558s it is then. thanks for the help :)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 500A different than HD 500 Last post on 1/20/11 at 9:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need upgrade advice! Last post on 1/3/12 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 598, 558, 518; which one do you recommend me? Last post on 1/8/13 at 1:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Needing guidance with Sennheiser Last post on 9/19/11 at 4:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Preamble: Before I begin with my review, I’d like to take the time to thank Jeongjae from DIGNIS for providing me with a sample of the LAETUS case for the Chord Electronics Mojo DAC-Amp...
Undoubtedly, one of the biggest influences on the audio market was the invention of the operational amplifiers. Compact and inexpensive (mostly) chips allowed to create small and well sounding...
The F7200 is a single balanced armature in ear moniter from the Japanese company Final. Final have been in business since 1974 and in my opinion make some retro looking IEM and full size...
Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread - Page 26
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #377 of 107510/3/13 at 3:27pmpost #378 of 107510/3/13 at 3:57pm
It is because of the 558 that I went ahead and pulled the trigger for a 600. I modded the 558, removed the black rubber strip inside, easily done and takes a few minutes. The 558 sounds similar to the 600 but unlike the 600 it is much easier to drive, I can run it from my cellphone without an amp. You can't go wrong with a 558, even without the mod it's very good. The 600 has a tad more bass, the upper treble range is flatter and the sound is a little more refined.
I just A/B'd them both using a Fiio E12 amp, the 558 will not disappoint you. I remove the amp and as expected the 558 is much louder. The 558 did benefit a little from the amp, though nothing spectacular. So the 600 is more than double the price but nowhere near that much better. I'd bet that a lot of people might not be able to tell the difference so if you're on a budget, grab a pair and don't look back.post #379 of 107510/13/13 at 10:35am
Well gang, I will be joining all of you soon in my appreciation of the HD 598.
I called a local Best Buy to see if they would price match the latest Fry's deal even though I didn't have a copy of the ad, and they said they would do it.
Unfortunately, they did not have any in stock, so they took my order over the phone and will ship a pair to me some time next week (they said they should be here Wed or Thurs).
This will be my first pair of "audiophile" HPs (currently have Grado SR80i and Skullcandy Aviators), and I can't wait to get them in!
Once I do, I will burn them in, and post my impressions after I have had time to put them through their paces.post #380 of 107510/13/13 at 11:22ampost #381 of 107510/13/13 at 1:43pmQuote:
Same price at BestBuy.
It's $1 less at Amazon for Prime users (free shipping).
Edited by StanD - 10/13/13 at 1:47pmpost #382 of 107510/13/13 at 2:14pmQuote:
I would argue that the sr80's are audiophile grade... whatever that means.post #383 of 107510/13/13 at 2:25pmpost #384 of 107510/13/13 at 2:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by okcameradude
I am seeing them at Amazon.com and BestBuy.com for $198/$199. Not for the $149.99 they are on sale for at Fry's.
When I did a direct search I found them at $199.95 at Fry's. When I click on the link on the page you provided it turns up at the below link at $199.95. I think maybe there's a typo on that ad page.post #385 of 107510/13/13 at 3:22pmpost #386 of 107510/13/13 at 3:26pmQuote:
This ad was on a sale page on frys.com and when you clicked on the link on that page it took you to the order page with a higher price. Sounds like a botched web page, the Devil's in the details.post #387 of 107510/13/13 at 3:30pmpost #388 of 107510/13/13 at 5:48pmQuote:
I thought of that, so I hit the order button and it came up in the cart at the higher price with no other options. "If it sounds too good to be true it......."post #389 of 107510/13/13 at 5:52pmpost #390 of 107510/13/13 at 5:59pmQuote:
What if it's a 400 mile round trip, as in okcameradude's post?
- Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Earbuds Round-Up 48 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 59 seconds ago
- › Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp 1 minute ago
- › New Nagra HD DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sound is a little congested on louder passages 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Good Pair of Cans for 200$ CAD? 3 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet, 6th Edition -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2016 (October... 3 minutes ago
- › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › ampsandsound Agartha Single-Ended Amplifier by Dillan
- › audio-technica ATH-A550Z Art-Monitor Headphones by rickyday
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...