Just wanting to know what people think is the best IEM when it comes to price and performance ratio
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/4/11
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 10/4/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/4/11
- productHiFiMAN RE272tagged by System, 10/4/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/4/11
- productPanasonic RP-HJE900tagged by System, 10/4/11
- productPhilips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acousticstagged by System, 10/4/11
- productSony MDR EX600tagged by System, 10/4/11
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 10/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- £100 IEMs, a little confused on what to get. Last post on 3/2/13 at 12:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM Last post on 9/27/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/13 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for deployment to Afghanistan? Last post on 7/25/12 at 12:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Klipsch x10i Last post on 9/19/12 at 3:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
The Best IEM For Performance and Price
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You kind of have to be more specific about what kind of sound you want; otherwise, recommending anything is a shot in the dark. There are lots of good buys out there, and different deals available all the time.
I listen to allot of Indie Rock; Alternative Rock and Funk, i also listen to some dubstep.
I'm mostly listening to bands like Arctic Monkeys mostly their songs from the last 3 albums which aren't as violent sounding as the first; Oasis; Jamiroquai; The Smiths; Red Hot Chili Peppers; Jimi Hendrix and The Beatles.
I also listen to less of David Bowie; Calvin Harris; The Libertines; Plan B; Vampire Weekend; Kings Of Leon and Kasabian. Bit of a long list but yeah
To be honest i could get the Sony MDR-EX 1000 if i get a part time job since i'm studying at College. Would only take 1 week to save the money with a job.
My recommendation stands then haha. I would buy the EX600 then buy the EX1000 if you love the EX600; there's no point in spending more money on something you might not like when it's little brother has the same sound signature.
I too am going to a university right now and just quit my job. I'm feeling the repercussions of not having money on hand
In England we generally have College and then University since we leave school at 16, So i'm in my last year of college and then i go to University if i want to.
In college you get A levels instead of GCSE and focus on one subject instead of many. I know it's confusing
Under the circumstances, I quite honestly wouldn't look past the GR07 or the EX600. The GR07 would receive my first and foremost recommendation, while the EX600 second, only because the EX600 won't isolate nearly as well as the GR07, and can only be worn over-ear. The GR07, on the other hand, can be worn either straight cable (as intended), or over-ear using the provided ear hooks. They're both all-rounders, and as per your original post, they both are among the best price:performance in-ears currently in the market, offering top tier sound quality. If the EX appeals to you, considering the price, I'd strongly recommend the EX600 over the EX1000, as it's less than half that of the EX1000, and quite close in performance. Nevertheless, from my experience, I've personally found most of my own friends and relatives to be far more accepting of the GR07 than the EX600, based on fit and comfort alone. In that sense, I too personally find the GR07 more 'universally accepted' among those I've shared them with. However, I myself rarely ever had a problem with either ones fit/comfort, though I do prefer the GR07 by a hair or two. As always, YMMV. All the best my friend!
I've compared the GR07 with the SM3 as well. I thought the SM3 was darkish compared to the more light hearted GR07 sound. But I spent less than 30mins on them both :S
My trigger finger is going berserk now hovering on the BUY button of the GR07....
The moment I sell my IE7.. and the Feels Pro 900.. I'll have just the right amount of cash for the GR07...
Edited by wilzc - 10/2/11 at 1:44pm
- The Best IEM For Performance and Price
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HD 650 Portable amp 1 minute ago
- › Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Explain your avatar 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › I need help choosing headphones? 4 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 5 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 6 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 7 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)