I am looking for a very inexpensive IEM ~$60 for use during running, biking, rollerskiing, and nordic skiing. I will also use it as a commuting and on the go use. Comfort is very important as well as an earphone which will not easily fall out and of course sound quality. I listen to a very wide variety of music that includes just about everything.
- brandCreativetagged by System, 10/4/11
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 10/4/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/4/11
- productPhilips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acousticstagged by System, 10/4/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 10/4/11
- productSony MDR-310LP Core Series Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 10/4/11
- productSony MDR-EX510LP In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Signature for performer use (IEM) Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me find a sub £50 IEM from Amazon.co.uk Last post on 10/9/11 at 1:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fischer Eterna Alternatives (price & soundwise) Last post on 9/19/11 at 7:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM buying advice please Last post on 9/7/11 at 7:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Cheap IEM for sports and on the go use
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Shure se215 are pretty ideal for sport use. Very good for mtb/snowboarding they fit flush inside of the ear, so still can wear a helmet or tuke. Also very little wind noise and the way they fit is very secure. Can get them on sale for $80ish
Edited by nw130d - 9/30/11 at 11:34pm
The se215s sound great but are a little out of my price range and i can only find them for $100. I would consider them if they are alot better than anything else around the price range if i could find them on sale. are there other less expensive IEMs that are equally comfortable while sounding almost as good.
Here are a list of IEM and what people think of them. For around $60 you are not going to get anything that is "high-fi" but there is many good fun sounding IEMs with pretty good level of detail.
there are few other IEM lists on head-fi
- Cheap IEM for sports and on the go use
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › SF Bay Area little big MEET (it's happening!) 3 seconds ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 1 minute ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10 1 minute ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 7 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 7 minutes ago
- › Edifier E 25 7 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)