Hello Head-Fi. I'm a junior in high school, been listening to music daily for most of my life, going back and forth from cheap headphone to cheap headphone. I've recently become very enamored with purchasing an exquisite set of headphones for my birthday.
Unfortunately, the amount of choices is absolutely terrifying. I have no idea what to purchase, which cans will fit my needs the best. I was hoping I could get some assistance and recommendations for my needs.
A bit of background information:
- Will be using them almost every day, heavy usage, upwards of 6-7 hours a day. I also will be carrying them many places, so they need to be portable and durable.
- Will be in school, so obviously nothing gigantic.
- Will also be used for gaming - I have a nice gaming rig, with a 7.1 surround sound audio driver, so it would be nice to have headphones that can really get me immersed in the experience.
- My budget is anywhere up to 150-160$.
- I listen to a lot of hip-hop, trip-hop, electronica, trance, dubstep, synthpop, experimental(more electronic focused, like Little Dragon,) and some jazz.
For reference, the cans I have been looking into are the AudioTechnica M50's and the Sony MDR-ZX700.
I appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks!