I've been considering getting the MC3's but the thing I've been worried about is the fit. I'm pretty sure that my ears are kind of small as I use the smallest set of buds that came with my Skullcandys(50/50) So I'm wondering about whether they will fit my ears because I've heard that Etymotics are very uncomfortable for most people in general.
Related Forum Threads
- IEM with noise isolation under $100, suggestions? Last post on 11/12/12 at 3:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need CHEAP IEM's with a remote in the cord and great fit/build quality. Are skullcandy the... Last post on 10/30/12 at 2:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NRB Mod... Nut Rattlin Bass from an Ety?!? Yes, Yes, YES!!! [How To] NRB Mod... Last post on 7/11/13 at 9:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinking of getting a half decent pair for while I'm on the move... Last post on 9/11/12 at 11:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- help me find the right iem for me Last post on 8/20/12 at 2:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
Last edited: 7/29/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Gaming)Last edited: 12/28/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
The fit of Etymotic IEM's in generalpost #2 of 1910/1/11 at 7:12pmYou should be fine. I have small ears too. Don't shove them in too deep, but not too shallow either. Just enough to get your seal. Another choice is for custom tips (100 dollars though).post #3 of 1910/1/11 at 7:18pmpost #4 of 1910/1/11 at 10:20pmEty tips feel uncomfortable for a day or 2, but you will like the sound so much that you will get used to the feel.
BTW, the MC3 will be a sonic opposite of the skullcandy -- at first they will seem bright and missing bass. Again, give your ears/brain a day or 2 to get used to clean accurate sound. You can thank us later!post #5 of 1910/2/11 at 12:14am
The best isolation is using the triple, and yes they are a bit uncomfortable..
I've only used the Gliders and the triple's, and there are differences in both sound and fit, Gliders are also a bit shorter so they dont go as far in as the triple's...
As u can read in other threads a lot of ppl use Shure Olives, and they can be the happy medium, but i never tried them..post #6 of 1910/2/11 at 12:28amThread Starterpost #7 of 1910/2/11 at 12:53am
Accurate sound yes, but the soundstage is thin and u feel a bit "isolated" both in fit and in soundstage with Ety.
But i grew to love my HF3 eventho i like a good amount basspunch (Hifi systems usually tho), but i dont want it to bleed into the music through iems and only focuse on this, and lower tier iems have to smack u over the head with sloppy bass to get noticed, and its in no way a good thing..
I guess the MC series is a good way to start, if one doesnt like the Ety sound, you havnt spent so much cash to try it out..post #8 of 1910/4/11 at 4:56pmThread Starterpost #9 of 1910/4/11 at 10:41pm
Congratulations. I have no idea how some of the people could describe the fit of Ety IEMs as torturous as they say. I prefer Ety's fit (and sound!) over all other IEMs including SE535, CK10 with hybrids, and customs.
Quote:post #10 of 1910/5/11 at 12:28amQuote:
I prefer the triples and the low weight of the phones, hate single tips and the shallow fit like the plague...
Im also used to hearing protection at work - foam and triples (at home too sometimes - wifes u know...), and now i use my HF3 as a music companion and to block out noise at work...
I dont find them fragile either, altho u cant yank or hang yourself in them, and over the ear fitment is the best, and in my case they can be pushed further in for a better sound, so one need to experiment with the fit depending on your earsize and so on..
Edited by Hemshemems - 10/5/11 at 12:30ampost #11 of 1910/6/11 at 8:14ampost #12 of 1910/6/11 at 10:30ampost #13 of 1910/6/11 at 2:19pmpost #14 of 1910/6/11 at 2:41pmpost #15 of 1910/6/11 at 3:02pmFor me the fit of etys (and triple flanges in general) are much too uncomfortable to warrant long term use. My ears are on the smallish side although I use medium tips with dbas and gr07. I think its more ear canal depth that is the problem and mine are just too shallow. Everyone should try them but in my experience something like ck10s or gr07 are much more comfortable to the point that I can forget they're there.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The fit of Etymotic IEM's in general
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Blind but now I see. 3 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 31 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 43 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 4 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude