558s it is then. thanks for the help :)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 500A different than HD 500 Last post on 1/20/11 at 9:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need upgrade advice! Last post on 1/3/12 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 598, 558, 518; which one do you recommend me? Last post on 1/8/13 at 1:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Needing guidance with Sennheiser Last post on 9/19/11 at 4:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bose QC20/QC20i Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse potentially inflicted upon me, unlike those who received free...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread - Page 26
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #377 of 77310/3/13 at 3:27pmpost #378 of 77310/3/13 at 3:57pm
It is because of the 558 that I went ahead and pulled the trigger for a 600. I modded the 558, removed the black rubber strip inside, easily done and takes a few minutes. The 558 sounds similar to the 600 but unlike the 600 it is much easier to drive, I can run it from my cellphone without an amp. You can't go wrong with a 558, even without the mod it's very good. The 600 has a tad more bass, the upper treble range is flatter and the sound is a little more refined.
I just A/B'd them both using a Fiio E12 amp, the 558 will not disappoint you. I remove the amp and as expected the 558 is much louder. The 558 did benefit a little from the amp, though nothing spectacular. So the 600 is more than double the price but nowhere near that much better. I'd bet that a lot of people might not be able to tell the difference so if you're on a budget, grab a pair and don't look back.post #379 of 77310/13/13 at 10:35am
Well gang, I will be joining all of you soon in my appreciation of the HD 598.
I called a local Best Buy to see if they would price match the latest Fry's deal even though I didn't have a copy of the ad, and they said they would do it.
Unfortunately, they did not have any in stock, so they took my order over the phone and will ship a pair to me some time next week (they said they should be here Wed or Thurs).
This will be my first pair of "audiophile" HPs (currently have Grado SR80i and Skullcandy Aviators), and I can't wait to get them in!
Once I do, I will burn them in, and post my impressions after I have had time to put them through their paces.post #380 of 77310/13/13 at 11:22ampost #381 of 77310/13/13 at 1:43pmQuote:
Same price at BestBuy.
It's $1 less at Amazon for Prime users (free shipping).
Edited by StanD - 10/13/13 at 1:47pmpost #382 of 77310/13/13 at 2:14pmQuote:
I would argue that the sr80's are audiophile grade... whatever that means.post #383 of 77310/13/13 at 2:25pmpost #384 of 77310/13/13 at 2:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by okcameradude
I am seeing them at Amazon.com and BestBuy.com for $198/$199. Not for the $149.99 they are on sale for at Fry's.
When I did a direct search I found them at $199.95 at Fry's. When I click on the link on the page you provided it turns up at the below link at $199.95. I think maybe there's a typo on that ad page.post #385 of 77310/13/13 at 3:22pmpost #386 of 77310/13/13 at 3:26pmQuote:
This ad was on a sale page on frys.com and when you clicked on the link on that page it took you to the order page with a higher price. Sounds like a botched web page, the Devil's in the details.post #387 of 77310/13/13 at 3:30pmpost #388 of 77310/13/13 at 5:48pmQuote:
I thought of that, so I hit the order button and it came up in the cart at the higher price with no other options. "If it sounds too good to be true it......."post #389 of 77310/13/13 at 5:52pmpost #390 of 77310/13/13 at 5:59pmQuote:
What if it's a 400 mile round trip, as in okcameradude's post?
- Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 9 seconds ago
- › Best pricing? 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 201: Moving on up 2 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 4 minutes ago
- › Multichannel Music 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 8 minutes ago
- › September 27 Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley mini-meet 9 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 11 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)