Just wanting to know what people think is the best IEM when it comes to price and performance ratio
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/4/11
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 10/4/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/4/11
- productHiFiMAN RE272tagged by System, 10/4/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/4/11
- productPanasonic RP-HJE900tagged by System, 10/4/11
- productPhilips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acousticstagged by System, 10/4/11
- productSony MDR EX600tagged by System, 10/4/11
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 10/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- £100 IEMs, a little confused on what to get. Last post on 3/2/13 at 12:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM Last post on 9/27/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/13 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for deployment to Afghanistan? Last post on 7/25/12 at 12:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Klipsch x10i Last post on 9/19/12 at 3:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
The Best IEM For Performance and Price
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You kind of have to be more specific about what kind of sound you want; otherwise, recommending anything is a shot in the dark. There are lots of good buys out there, and different deals available all the time.
I listen to allot of Indie Rock; Alternative Rock and Funk, i also listen to some dubstep.
I'm mostly listening to bands like Arctic Monkeys mostly their songs from the last 3 albums which aren't as violent sounding as the first; Oasis; Jamiroquai; The Smiths; Red Hot Chili Peppers; Jimi Hendrix and The Beatles.
I also listen to less of David Bowie; Calvin Harris; The Libertines; Plan B; Vampire Weekend; Kings Of Leon and Kasabian. Bit of a long list but yeah
To be honest i could get the Sony MDR-EX 1000 if i get a part time job since i'm studying at College. Would only take 1 week to save the money with a job.
My recommendation stands then haha. I would buy the EX600 then buy the EX1000 if you love the EX600; there's no point in spending more money on something you might not like when it's little brother has the same sound signature.
I too am going to a university right now and just quit my job. I'm feeling the repercussions of not having money on hand
In England we generally have College and then University since we leave school at 16, So i'm in my last year of college and then i go to University if i want to.
In college you get A levels instead of GCSE and focus on one subject instead of many. I know it's confusing
Under the circumstances, I quite honestly wouldn't look past the GR07 or the EX600. The GR07 would receive my first and foremost recommendation, while the EX600 second, only because the EX600 won't isolate nearly as well as the GR07, and can only be worn over-ear. The GR07, on the other hand, can be worn either straight cable (as intended), or over-ear using the provided ear hooks. They're both all-rounders, and as per your original post, they both are among the best price:performance in-ears currently in the market, offering top tier sound quality. If the EX appeals to you, considering the price, I'd strongly recommend the EX600 over the EX1000, as it's less than half that of the EX1000, and quite close in performance. Nevertheless, from my experience, I've personally found most of my own friends and relatives to be far more accepting of the GR07 than the EX600, based on fit and comfort alone. In that sense, I too personally find the GR07 more 'universally accepted' among those I've shared them with. However, I myself rarely ever had a problem with either ones fit/comfort, though I do prefer the GR07 by a hair or two. As always, YMMV. All the best my friend!
I've compared the GR07 with the SM3 as well. I thought the SM3 was darkish compared to the more light hearted GR07 sound. But I spent less than 30mins on them both :S
My trigger finger is going berserk now hovering on the BUY button of the GR07....
The moment I sell my IE7.. and the Feels Pro 900.. I'll have just the right amount of cash for the GR07...
Edited by wilzc - 10/2/11 at 1:44pm
- The Best IEM For Performance and Price
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › how much of your music collection have you actually listened to? 22 seconds ago
- › Sweet little free crossfeed plug-in for Audirvana 1 minute ago
- › whats so good about beats headphones? 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › So called fun sound signature 3 minutes ago
- › [Updated] Consolidation Sale 3.0 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)