Looking to get another pair of headphones and saw the lifehacker article with you guys generally suggesting the M50. I was previously looking at the K-271 MK II, and was wondering if you guys suggested the M50 over the K-271 MK II... why? :)
- productAKG K 271 MK IItagged by System, 10/2/11
- productAKG K271 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 3/7/13
- productAKG K 271 Studiotagged by System, 3/7/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 3/7/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/2/11
- productHE-5LEtagged by System, 10/2/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/2/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/2/11
Related Forum Threads
- K271 II was stolen. Replacement ideas? Last post on 7/22/11 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- What should my first purchase be? Last post on 11/17/10 at 1:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K272 HD vs AKG K271 Mk. II vs Shure SRH940? Last post on 9/6/11 at 1:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K271 MKI vs MKII Last post on 7/26/11 at 7:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading from a K271 MK II to a K601?? Last post on 7/20/11 at 5:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
ATH-M50 vs AKG K-271 MK II
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 710/1/11 at 4:29pm
I have both and actually prefer the K271 over the M50. The K271 provides better detail and the M50 has too much bass for me. I can understand why people would prefer the M50 as people also prefer Bose and Beats because they like that big boomy sound. Different strokes.post #3 of 710/1/11 at 5:26pmI have the M50s, and I'm pretty happy with them. Yes, I do agree that they are bass heavy, but I covered up some of the holes and the mids really came out.
I don't have the K271 so I can't be certain, but I'd say the M50s are more portable since they fold up. The detachable cable the K217 looks nice though^^post #4 of 710/1/11 at 8:18pmTotally different leagues. In my opinion, the K271's are so far above the M50's I feel it's not even fair to compare. Absolutely fantastic mids and detail, and the bass, while a little lean, is entirely present. Soundstage is also better on the K271's, though don't expect huge spacious sound. On that note, you can improve the soundstage of the K271's by using the velour pads it comes with, if you feel the vinyl pads don't offer sufficient soundstage.
Edited by Kukuk - 10/1/11 at 8:20pmpost #5 of 710/2/11 at 9:14amThread Starterpost #6 of 710/2/11 at 9:44am
I have heard that it's really picky and requires a certain synergy, so I wouldn't put it with just any amp until you get some more opinions. I don't think the DAC will make much of a difference as long as you get the amp right.
- ATH-M50 vs AKG K-271 MK II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 27 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area mini meet May 2nd 2015 (CanJam after party!!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 3 minutes ago
- › The Accudio app by golden ears, a headphone revolution. 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600) 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 5 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 5 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2