558s it is then. thanks for the help :)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 500A different than HD 500 Last post on 1/20/11 at 9:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need upgrade advice! Last post on 1/3/12 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 598, 558, 518; which one do you recommend me? Last post on 1/8/13 at 1:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Needing guidance with Sennheiser Last post on 9/19/11 at 4:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
I was in the market for a higher end 2.1 system when my search ended up at the Edifier website, I was impressed with the specs and decided to delve further, found a set at a nice price and pulled...
These are, without a doubt, the best In Ear Monitors that I own / have owned. Let me say that I purchased the pink color because it was far less expensive, less than $40. I purchased my pair from...
Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread - Page 26
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #377 of 83210/3/13 at 3:27pmpost #378 of 83210/3/13 at 3:57pm
It is because of the 558 that I went ahead and pulled the trigger for a 600. I modded the 558, removed the black rubber strip inside, easily done and takes a few minutes. The 558 sounds similar to the 600 but unlike the 600 it is much easier to drive, I can run it from my cellphone without an amp. You can't go wrong with a 558, even without the mod it's very good. The 600 has a tad more bass, the upper treble range is flatter and the sound is a little more refined.
I just A/B'd them both using a Fiio E12 amp, the 558 will not disappoint you. I remove the amp and as expected the 558 is much louder. The 558 did benefit a little from the amp, though nothing spectacular. So the 600 is more than double the price but nowhere near that much better. I'd bet that a lot of people might not be able to tell the difference so if you're on a budget, grab a pair and don't look back.post #379 of 83210/13/13 at 10:35am
Well gang, I will be joining all of you soon in my appreciation of the HD 598.
I called a local Best Buy to see if they would price match the latest Fry's deal even though I didn't have a copy of the ad, and they said they would do it.
Unfortunately, they did not have any in stock, so they took my order over the phone and will ship a pair to me some time next week (they said they should be here Wed or Thurs).
This will be my first pair of "audiophile" HPs (currently have Grado SR80i and Skullcandy Aviators), and I can't wait to get them in!
Once I do, I will burn them in, and post my impressions after I have had time to put them through their paces.post #380 of 83210/13/13 at 11:22ampost #381 of 83210/13/13 at 1:43pmQuote:
Same price at BestBuy.
It's $1 less at Amazon for Prime users (free shipping).
Edited by StanD - 10/13/13 at 1:47pmpost #382 of 83210/13/13 at 2:14pmQuote:
I would argue that the sr80's are audiophile grade... whatever that means.post #383 of 83210/13/13 at 2:25pmpost #384 of 83210/13/13 at 2:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by okcameradude
I am seeing them at Amazon.com and BestBuy.com for $198/$199. Not for the $149.99 they are on sale for at Fry's.
When I did a direct search I found them at $199.95 at Fry's. When I click on the link on the page you provided it turns up at the below link at $199.95. I think maybe there's a typo on that ad page.post #385 of 83210/13/13 at 3:22pmpost #386 of 83210/13/13 at 3:26pmQuote:
This ad was on a sale page on frys.com and when you clicked on the link on that page it took you to the order page with a higher price. Sounds like a botched web page, the Devil's in the details.post #387 of 83210/13/13 at 3:30pmpost #388 of 83210/13/13 at 5:48pmQuote:
I thought of that, so I hit the order button and it came up in the cart at the higher price with no other options. "If it sounds too good to be true it......."post #389 of 83210/13/13 at 5:52pmpost #390 of 83210/13/13 at 5:59pmQuote:
What if it's a 400 mile round trip, as in okcameradude's post?
- Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 5 seconds ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 21 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 1 minute ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper Replacements 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Heads up! Dick Smith "Premium headphones VT H68" aluminum and... 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Aurisonics Auris 5 minutes ago
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › Klipsch Image S4i II Black In-Ear Headphones with Microphone by laurentiusjan
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD700 by witygass
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)