Looking to get another pair of headphones and saw the lifehacker article with you guys generally suggesting the M50. I was previously looking at the K-271 MK II, and was wondering if you guys suggested the M50 over the K-271 MK II... why? :)
- productAKG K 271 MK IItagged by System, 10/2/11
- productAKG K271 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 3/7/13
- productAKG K 271 Studiotagged by System, 3/7/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 3/7/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/2/11
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 10/2/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/2/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/2/11
Related Forum Threads
- K271 II was stolen. Replacement ideas? Last post on 7/22/11 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- What should my first purchase be? Last post on 11/17/10 at 1:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K272 HD vs AKG K271 Mk. II vs Shure SRH940? Last post on 9/6/11 at 1:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K271 MKI vs MKII Last post on 7/26/11 at 7:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading from a K271 MK II to a K601?? Last post on 7/20/11 at 5:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The iFi Audio Micro iDSD was sent to me by iFi with help from their Norwegian distributor Audioaktøren for the purpose of doing this review and including it in my recently started $250+ amp/DAC...
This is pretty much the same weightless, rickety, tiny player apparently offered by Kogan, oRiver, Ritmix, etc. It comes decently boxed with a soft pouch, USB cable, and nice looking (if...
Aune M2 Pro Review Intro : Since the past few years I had kept myself away from trying out any new DAPs or audio gear since I was pretty satisfied with my Fiio X5 (1st gen) and Sansa Clip...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
ATH-M50 vs AKG K-271 MK II
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 710/1/11 at 4:29pm
I have both and actually prefer the K271 over the M50. The K271 provides better detail and the M50 has too much bass for me. I can understand why people would prefer the M50 as people also prefer Bose and Beats because they like that big boomy sound. Different strokes.post #3 of 710/1/11 at 5:26pmI have the M50s, and I'm pretty happy with them. Yes, I do agree that they are bass heavy, but I covered up some of the holes and the mids really came out.
I don't have the K271 so I can't be certain, but I'd say the M50s are more portable since they fold up. The detachable cable the K217 looks nice though^^post #4 of 710/1/11 at 8:18pmTotally different leagues. In my opinion, the K271's are so far above the M50's I feel it's not even fair to compare. Absolutely fantastic mids and detail, and the bass, while a little lean, is entirely present. Soundstage is also better on the K271's, though don't expect huge spacious sound. On that note, you can improve the soundstage of the K271's by using the velour pads it comes with, if you feel the vinyl pads don't offer sufficient soundstage.
Edited by Kukuk - 10/1/11 at 8:20pmpost #5 of 710/2/11 at 9:14amThread Starterpost #6 of 710/2/11 at 9:44am
I have heard that it's really picky and requires a certain synergy, so I wouldn't put it with just any amp until you get some more opinions. I don't think the DAC will make much of a difference as long as you get the amp right.
- ATH-M50 vs AKG K-271 MK II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Football (Soccer) Fans Gather 13 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-WM1 HI-END DAP 20 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 4 minutes ago
- › Dilemma: Keep HD 700 and purchase Woo Audio WA7 2nd Gen for it, or... 4 minutes ago
- › Echobox Finder X1 review/impressions/discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 5 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-E70, ATH-E50, ATH-E40 IEMs announced at NAMM 2016 6 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by peter123
- › Basic M90 by Lad3
- › Aune M2 32BIT DSD portable music player by Faheem
- › Westone MMCX Bluetooth Cable, 78548 by twister6
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...