Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread Last post on 5/8/16 at 10:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which one is the best in Brainwavz ? Last post on 12/23/13 at 8:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New IEM help? Last post on 9/10/12 at 12:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Brainwavz iem - M5 Last post on 2/18/13 at 10:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz M1: Best Budget IEM? (Review) Last post on 9/26/11 at 5:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Disclaimer: The Noble Kaiser Encore sample was provided to me by Noble for the purposes of this review. The Noble K10 was my first Multi-BA earphone. While it might not be the as good as the...
For me the Encore shares the same sound signature as its predecessor Noble Kaiser K-10. There are already 31- K-10 reviews on H.F. including mine. Read what is written about the K-10, then think...
Sorry if my english is not so good. I bought this several days ago (200 euro) so I cannot post an opinion about durability. I use this dac/amp just on pc for everyday use: movies, voice,...
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
Brainwavz Reveals their M4 with some pictures and information! - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 9211/4/11 at 8:05ampost #48 of 9211/4/11 at 5:03pm
As mentioned by Razz in MP4Nation, these are just generic housings so it is prolly gonna look like a lot of earphones out there.
ClieOS, is this anything close to your sonic diamond award?
Or at the very least comparable to the sub $100 favourites like RE-0, Sunrise Xcape.post #49 of 9211/4/11 at 5:59pmpost #50 of 9211/4/11 at 6:00pmQuote:
I won't say it beats most of thr very well received sub$100 IEM, but it is quite competitive in its price range.post #51 of 9211/4/11 at 6:09pmQuote:
Oh wow, that'd be a rushed review if anything... Reviews take time:
- Burn in time does change the sound (for those who believe in it) which already takes 2 days 2 hours time.
- The actual reviewing requires that the listener get aquainted with the IEMs. This can take week(s) to do.
That being said, most of us haven't had the M4s for even a week :p I had mine for a little over 5 days :p I guess it's an earlybird sale for a reason :ppost #52 of 9211/4/11 at 7:01pm
Maybe I should have said more early impressions instead.. Usually after 2-3 days with an IEM I get a good feel of what they're like but maybe that's just me.. It's just that I'm on the fence about buying these due to the couple of early impressions I've read saying the M4's have a bright sound signature and I'd like to read more user opinions before deciding. Thing is if I haven't decided before the early bird price ends I highly doubt I'd buy these and look elsewhere. I'll still look forward to your review though tinyman whenever it gets posted.post #53 of 9211/4/11 at 7:25pm
The signature is more of a V-shape since the focus seems to be on bass and high end. The mids are still clear and detailed for the most part. Bass has excellent impact and texture. Their is a decently sized body as well. High end is sparkly, and detailed. Can be a bit much at times though. Quick first impression. More after my full review (Give it a week or two to develop).post #54 of 9211/4/11 at 7:37pmpost #55 of 9211/4/11 at 7:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by tinyman392
The signature is more of a V-shape since the focus seems to be on bass and high end. The mids are still clear and detailed for the most part. Bass has excellent impact and texture. Their is a decently sized body as well. High end is sparkly, and detailed. Can be a bit much at times though. Quick first impression. More after my full review (Give it a week or two to develop).
Thanks for your input.. The part of your post I bolded is what's keeping me from buying these right now.. Thanks again.post #56 of 9211/4/11 at 8:23pmQuote:
Mic is the same one found on the MEEs. Cable is TPU. So far it's held up... My MEE CW31P mic broke within the first week :(
It's not always too much, it can happen with a certain band. Let's just say it won't entirely fix sibilant songs (this is rare though). Otherwise, it's perfectly fine for the most part. What I also meant by a little too much was that it could cover up mids at times.
Edited by tinyman392 - 11/4/11 at 8:28pmpost #57 of 9211/5/11 at 1:59pmpost #58 of 9211/5/11 at 3:14pmQuote:
Which model? The build will be the same with everything except cable (there is a different cable on the mic'd model). I do own the mic'd model, the build quality overall is good. 90-degree angled jack is a nice touch. The actual strain relief on there isn't the strongest though. The cable is a little thin for my tastes, it still feels solid though. Earpieces are perfect in terms of build (they feel durable and strong, the strain relief is also flexible, but doesn't have the weak feeling to it). Same mic as the old MEE's which does give me a slight scare though.
Isolation is about the same as RE0s. There is wind noise as well.post #59 of 9211/6/11 at 12:25ampost #60 of 9211/6/11 at 9:09amQuote:
Non-mic version has a different cable. Strain relief should be the same though.
As for vocals:
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Male vocals are slightly recessed, only slightly though (compared to the rest of the mids). They still retain great dynamics though which bring great vocalists to life, but can't do anything to the boring dry vocalist (something Etymotics can do well in my opinion). They still seem natural though.
- Female vocals are a little forward compared to the mid-range instrumentals. It's a lot more lively than male vocals.
- Overall, the vocals are not the best, but they can give other IEMs a run for their money. The vocals, like the mids, are not the focus of these IEMs, so if you are looking for a mid/vocal-focused IEM, these aren't it. The main focus for me seems to be the low end on these.
- Brainwavz Reveals their M4 with some pictures and information!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Recommendations on desktop headphone/amp setup for 80% low fi... 26 seconds ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 1 minute ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › Decisions decisions.... Ath M50x, Philips Fidelio X2, Sennheiser... 5 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 2 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 7 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 8 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by WCDchee
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear