OH LOL - definitely not 12kHz in terms of EQ bands! Way too wide as you said. But I've found the occasional high Q very narrow spikes past 12k less harmful than similar spikes from 6 to 9k.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Official Grado-Beyerdynamic Fan Club (for those who love BOTH! :) Last post on 11/14/12 at 5:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- 5-year Re-Review: Audio-Technica ATH-AD2000 Last post on 3/8/12 at 11:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best cans with the GS-1 Last post on 8/5/11 at 7:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- want to know which and where to purchase full size headphone with best bass to use with SVS Smyth... Last post on 11/5/10 at 4:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Perfect Can Last post on 10/24/10 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok before...
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
T1 channel imbalance (and Beyer Tesla headphone variance issues) - Page 5post #61 of 8311/17/11 at 11:19amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 8311/17/11 at 12:16pm
Of course, it probably depends on how loud the spikes are and on the listening material as well. Going back to ATH-A900, you don't hear this spike at 12 khz normally, only with occasional S'es, cymbals and high pitched instruments, as I mentioned. Then you understand something is not quite rightpost #63 of 832/20/12 at 6:34pm
for revealing high order harmonics in stringed instument named Piano t1 are effective end of story enough said good with low harmonics too though, basically they take getting used to people used to wonder what would happen when a plane broke through the sound barrier some thought the plane would explode turns out it becomes calm, the t1 has this effect as once you achieve break 1 tesla all is calm and clear . sha ding.. as for the channel imbalance said person may have burned in his pair with un harmonic music henece its unharmounic out put! be nice to your t1 and they will be nice too !post #64 of 832/20/12 at 9:58pmpost #65 of 832/20/12 at 10:51pm
I'm assuming something similar to this:
Considering the non-gaussianity of implicit assumptions (Malmquist, 1936), there is a straightforward solution: to bootstrap a majority of the generalized principal components.
Taking account of the robustness of wavelet transforms (Einstein, 1913), it would be interesting to correct the major part of the photometric least-square estimates.
Assuming the asymmetry of analytical integrations (Malmquist, 1936), it is appropriate to simulate by Monte-Carlo all quantiles of the biased methods.
http://wwwhip.obspm.fr/~arenou/astropipotron.en.html : automatic sentence generatorpost #66 of 832/21/12 at 2:40pmThread Starter
I've listened to quite a few pairs and it's taken me a year to finally hear a grade A T1 again! Two T1's I've heard recently are grade B. Another was grade C (or F depending upon how you like to look at it.)
Here's how the grade C measures. It basically sounds thin and pretty much like crap. It's my belief that extremely poor driver matching brings you the worst of both channels.
Here's how the grade B measures. It sounds bright - in a strident kind of way - I am trying to be polite here instead of my usual self.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to measure any of the grade A T1s. The Grade A sound very nice and are similar to foam modded HD800s with a slight narrow peak in the treble.
The distributions of T1s I've heard are as follows. These are based subjective impressions.
x3 Grade A (A HF'er in the SF Bay Area, 2010 Bay Area meet, 2011 Bay Area meet)
x2 Grade B (2011 Bay Area meet, A HF'er in OC)
x1 Grade C (A HF'er who send in pair for measurements)
Edited by purrin - 2/21/12 at 2:41pmpost #67 of 832/21/12 at 11:37pmThat's weird. I wonder what grade my T1 is. I bought it from Meier Audio in December.
Im curious though, did you base those observations on their actual sound before or after measuring the response curves?post #68 of 832/21/12 at 11:50pm
I'm also curious. But I get the feeling mine are of the better cut since the highs are actually quite sweet and very rarely ever show any sibilance. Certainly less bright than the HD800's I tested anyway.post #69 of 832/22/12 at 12:13am
Apart from driver matching, FR isn't really an issue for me as that's a more subjective than technical issue for most. What bothers me that I've heard in every T1 is the varying degree of issues wrt impulse response and distortion.
These attributes are what I tend to think of as 'refinement' in an overall sound signature. Even though the 'A' grade T1 was better than the rest there was still that hint of unrefined character that even the DT880 doesn't seem to have. Could be why many prefer the T1 for genres like Rock where crunch is better than liquidity, just a guess.post #70 of 832/22/12 at 7:22amThread StarterQuote:
Sounds like you got a good one.post #71 of 832/22/12 at 11:17am
Did you happen to record the serial numbers for the different "grades" of T1s? It seems to me that the newer models have far less of a treble peak. My T1 is in the SN51XX range and it seems to mirror InnerFidelity's results for the SN3964 T1. The graphs for the earlier T1 are pretty ugly, and I doubt I would be happy with a can that ran so hot in the treble.
Edited by misformatt - 2/22/12 at 5:01pmpost #72 of 832/22/12 at 4:31pm
I'm both intrigued and concerned. The T1 is the only pair of open headphones I own, and I have been debating on trying the T1.
I love my T1, but now I can't help but wonder how balanced or imbalanced my T1 is.post #73 of 836/20/12 at 12:00amThread Starter
Three DT1350 measurements.
- Two of two T1s sound and measure differently.
- Three of three DT1350s sound and measure differently.
Edited by purrin - 6/23/12 at 10:10pmpost #74 of 836/20/12 at 2:34am
Actually you have a measurement of a fourth DT1350 if you consider mine using the HD25 velour pads. You could show this as well in how it brings down the bass on that upper one which is mine. I feel having the velour pads makes the sound a little more balanced.
- T1 channel imbalance (and Beyer Tesla headphone variance issues)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Harmon Kardon Harkar BT or...HD 598 or ATH50? 8 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 39 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 42 seconds ago
- › AudioValve RKV-II (OTL amp) (2014 version) + AudioValve Box... 1 minute ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 2 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 3 minutes ago
- › Programs used for HiFi listening 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)