558s it is then. thanks for the help :)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 500A different than HD 500 Last post on 1/20/11 at 9:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need upgrade advice! Last post on 1/3/12 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 598, 558, 518; which one do you recommend me? Last post on 1/8/13 at 1:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Needing guidance with Sennheiser Last post on 9/19/11 at 4:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First, I would like to thank Shozy for sending me a pre-production model of the Zero in exchange for my honest opinion. My pre-production model arrived in a small package. Inside was the Zero...
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
INTRO:- Yup, I am back. This time around I have the Meelectronics M7P. This is an interesting piece of earphone. To be precise I had not seen one like this before. This one belongs to MEE...
Intro:- Yo yo… Back again with Rockjaw Audio Alfa genus V2. Rockjaw is not an unknown brand by any means, famous for their value for money earphones and are one of the few British brands in...
My review of Alfa genus V2 can be found here. http://www.head-fi.org/products/rock-jaw-alfa-genus-v2-earphones-with-in-line-mic-3x-tuning-filters/reviews/16322 Sorry for the wrong post.
Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread - Page 26
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #377 of 107410/3/13 at 3:27pmpost #378 of 107410/3/13 at 3:57pm
It is because of the 558 that I went ahead and pulled the trigger for a 600. I modded the 558, removed the black rubber strip inside, easily done and takes a few minutes. The 558 sounds similar to the 600 but unlike the 600 it is much easier to drive, I can run it from my cellphone without an amp. You can't go wrong with a 558, even without the mod it's very good. The 600 has a tad more bass, the upper treble range is flatter and the sound is a little more refined.
I just A/B'd them both using a Fiio E12 amp, the 558 will not disappoint you. I remove the amp and as expected the 558 is much louder. The 558 did benefit a little from the amp, though nothing spectacular. So the 600 is more than double the price but nowhere near that much better. I'd bet that a lot of people might not be able to tell the difference so if you're on a budget, grab a pair and don't look back.post #379 of 107410/13/13 at 10:35am
Well gang, I will be joining all of you soon in my appreciation of the HD 598.
I called a local Best Buy to see if they would price match the latest Fry's deal even though I didn't have a copy of the ad, and they said they would do it.
Unfortunately, they did not have any in stock, so they took my order over the phone and will ship a pair to me some time next week (they said they should be here Wed or Thurs).
This will be my first pair of "audiophile" HPs (currently have Grado SR80i and Skullcandy Aviators), and I can't wait to get them in!
Once I do, I will burn them in, and post my impressions after I have had time to put them through their paces.post #380 of 107410/13/13 at 11:22ampost #381 of 107410/13/13 at 1:43pmQuote:
Same price at BestBuy.
It's $1 less at Amazon for Prime users (free shipping).
Edited by StanD - 10/13/13 at 1:47pmpost #382 of 107410/13/13 at 2:14pmQuote:
I would argue that the sr80's are audiophile grade... whatever that means.post #383 of 107410/13/13 at 2:25pmpost #384 of 107410/13/13 at 2:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by okcameradude
I am seeing them at Amazon.com and BestBuy.com for $198/$199. Not for the $149.99 they are on sale for at Fry's.
When I did a direct search I found them at $199.95 at Fry's. When I click on the link on the page you provided it turns up at the below link at $199.95. I think maybe there's a typo on that ad page.post #385 of 107410/13/13 at 3:22pmpost #386 of 107410/13/13 at 3:26pmQuote:
This ad was on a sale page on frys.com and when you clicked on the link on that page it took you to the order page with a higher price. Sounds like a botched web page, the Devil's in the details.post #387 of 107410/13/13 at 3:30pmpost #388 of 107410/13/13 at 5:48pmQuote:
I thought of that, so I hit the order button and it came up in the cart at the higher price with no other options. "If it sounds too good to be true it......."post #389 of 107410/13/13 at 5:52pmpost #390 of 107410/13/13 at 5:59pmQuote:
What if it's a 400 mile round trip, as in okcameradude's post?
- Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 9 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 11 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 11 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 15 minutes ago
- › Pro-Ject DACs 15 minutes ago
- › is this really a problem with blind tests? 17 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...