Looking to get another pair of headphones and saw the lifehacker article with you guys generally suggesting the M50. I was previously looking at the K-271 MK II, and was wondering if you guys suggested the M50 over the K-271 MK II... why? :)
- productAKG K 271 MK IItagged by System, 10/2/11
- productAKG K271 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 3/7/13
- productAKG K 271 Studiotagged by System, 3/7/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 3/7/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/2/11
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 10/2/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/2/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/2/11
Related Forum Threads
- K271 II was stolen. Replacement ideas? Last post on 7/22/11 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- What should my first purchase be? Last post on 11/17/10 at 1:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K272 HD vs AKG K271 Mk. II vs Shure SRH940? Last post on 9/6/11 at 1:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K271 MKI vs MKII Last post on 7/26/11 at 7:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading from a K271 MK II to a K601?? Last post on 7/20/11 at 5:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Before the Lyr 2 I owned two hybrid headphone amplifiers: the Hifiman EF2A, and the Maverick Audio A1. What both those entry level amplifiers lacked was the power and sonic dynamics to drive my...
I've spent about a month with Cayin N6 DAP, and I'd like to share my thoughts about it. There is few really great reviews of this DAP, so I won't repeat them again, describing it's box,...
ATH-M50 vs AKG K-271 MK II
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 710/1/11 at 4:29pm
I have both and actually prefer the K271 over the M50. The K271 provides better detail and the M50 has too much bass for me. I can understand why people would prefer the M50 as people also prefer Bose and Beats because they like that big boomy sound. Different strokes.post #3 of 710/1/11 at 5:26pmI have the M50s, and I'm pretty happy with them. Yes, I do agree that they are bass heavy, but I covered up some of the holes and the mids really came out.
I don't have the K271 so I can't be certain, but I'd say the M50s are more portable since they fold up. The detachable cable the K217 looks nice though^^post #4 of 710/1/11 at 8:18pmTotally different leagues. In my opinion, the K271's are so far above the M50's I feel it's not even fair to compare. Absolutely fantastic mids and detail, and the bass, while a little lean, is entirely present. Soundstage is also better on the K271's, though don't expect huge spacious sound. On that note, you can improve the soundstage of the K271's by using the velour pads it comes with, if you feel the vinyl pads don't offer sufficient soundstage.
Edited by Kukuk - 10/1/11 at 8:20pmpost #5 of 710/2/11 at 9:14amThread Starterpost #6 of 710/2/11 at 9:44am
I have heard that it's really picky and requires a certain synergy, so I wouldn't put it with just any amp until you get some more opinions. I don't think the DAC will make much of a difference as long as you get the amp right.
- ATH-M50 vs AKG K-271 MK II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 39 seconds ago
- › Centrance Mini-M8 1 minute ago
- › AKG K702 (The Classic) vs. K612 Pro (The Upstart) – Review and... 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2