Mostly dead thread, hopefully the admin will delete this thread.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 500A different than HD 500 Last post on 1/20/11 at 9:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need upgrade advice! Last post on 1/3/12 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 598, 558, 518; which one do you recommend me? Last post on 1/8/13 at 1:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Needing guidance with Sennheiser Last post on 9/19/11 at 4:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction First of all, I would like to thank Aune (@AuneAudio) for giving me the opportunity to review their unit. This is the link to the relevant head-fi thread:...
INTRO:- Since last year, Fidue a Chinese earphone manufacturer has been raising its head with some hard to look through earphones. They have close to 10-12 earphones but a triple driver...
Image courtesy of HiFiMan INTRODUCTION The HE400S is HiFiMan's latest offering in the HE400 series of open-back over-ear planar headphones. I first read about them in a teaser email HiFiMan...
Disclaimer. I was provided a pair of S3's by Brainwavz for my honest and unbiased review. Second disclaimer, I'm a big fan of the Brainwavz house sound, especially the latest offerings. It amazes...
I found these back in last year when I was on the funs of looking for good quality budget IEMS. I was very impressed by these back then, and I put it away for a while. Today, I got back to it,...
Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread - Page 4post #46 of 10479/29/12 at 1:04pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 10479/29/12 at 10:14pmpost #48 of 104710/16/12 at 6:25pm
hello guys, i think my sennehiser hd 558 has a problem when listening to piano music. tried other source and other file, still the same. i get like some "cracking" noise when piano hits high tones. i'm heard it first time while listening to Skrillex - With You, Friends (Long Drive). does anybody expirienced the same? should i return them? thanks in advance
lol nvm, was the file!
Edited by jamir12 - 10/16/12 at 6:37pmpost #49 of 104711/13/12 at 12:56pmHMV have a Xmas reduction on this 558. From £159 to £99. In store only.
I was lucky as they had no stock left but sold me the display model with a further discount. So I got a dusty pair but beautifully burnt in.
Playing thru my little dot tube amp. Lovely sound. Really lovely.post #50 of 104711/27/12 at 3:03ampost #51 of 104711/27/12 at 4:11am
if only there was a way to switch the HD558 grill with the HD598 grill... but unfortunately it is a single moulded plastic earcup. i wonder if anyone has actually done it before thoughpost #52 of 104711/27/12 at 6:18pmpost #53 of 104711/27/12 at 6:22pmpost #54 of 104711/27/12 at 9:39pmQuote:
its about the cracking headband. but not to worry this only affected the first batch many years ago(about 4 years i think), after the second batch the headband has been fixed with more rubbery materials and it is now more flexible and wont crack. even if it does crack sennheiser will replace it for you. but so far after the fix there are no more reports of them cracking
treble and bass is imo 2 of the worst characteristics of this headphone. if this is what you want in your pair this is not the place for you.
the main strength is the very forward lively vocals and the very wide soundstage
Edited by streetdragon - 11/27/12 at 9:40pmpost #55 of 104711/30/12 at 1:45amI have found a cheap simple way or get 3.5mm plug and terminated to any length.
All you do is add into the shopping basket both the replacement cable for the hd558 and the custom option, specify length and pay. £12.50 for this seemed ok. I will get my cable next week. Happy now, as the included cable is crazy long and the adapter to 3.5mm is a nonsense with these cans.post #56 of 104711/30/12 at 3:18ampost #57 of 104711/30/12 at 3:48amQuote:Originally Posted by XxDobermanxX
Take a look at this review:
"Really strong and detailed bass", they must be kidding me. Even treble is so bad. Give that guy an AKG K167 TIESTO to make him see what is TREBLE and BASS.post #58 of 104711/30/12 at 5:22amQuote:
I was referring to bass not sub bass and I found the treble to be rather detailed and enjoyable. I bet you're using them with mainstream genres like hip hop, rock, pop etc. That would explain everything since these are targeted towards an older audience who listen to genres that don't rely on sub bass such as classical, country or classic rock. If you want to send me the K167 to try go ahead make my day.post #59 of 104711/30/12 at 7:32am
i would agree to some extent that the treble and bass are the 2 weakest links in this headphone. with the eq however it fixed the subbass (as powerful as a XB500 now) and the trable is now sparkly as a beyer. i would have chosen another pair if i had never used the eq. its just not suitable for electro, dn'b, trance, edm etc (more modern music, mainstream or not)post #60 of 104712/4/12 at 11:06pm
Hi guys! im new in this forum and I recently bought hd558. i am currently using my ipod classic 6g with LOD and connected to E7. i recently downloaded flacs and used foobar2000 to convert it to ALAC. my question is why is it that the sound appears to be loose and all over the place and sometimes sounded distorted even though it's already in lossless format? i tried ripping some of my cd's in itunes to ALAC but those sounded intact even at higher volumes. is it the file? because iv'e downloaded several FLACS and most of them sounded the same. if so, where can I download quality FLACs? thanks in advance..i'm starting to think it's the ipod but some of my music sounded great so i'm guessing it's the files that has the problem..but, when i tried playing the same song using foobar connected to E7 as dac the sound appears to be fine..
- Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 15 seconds ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 41 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 3 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 3 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones & Earbuds for Fiio X3ii 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by GioF71
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Brainwavz S3 by shockdoc
- › Philips SHE3905BK/27 In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Black by Whitigir
- › Music Hall de-be Portable Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by mark2410
- › Fostex TE-07 by HiFiChris
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by sirylj
- › VSONIC VSD5: Sony EX 1000's Adopted Cousin by Tom22
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2