Can you recommend some cables from eBay, or what kind of material (silver, copper, anything) would you suggest for the HD5x8?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 500A different than HD 500 Last post on 1/20/11 at 9:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need upgrade advice! Last post on 1/3/12 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 598, 558, 518; which one do you recommend me? Last post on 1/8/13 at 1:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Needing guidance with Sennheiser Last post on 9/19/11 at 4:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread - Page 64post #946 of 9493/2/15 at 6:36pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #947 of 9493/2/15 at 7:54pmQuote:
Copper presents a warmer sound with fuller body, silver often makes for a brighter more airy sound. However I can't recommend any custom cable as the cost will likely be more than you paid for your headphones, usually a lot more. In the event that you are unable to hear a difference in sound quality (as others have argued there is no change) you are out a lot of money for a cable that can only be used with the HD5X8 headphones. If you are going to spend money on a upgraded cable, you may as well save and by an HD700 or a better amp/dac.
That said, you want something that is of high quality but don't spend more than $30. Replacement Audio upgrade Cable For Sennheiser HD595 HD598 HD558 HD518 Headphone is a popular choice. It is good quality, perfect length, and to my ears does improve the sound.post #948 of 9493/2/15 at 8:20pmpost #949 of 9493/2/15 at 8:38pmQuote:
smearing is prominent if i use a neutral source.
if i use a warm bassy source, smearing is pretty much gone. i think 518 is supposed to sound bassy at its best.
also i tried 558, its same as 518 without smearing, a little refined and touch more air. maybe you will like it better.
- Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica CKX Information & Reviews Thread 1 minute ago
- › Tried Senn Momentum and AT M50x... What's Next? 1 minute ago
- › Gustard Amplifiers and DACs 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro VS Chord HUGO 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 4 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD discussion + impression 5 minutes ago
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3