OH LOL - definitely not 12kHz in terms of EQ bands! Way too wide as you said. But I've found the occasional high Q very narrow spikes past 12k less harmful than similar spikes from 6 to 9k.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Official Grado-Beyerdynamic Fan Club (for those who love BOTH! :) Last post on 11/14/12 at 5:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- 5-year Re-Review: Audio-Technica ATH-AD2000 Last post on 3/8/12 at 11:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best cans with the GS-1 Last post on 8/5/11 at 7:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- want to know which and where to purchase full size headphone with best bass to use with SVS Smyth... Last post on 11/5/10 at 4:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Perfect Can Last post on 10/24/10 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
I love the Beyerdynamic dt770 250 Ohms. After searching high and low for a closed back headphone I fell upon these knowing that I would carry an amp. With the Cayin C5 - High gain at about 2.5...
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
T1 channel imbalance (and Beyer Tesla headphone variance issues) - Page 5post #61 of 8311/17/11 at 11:19amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 8311/17/11 at 12:16pm
Of course, it probably depends on how loud the spikes are and on the listening material as well. Going back to ATH-A900, you don't hear this spike at 12 khz normally, only with occasional S'es, cymbals and high pitched instruments, as I mentioned. Then you understand something is not quite rightpost #63 of 832/20/12 at 6:34pm
for revealing high order harmonics in stringed instument named Piano t1 are effective end of story enough said good with low harmonics too though, basically they take getting used to people used to wonder what would happen when a plane broke through the sound barrier some thought the plane would explode turns out it becomes calm, the t1 has this effect as once you achieve break 1 tesla all is calm and clear . sha ding.. as for the channel imbalance said person may have burned in his pair with un harmonic music henece its unharmounic out put! be nice to your t1 and they will be nice too !post #64 of 832/20/12 at 9:58pmpost #65 of 832/20/12 at 10:51pm
I'm assuming something similar to this:
Considering the non-gaussianity of implicit assumptions (Malmquist, 1936), there is a straightforward solution: to bootstrap a majority of the generalized principal components.
Taking account of the robustness of wavelet transforms (Einstein, 1913), it would be interesting to correct the major part of the photometric least-square estimates.
Assuming the asymmetry of analytical integrations (Malmquist, 1936), it is appropriate to simulate by Monte-Carlo all quantiles of the biased methods.
http://wwwhip.obspm.fr/~arenou/astropipotron.en.html : automatic sentence generatorpost #66 of 832/21/12 at 2:40pmThread Starter
I've listened to quite a few pairs and it's taken me a year to finally hear a grade A T1 again! Two T1's I've heard recently are grade B. Another was grade C (or F depending upon how you like to look at it.)
Here's how the grade C measures. It basically sounds thin and pretty much like crap. It's my belief that extremely poor driver matching brings you the worst of both channels.
Here's how the grade B measures. It sounds bright - in a strident kind of way - I am trying to be polite here instead of my usual self.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to measure any of the grade A T1s. The Grade A sound very nice and are similar to foam modded HD800s with a slight narrow peak in the treble.
The distributions of T1s I've heard are as follows. These are based subjective impressions.
x3 Grade A (A HF'er in the SF Bay Area, 2010 Bay Area meet, 2011 Bay Area meet)
x2 Grade B (2011 Bay Area meet, A HF'er in OC)
x1 Grade C (A HF'er who send in pair for measurements)
Edited by purrin - 2/21/12 at 2:41pmpost #67 of 832/21/12 at 11:37pmThat's weird. I wonder what grade my T1 is. I bought it from Meier Audio in December.
Im curious though, did you base those observations on their actual sound before or after measuring the response curves?post #68 of 832/21/12 at 11:50pm
I'm also curious. But I get the feeling mine are of the better cut since the highs are actually quite sweet and very rarely ever show any sibilance. Certainly less bright than the HD800's I tested anyway.post #69 of 832/22/12 at 12:13am
Apart from driver matching, FR isn't really an issue for me as that's a more subjective than technical issue for most. What bothers me that I've heard in every T1 is the varying degree of issues wrt impulse response and distortion.
These attributes are what I tend to think of as 'refinement' in an overall sound signature. Even though the 'A' grade T1 was better than the rest there was still that hint of unrefined character that even the DT880 doesn't seem to have. Could be why many prefer the T1 for genres like Rock where crunch is better than liquidity, just a guess.post #70 of 832/22/12 at 7:22amThread StarterQuote:
Sounds like you got a good one.post #71 of 832/22/12 at 11:17am
Did you happen to record the serial numbers for the different "grades" of T1s? It seems to me that the newer models have far less of a treble peak. My T1 is in the SN51XX range and it seems to mirror InnerFidelity's results for the SN3964 T1. The graphs for the earlier T1 are pretty ugly, and I doubt I would be happy with a can that ran so hot in the treble.
Edited by misformatt - 2/22/12 at 5:01pmpost #72 of 832/22/12 at 4:31pm
I'm both intrigued and concerned. The T1 is the only pair of open headphones I own, and I have been debating on trying the T1.
I love my T1, but now I can't help but wonder how balanced or imbalanced my T1 is.post #73 of 836/20/12 at 12:00amThread Starter
Three DT1350 measurements.
- Two of two T1s sound and measure differently.
- Three of three DT1350s sound and measure differently.
Edited by purrin - 6/23/12 at 10:10pmpost #74 of 836/20/12 at 2:34am
Actually you have a measurement of a fourth DT1350 if you consider mine using the HD25 velour pads. You could show this as well in how it brings down the bass on that upper one which is mine. I feel having the velour pads makes the sound a little more balanced.
- T1 channel imbalance (and Beyer Tesla headphone variance issues)
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 2 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 25 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 $SOLD, Worldwide 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen |... 2 minutes ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 2 minutes ago
- › AKG's new K872? 3 minutes ago
- › 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1,... 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 5 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...