be a sonic opposite of the skullcandy -- at first they will seem bright and missing bass. Again, give your ears/brain a day or 2 to get used to clean accurate sound. You can thank us later!post #5 of 1910/2/11 at 12:14am
The best isolation is using the triple, and yes they are a bit uncomfortable..
I've only used the Gliders and the triple's, and there are differences in both sound and fit, Gliders are also a bit shorter so they dont go as far in as the triple's...
As u can read in other threads a lot of ppl use Shure Olives, and they can be the happy medium, but i never tried them..post #6 of 1910/2/11 at 12:28amThread Starterpost #7 of 1910/2/11 at 12:53am
Accurate sound yes, but the soundstage is thin and u feel a bit "isolated" both in fit and in soundstage with Ety.
But i grew to love my HF3 eventho i like a good amount basspunch (Hifi systems usually tho), but i dont want it to bleed into the music through iems and only focuse on this, and lower tier iems have to smack u over the head with sloppy bass to get noticed, and its in no way a good thing..
I guess the MC series is a good way to start, if one doesnt like the Ety sound, you havnt spent so much cash to try it out..post #8 of 1910/4/11 at 4:56pmThread Starterpost #9 of 1910/4/11 at 10:41pm
Congratulations. I have no idea how some of the people could describe the fit of Ety IEMs as torturous as they say. I prefer Ety's fit (and sound!) over all other IEMs including SE535, CK10 with hybrids, and customs.
Quote:post #10 of 1910/5/11 at 12:28amQuote:
I prefer the triples and the low weight of the phones, hate single tips and the shallow fit like the plague...
Im also used to hearing protection at work - foam and triples (at home too sometimes - wifes u know...), and now i use my HF3 as a music companion and to block out noise at work...
I dont find them fragile either, altho u cant yank or hang yourself in them, and over the ear fitment is the best, and in my case they can be pushed further in for a better sound, so one need to experiment with the fit depending on your earsize and so on..
Edited by Hemshemems - 10/5/11 at 12:30ampost #11 of 1910/6/11 at 8:14ampost #12 of 1910/6/11 at 10:30ampost #13 of 1910/6/11 at 2:19pmpost #14 of 1910/6/11 at 2:41pmpost #15 of 1910/6/11 at 3:02pmFor me the fit of etys (and triple flanges in general) are much too uncomfortable to warrant long term use. My ears are on the smallish side although I use medium tips with dbas and gr07. I think its more ear canal depth that is the problem and mine are just too shallow. Everyone should try them but in my experience something like ck10s or gr07 are much more comfortable to the point that I can forget they're there.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The fit of Etymotic IEM's in general
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 29 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by... 2 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 IEMs with box and all accessories 2 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow Amp recommendations 3 minutes ago
- › sennheiser cables hd650/600 (headroom fat pipe cardas and spc) 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 by Voxata
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by bapspidoff
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear