Looking to get another pair of headphones and saw the lifehacker article with you guys generally suggesting the M50. I was previously looking at the K-271 MK II, and was wondering if you guys suggested the M50 over the K-271 MK II... why? :)
- productAKG K 271 MK IItagged by System, 10/2/11
- productAKG K271 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 3/7/13
- productAKG K 271 Studiotagged by System, 3/7/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 3/7/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/2/11
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 10/2/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/2/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/2/11
Related Forum Threads
- K271 II was stolen. Replacement ideas? Last post on 7/22/11 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- What should my first purchase be? Last post on 11/17/10 at 1:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K272 HD vs AKG K271 Mk. II vs Shure SRH940? Last post on 9/6/11 at 1:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K271 MKI vs MKII Last post on 7/26/11 at 7:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading from a K271 MK II to a K601?? Last post on 7/20/11 at 5:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRO:- Shozy, A brand that hails from HongKong, going strong since 2012, better known for their amplifiers, DAPs and DACs has the mighty popular Shozy Alien that looks, sounds and...
1) Disclaimer: A big thanks to Charles and Burson for offering me a review sample of the V5i dual op-amps in exchange for my honest opinion on them. No other compensation was offered or implied....
Being a tester and owner of many digital portable players , I had to participate to the head-fi review tour for Soundaware, especially since all the players of the brand have interested me for...
Unboxing and Packaging The ShareMe 5 arrived in a box that looks similar to the ShareMe Pro, but thicker. The packing inside is slightly nicer looking. The plastic container holding the...
This is my review originally posted on http://www.earphonia.com/2016/10/24/ibasso-it03-review/ I was honoured to be approached by iBasso with their first venture into IEM territory and they...
ATH-M50 vs AKG K-271 MK II
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 710/1/11 at 4:29pm
I have both and actually prefer the K271 over the M50. The K271 provides better detail and the M50 has too much bass for me. I can understand why people would prefer the M50 as people also prefer Bose and Beats because they like that big boomy sound. Different strokes.post #3 of 710/1/11 at 5:26pmI have the M50s, and I'm pretty happy with them. Yes, I do agree that they are bass heavy, but I covered up some of the holes and the mids really came out.
I don't have the K271 so I can't be certain, but I'd say the M50s are more portable since they fold up. The detachable cable the K217 looks nice though^^post #4 of 710/1/11 at 8:18pmTotally different leagues. In my opinion, the K271's are so far above the M50's I feel it's not even fair to compare. Absolutely fantastic mids and detail, and the bass, while a little lean, is entirely present. Soundstage is also better on the K271's, though don't expect huge spacious sound. On that note, you can improve the soundstage of the K271's by using the velour pads it comes with, if you feel the vinyl pads don't offer sufficient soundstage.
Edited by Kukuk - 10/1/11 at 8:20pmpost #5 of 710/2/11 at 9:14amThread Starterpost #6 of 710/2/11 at 9:44am
I have heard that it's really picky and requires a certain synergy, so I wouldn't put it with just any amp until you get some more opinions. I don't think the DAC will make much of a difference as long as you get the amp right.
- ATH-M50 vs AKG K-271 MK II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 1 minute ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern XB10 Extreme Bluetooth Adapter 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Popular Classical Music 3 minutes ago
- › ShareMe 5 Bluetooth Headphone Impression and Reviews Wanted Globally 3 minutes ago
- › [Reviewers Wanted] World Tour for Cayin i5 - Android based AK4490... 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? 4 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Soundaware Esther by Fabaaroan
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by pkshiu
- › iBasso IT03 by sonickarma
- › Jomo Audio Samba Pro CIEM by sonickarma
- › Elephone Whisper by mark2410
- › OPPO PM-1 by maxh22
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by rebbi
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...