Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 12:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which one is the best in Brainwavz ? Last post on 12/23/13 at 8:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New IEM help? Last post on 9/10/12 at 12:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Brainwavz iem - M5 Last post on 2/18/13 at 10:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz M1: Best Budget IEM? (Review) Last post on 9/26/11 at 5:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Want something a bit better sounding than your cell phone, with the ability to carry your whole lossless music collection? Enter, Sony Walkman NW-A35. This new release from Sony features five...
Introduction Reviewer Introduction Product Introduction Technical Specifications Sound Quality Signature Overview Sound...
So I got the chance to try out the Aune M1S, and to my Surprise it was way more than I had anticipated or expected. My first impressions was an absolute shock! This thing punches way above it...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a look at the Paco, a compact, attractive, and smartly priced earphone in Fischer Audio's Totem series of products. Fischer Audio isn't new to the...
Overview I purchased these when they first came out during Black Friday in 2016, when they were on sale for $100 CAD. Until these I had mostly spent all of my money on IEMs since they're a lot...
Brainwavz Reveals their M4 with some pictures and information! - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 9211/4/11 at 8:05ampost #48 of 9211/4/11 at 5:03pm
As mentioned by Razz in MP4Nation, these are just generic housings so it is prolly gonna look like a lot of earphones out there.
ClieOS, is this anything close to your sonic diamond award?
Or at the very least comparable to the sub $100 favourites like RE-0, Sunrise Xcape.post #49 of 9211/4/11 at 5:59pmpost #50 of 9211/4/11 at 6:00pmQuote:
I won't say it beats most of thr very well received sub$100 IEM, but it is quite competitive in its price range.post #51 of 9211/4/11 at 6:09pmQuote:
Oh wow, that'd be a rushed review if anything... Reviews take time:
- Burn in time does change the sound (for those who believe in it) which already takes 2 days 2 hours time.
- The actual reviewing requires that the listener get aquainted with the IEMs. This can take week(s) to do.
That being said, most of us haven't had the M4s for even a week :p I had mine for a little over 5 days :p I guess it's an earlybird sale for a reason :ppost #52 of 9211/4/11 at 7:01pm
Maybe I should have said more early impressions instead.. Usually after 2-3 days with an IEM I get a good feel of what they're like but maybe that's just me.. It's just that I'm on the fence about buying these due to the couple of early impressions I've read saying the M4's have a bright sound signature and I'd like to read more user opinions before deciding. Thing is if I haven't decided before the early bird price ends I highly doubt I'd buy these and look elsewhere. I'll still look forward to your review though tinyman whenever it gets posted.post #53 of 9211/4/11 at 7:25pm
The signature is more of a V-shape since the focus seems to be on bass and high end. The mids are still clear and detailed for the most part. Bass has excellent impact and texture. Their is a decently sized body as well. High end is sparkly, and detailed. Can be a bit much at times though. Quick first impression. More after my full review (Give it a week or two to develop).post #54 of 9211/4/11 at 7:37pmpost #55 of 9211/4/11 at 7:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by tinyman392
The signature is more of a V-shape since the focus seems to be on bass and high end. The mids are still clear and detailed for the most part. Bass has excellent impact and texture. Their is a decently sized body as well. High end is sparkly, and detailed. Can be a bit much at times though. Quick first impression. More after my full review (Give it a week or two to develop).
Thanks for your input.. The part of your post I bolded is what's keeping me from buying these right now.. Thanks again.post #56 of 9211/4/11 at 8:23pmQuote:
Mic is the same one found on the MEEs. Cable is TPU. So far it's held up... My MEE CW31P mic broke within the first week :(
It's not always too much, it can happen with a certain band. Let's just say it won't entirely fix sibilant songs (this is rare though). Otherwise, it's perfectly fine for the most part. What I also meant by a little too much was that it could cover up mids at times.
Edited by tinyman392 - 11/4/11 at 8:28pmpost #57 of 9211/5/11 at 1:59pmpost #58 of 9211/5/11 at 3:14pmQuote:
Which model? The build will be the same with everything except cable (there is a different cable on the mic'd model). I do own the mic'd model, the build quality overall is good. 90-degree angled jack is a nice touch. The actual strain relief on there isn't the strongest though. The cable is a little thin for my tastes, it still feels solid though. Earpieces are perfect in terms of build (they feel durable and strong, the strain relief is also flexible, but doesn't have the weak feeling to it). Same mic as the old MEE's which does give me a slight scare though.
Isolation is about the same as RE0s. There is wind noise as well.post #59 of 9211/6/11 at 12:25ampost #60 of 9211/6/11 at 9:09amQuote:
Non-mic version has a different cable. Strain relief should be the same though.
As for vocals:
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Male vocals are slightly recessed, only slightly though (compared to the rest of the mids). They still retain great dynamics though which bring great vocalists to life, but can't do anything to the boring dry vocalist (something Etymotics can do well in my opinion). They still seem natural though.
- Female vocals are a little forward compared to the mid-range instrumentals. It's a lot more lively than male vocals.
- Overall, the vocals are not the best, but they can give other IEMs a run for their money. The vocals, like the mids, are not the focus of these IEMs, so if you are looking for a mid/vocal-focused IEM, these aren't it. The main focus for me seems to be the low end on these.
- Brainwavz Reveals their M4 with some pictures and information!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Can someone give me incontrovertible, empirical evidence that "burn... 38 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 56 seconds ago
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton -... 2 minutes ago
- › Ranking the Stars - flinkenick's 2017 IEM Flagship Shootout 2 minutes ago
- › The Shenzhen Benjie BJ-T6 / AGPtek Rocker 2 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 3 minutes ago
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear