I've been considering getting the MC3's but the thing I've been worried about is the fit. I'm pretty sure that my ears are kind of small as I use the smallest set of buds that came with my Skullcandys(50/50) So I'm wondering about whether they will fit my ears because I've heard that Etymotics are very uncomfortable for most people in general.
Related Forum Threads
- IEM with noise isolation under $100, suggestions? Last post on 11/12/12 at 3:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need CHEAP IEM's with a remote in the cord and great fit/build quality. Are skullcandy the... Last post on 10/30/12 at 2:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NRB Mod... Nut Rattlin Bass from an Ety?!? Yes, Yes, YES!!! [How To] NRB Mod... Last post on Yesterday at 4:19 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinking of getting a half decent pair for while I'm on the move... Last post on 9/11/12 at 11:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- help me find the right iem for me Last post on 8/20/12 at 2:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
My my, how time flies. It’s been over a year - and similarly over 136K views - since I wrote my original review for the Beryllium Xiaomi Pistons 2.0, or Xiaomi MK301. During the past year, I’ve...
Level: Amateur Mostly Experience: First Personal Pair We can all agree it's been reviewed too much? Good. My turn please... I'm aware of the reputation these carry, how audio should sound...
I wrote this on Amazon, thought I'd share it with you all. Please, ask questions. Audio Technica has crafted a pair of headphones that might make you second guess your pair of MX50s, or any...
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
The fit of Etymotic IEM's in general
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
BTW, the MC3 will be a sonic opposite of the skullcandy -- at first they will seem bright and missing bass. Again, give your ears/brain a day or 2 to get used to clean accurate sound. You can thank us later!
The best isolation is using the triple, and yes they are a bit uncomfortable..
I've only used the Gliders and the triple's, and there are differences in both sound and fit, Gliders are also a bit shorter so they dont go as far in as the triple's...
As u can read in other threads a lot of ppl use Shure Olives, and they can be the happy medium, but i never tried them..
Accurate sound yes, but the soundstage is thin and u feel a bit "isolated" both in fit and in soundstage with Ety.
But i grew to love my HF3 eventho i like a good amount basspunch (Hifi systems usually tho), but i dont want it to bleed into the music through iems and only focuse on this, and lower tier iems have to smack u over the head with sloppy bass to get noticed, and its in no way a good thing..
I guess the MC series is a good way to start, if one doesnt like the Ety sound, you havnt spent so much cash to try it out..
Congratulations. I have no idea how some of the people could describe the fit of Ety IEMs as torturous as they say. I prefer Ety's fit (and sound!) over all other IEMs including SE535, CK10 with hybrids, and customs.
I prefer the triples and the low weight of the phones, hate single tips and the shallow fit like the plague...
Im also used to hearing protection at work - foam and triples (at home too sometimes - wifes u know...), and now i use my HF3 as a music companion and to block out noise at work...
I dont find them fragile either, altho u cant yank or hang yourself in them, and over the ear fitment is the best, and in my case they can be pushed further in for a better sound, so one need to experiment with the fit depending on your earsize and so on..
Edited by Hemshemems - 10/5/11 at 12:30am
- The fit of Etymotic IEM's in general
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 13 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 20 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 35 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sony F886 32 GB WHITE 2 minutes ago
- › Budget open can with LOW clamping pressure 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by Rashmosh
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by ahnvx
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by LonghornTech
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2