Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread - Page 53

post #781 of 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdragon View Post
 

Momentum cables look like they might work, but don't take my word for it i have not tried it yet.

They don't work, won't fit. Been there, tried that.

post #782 of 791

For anyone who's interested in seeing a non-stock photo of the cable I keep saying is a good fit and quite nice, here you go!

 


The large end is a 1/4" jack, but it unscrews to reveal the normal 3.5mm jack underneath. I think this is a nice cable to use.

post #783 of 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgetguy View Post

For anyone who's interested in seeing a non-stock photo of the cable I keep saying is a good fit and quite nice, here you go!







The large end is a 1/4" jack, but it unscrews to reveal the normal 3.5mm jack underneath. I think this is a nice cable to use.

I agreed, I use the same cable and I'm very happy with it's looks and ergonomics smily_headphones1.gif
post #784 of 791
Hi all.
Does it still has a headband crack problem? I found some old posts saying that its quite common for hd 558 and 598. I really want to get those for gaming, because my skullcandy cracked at the headband on both sides and duct tape makes them look ugly.
Edited by RunnyFabbit - 10/15/14 at 4:27am
post #785 of 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgetguy View Post

For anyone who's interested in seeing a non-stock photo of the cable I keep saying is a good fit and quite nice, here you go!







The large end is a 1/4" jack, but it unscrews to reveal the normal 3.5mm jack underneath. I think this is a nice cable to use.
That looks gorgeous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnyFabbit View Post

Hi all.
Does it still has a headband crack problem? I found some old posts saying that its quite common for hd 558 and 598. I really want to get those for gaming, because my skullcandy cracked at the headband on both sides and duct tape makes them look ugly.
Those are old posts, Sennheiser fixed the problem a couple years ago. If you buy used, put them on your head. Of you hear creaking, then it's probably an old version.
post #786 of 791
I was ready to give my 558s away because they sounded boring compared to my X1's. Glad I gave the foam mod a chance before ditching them. The mids feel more present and snappy while maintaining the appropriate warmth. The only EQ adjustment I made was turning the treble down 2 notches.
post #787 of 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSICCURE View Post

I was ready to give my 558s away because they sounded boring compared to my X1's. Glad I gave the foam mod a chance before ditching them. The mids feel more present and snappy while maintaining the appropriate warmth. The only EQ adjustment I made was turning the treble down 2 notches.
Well, the 558s weren't necessarily meant to be fun-sounding.
post #788 of 791
I wasnt looking for fun sound. I just wanted a pleasurable sound to my ears.
post #789 of 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnyFabbit View Post

Hi all.
Does it still has a headband crack problem? I found some old posts saying that its quite common for hd 558 and 598. I really want to get those for gaming, because my skullcandy cracked at the headband on both sides and duct tape makes them look ugly.


Not as far as I can tell. Pretty sure they fixed the problem for the HD 5x8 series actually. I've been rocking my set for nearly 2 years and as you can see in the photos, they're pretty much how they came outta box.

post #790 of 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob4tacoz View Post


That looks gorgeous.

Right? The cable's fantastic. And if you were talking about the photos themselves, thanks! Just a little photography and editing every so often. Those weren't even the actual lighting conditions lol. The originals were all yellowed cuz of the indoor lighting.

post #791 of 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgetguy View Post

Right? The cable's fantastic. And if you were talking about the photos themselves, thanks! Just a little photography and editing every so often. Those weren't even the actual lighting conditions lol. The originals were all yellowed cuz of the indoor lighting.
A little bit of both biggrin.gif
You should put those of the photography thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread