Just wanting to know what people think is the best IEM when it comes to price and performance ratio
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/4/11
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 10/4/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/4/11
- productHiFiMAN RE272tagged by System, 10/4/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/4/11
- productPanasonic RP-HJE900tagged by System, 10/4/11
- productPhilips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acousticstagged by System, 10/4/11
- productSony MDR EX600tagged by System, 10/4/11
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 10/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- £100 IEMs, a little confused on what to get. Last post on 3/2/13 at 12:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM Last post on 9/27/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for deployment to Afghanistan? Last post on 7/25/12 at 12:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Klipsch x10i Last post on 9/19/12 at 3:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Disclaimer: Bhavneet from Burson Audio offered to send me the Cable+, with no return required, asking me only to post my honest evaluation of its performance when used with the Chromecast...
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
A very good DAC and headphone AMP for the price. A clear improvement in sound quality from my laptop for headphones, even ones that already sounded good, this gives a much cleaner,clearer and more...
This is my first really good quality Digital Audio Player. I have used a range of Audiophile headphones on it. If you're used to digital Sony Walkmans of days gone by you will recognize the simple,...
My favorite pair of headphones, and considering I own the Sennheiser HD598s, that is saying something. They look fantastic, very stylish indeed, they are extremely comfortable, infact the ear pads...
The Best IEM For Performance and Pricepost #1 of 7010/1/11 at 5:49pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 7010/1/11 at 6:19pmpost #3 of 7010/1/11 at 6:27pm
You kind of have to be more specific about what kind of sound you want; otherwise, recommending anything is a shot in the dark. There are lots of good buys out there, and different deals available all the time.post #4 of 7010/1/11 at 11:35pmpost #5 of 7010/2/11 at 9:10amThread Starterpost #6 of 7010/2/11 at 9:22amThread Starterpost #7 of 7010/2/11 at 10:09ampost #8 of 7010/2/11 at 10:48amThread Starter
I listen to allot of Indie Rock; Alternative Rock and Funk, i also listen to some dubstep.
I'm mostly listening to bands like Arctic Monkeys mostly their songs from the last 3 albums which aren't as violent sounding as the first; Oasis; Jamiroquai; The Smiths; Red Hot Chili Peppers; Jimi Hendrix and The Beatles.
I also listen to less of David Bowie; Calvin Harris; The Libertines; Plan B; Vampire Weekend; Kings Of Leon and Kasabian. Bit of a long list but yeah
To be honest i could get the Sony MDR-EX 1000 if i get a part time job since i'm studying at College. Would only take 1 week to save the money with a job.post #9 of 7010/2/11 at 11:48am
My recommendation stands then haha. I would buy the EX600 then buy the EX1000 if you love the EX600; there's no point in spending more money on something you might not like when it's little brother has the same sound signature.
I too am going to a university right now and just quit my job. I'm feeling the repercussions of not having money on handpost #10 of 7010/2/11 at 12:21pmThread Starter
In England we generally have College and then University since we leave school at 16, So i'm in my last year of college and then i go to University if i want to.
In college you get A levels instead of GCSE and focus on one subject instead of many. I know it's confusingpost #11 of 7010/2/11 at 1:06pm
Under the circumstances, I quite honestly wouldn't look past the GR07 or the EX600. The GR07 would receive my first and foremost recommendation, while the EX600 second, only because the EX600 won't isolate nearly as well as the GR07, and can only be worn over-ear. The GR07, on the other hand, can be worn either straight cable (as intended), or over-ear using the provided ear hooks. They're both all-rounders, and as per your original post, they both are among the best price:performance in-ears currently in the market, offering top tier sound quality. If the EX appeals to you, considering the price, I'd strongly recommend the EX600 over the EX1000, as it's less than half that of the EX1000, and quite close in performance. Nevertheless, from my experience, I've personally found most of my own friends and relatives to be far more accepting of the GR07 than the EX600, based on fit and comfort alone. In that sense, I too personally find the GR07 more 'universally accepted' among those I've shared them with. However, I myself rarely ever had a problem with either ones fit/comfort, though I do prefer the GR07 by a hair or two. As always, YMMV. All the best my friend!post #12 of 7010/2/11 at 1:19pmx2 on the GR07 vote for about the same reasons. Bang for the buck they are exceptional, easily comparable or better (depending on preference) to many $3-400 IEM's. For example I think they are better than my SM3.post #13 of 7010/2/11 at 1:42pmQuote:
I've compared the GR07 with the SM3 as well. I thought the SM3 was darkish compared to the more light hearted GR07 sound. But I spent less than 30mins on them both :S
My trigger finger is going berserk now hovering on the BUY button of the GR07....
The moment I sell my IE7.. and the Feels Pro 900.. I'll have just the right amount of cash for the GR07...
Edited by wilzc - 10/2/11 at 1:44pmpost #14 of 7010/2/11 at 1:43pmThread Starterpost #15 of 7010/2/11 at 1:53pm1yr from authorized sellers. But take a look in the impressions thread, someone just posted a link to an eBay sale that is for $155 which at that price just throw on a squaretrade 2nd replacement warranty and your all set. It's the new fit kit version too.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Best IEM For Performance and Price
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 second ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 24 seconds ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. 1-17-2017 Now... 36 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 1 minute ago
- › How can I calculate my listening level on some cases? 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 1 minute ago
- › Toronto GTA Meet January 2017 with Cayin! 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP60 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear