- 17,442 Posts. Joined 5/2004
- Location: Mid Johor, Malaysia.
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Yet another "best IEM for ~€120 ($150)" thread Last post on 11/2/12 at 5:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Request: Best Analytical IEM sub-$100 Last post on 10/1/12 at 3:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- £100 IEMs, a little confused on what to get. Last post on 3/2/13 at 12:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ety's vs. Fischer? Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs like AKG 70x? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of New Zealand tour arranged by @Brooko & @Andykong, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
Ok so it is 2017 and I'm late to the party but I just got this headphone from Singapore Jaben because it seems they were clearing their stock. I got this for a whooping $34.90 SGD!! When I looked...
Have you ever felt like the spark that used to be there just vanished? That the world, once bright and colorful became bland and dull over time? That you no longer feel the joy, the excitement and...
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
Heard these with Chord Hugo and boy oh boy was I unimpressed... These are not worth anywhere their price point where their sound is concerned. Decently comfortable though. (The sound signature...
[REVIEW] Brainwavz B2 - Page 2post #16 of 3011/23/11 at 10:18amThread StarterWhat is a 'high SD'? Assuming you are talking about value - I would still give it a high value rating if it has better build quality but cost $50 more. If it cost over $50 more, I'll have to rethink about its value.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 3011/23/11 at 10:30amQuote:
yea, value. a 5/5. your SD start from 4.75 right?
and thanks, it's good for reference when going for something $200+post #18 of 3011/23/11 at 10:45ampost #19 of 3011/24/11 at 12:30amThread StarterQuote:SD starts from 4.85.Quote:
Yes, B2 and FXT90 are totally different in sound signature. B2 is analytical while FXT90 is mid-centric. They are both really good value, it all depends on which sound you are more attractive to.post #20 of 3011/24/11 at 5:56amQuote:
post #21 of 302/4/12 at 1:54am
I'm surprised that you say there was not much change with burn-in. When I first tried the B2 I found them to be painfully bright. A very harsh treble sound. I was amazed how much that smoothed out after 30-50 hours.Now I find them to be a very good IEM. I still like the $39 Koss KSC75 better, especially with Kramer mods. Of course the KSC75 doesn't provide isolation.post #22 of 302/4/12 at 9:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by stewart572
I'm surprised that you say there was not much change with burn-in. When I first tried the B2 I found them to be painfully bright. A very harsh treble sound. I was amazed how much that smoothed out after 30-50 hours.Now I find them to be a very good IEM. I still like the $39 Koss KSC75 better, especially with Kramer mods. Of course the KSC75 doesn't provide isolation.
I noticed this as well since I specifically heard a slight loss in the mid-bass (creating more of a bass body size vs actual mid-bass impact and giving more spotlight to sub-bass). Treble did de-harshen a bit. I'm still not sure whether or not this is due to better fit with tips or actual driver burn in. I'm pretty sure it'd be both (nature vs nurture type of deal), but which one did what (and how much of it)?post #23 of 302/5/12 at 12:17ampost #24 of 302/6/12 at 4:33pmpost #25 of 302/7/12 at 10:00pmQuote:
I talked to an MP4nation rep online, and he said they should be restocking in a month... They just got cleaned out due to high demand, and are waiting on a fresh batch.post #26 of 3011/8/12 at 8:17am
The Brainwavz B2 are my first proper IEM's (after the historical first edition Sennheiser CX-300, which I was fed up with after having those for almost 10 years), and it was a superb choice. Personally, I don't find them "painfully bright" or "harsch" at all. Gave them only about half an hour of listening yesterday to multiple genres straight from the box, and the bright was just perfect, precise.
Even though it's said they require no burn-in, I decided to burn them in while I was asleep, so.. around 6 hours last night. Maybe it's because I'm very very tired, or because their sound fits my taste I never knew I had, maybe the 6 hours of burn-in actually did make them settle that little bit they needed, or maybe I did after all destroy a bit of them when the white noise through the amp was WAY too loud to be healthy for an IEM (canceled it within 1 second).. but they're sounding a lot warmer.
I mean, really lovely warm, which might be a bit strange for someone coming from the Sennheiser CX-300. Yes, I'm confused as well.
The bass is what the bass should be, tight and deep, and even works for stuff like Röyksopp, or rock like the Deftones (it's actually the first time I'm _enjoying_ their album Diamond Eyes, as it sounded like a box of sound thrown together with a pillow on top before). The high's are still as precise as they were, though it seems that they're not as present as they were before. Looks like I'm experiencing the same as tinyman392 above. I miss it, actually. But again, that could be because of the office I'm in or the sleep I lack.
Looking forward to the weekend, where I'll give them some really good sessions at home in a quiet environment, and comparison to the old in-a-crappy-state Sennheiser CX-300's again.
Reading above, you can see I can't quite be qualified as an audiophile with a desk full of gear, just starting to enjoy music again after having lost it (blaming the CX-300's and broken down hi-fi set). Yet the term analytical confuses me now, as the music sounds like it should to my ears and nothing too much but really what I'd expect it to be, and to be enjoyable by anyone.
Edited by laen - 11/8/12 at 8:28ampost #27 of 306/5/13 at 11:41ampost #28 of 306/24/13 at 8:02am
anyone have any eexpereince with mp4 nation repairs? One side of my b2s stopped working and they are indicating its at least a 4 week wait, and my pair has been with them in HK for over a month?
Two months plus on a repair??? sounds a little strangepost #29 of 304/22/14 at 6:39amSo I brought the B2 but it doesn't seem to be working out for me, I am not a fan of the sound. Would anyone be interested in purchasing a pair of slightly used month old B2s with all accessories (bar the included comply tips) as well as three packs of additional comply tips. All at a reduced price. I am located in Australia, message me if you are interestedpost #30 of 304/24/14 at 2:53am
I had the same reaction to these. Then I read the reviews which said they take time to break in. This has been my experience also. After some months they sounded much smoother with highs less shrill. I'm glad I stuck with them. I have found them to be excellent
CheersReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Brainwavz B2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further. 40 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line... 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 4 minutes ago
- › [Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver... 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 6 minutes ago
- › 2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes) 6 minutes ago
- › Jomo Audio Impressions & Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 by daduy
- › Goldring DR150 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by themindfreak
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear