558s it is then. thanks for the help :)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 500A different than HD 500 Last post on 1/20/11 at 9:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need upgrade advice! Last post on 1/3/12 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 598, 558, 518; which one do you recommend me? Last post on 1/8/13 at 1:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Needing guidance with Sennheiser Last post on 9/19/11 at 4:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Intro After briefly owning and eventually selling the Audio Technica ATH - M50, there were quite a few things that I still desired in a closed headphone. I wanted something more comfortable...
Greetings everyone. I'm perhaps the newest member of the Vali admiration society. I ordered mine directly from Schiit on a Friday and received it on Saturday ( How is that for service?) I'm...
Me: I am a 21 year old Engineering student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and...
Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread - Page 26
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #377 of 87010/3/13 at 3:27pmpost #378 of 87010/3/13 at 3:57pm
It is because of the 558 that I went ahead and pulled the trigger for a 600. I modded the 558, removed the black rubber strip inside, easily done and takes a few minutes. The 558 sounds similar to the 600 but unlike the 600 it is much easier to drive, I can run it from my cellphone without an amp. You can't go wrong with a 558, even without the mod it's very good. The 600 has a tad more bass, the upper treble range is flatter and the sound is a little more refined.
I just A/B'd them both using a Fiio E12 amp, the 558 will not disappoint you. I remove the amp and as expected the 558 is much louder. The 558 did benefit a little from the amp, though nothing spectacular. So the 600 is more than double the price but nowhere near that much better. I'd bet that a lot of people might not be able to tell the difference so if you're on a budget, grab a pair and don't look back.post #379 of 87010/13/13 at 10:35am
Well gang, I will be joining all of you soon in my appreciation of the HD 598.
I called a local Best Buy to see if they would price match the latest Fry's deal even though I didn't have a copy of the ad, and they said they would do it.
Unfortunately, they did not have any in stock, so they took my order over the phone and will ship a pair to me some time next week (they said they should be here Wed or Thurs).
This will be my first pair of "audiophile" HPs (currently have Grado SR80i and Skullcandy Aviators), and I can't wait to get them in!
Once I do, I will burn them in, and post my impressions after I have had time to put them through their paces.post #380 of 87010/13/13 at 11:22ampost #381 of 87010/13/13 at 1:43pmQuote:
Same price at BestBuy.
It's $1 less at Amazon for Prime users (free shipping).
Edited by StanD - 10/13/13 at 1:47pmpost #382 of 87010/13/13 at 2:14pmQuote:
I would argue that the sr80's are audiophile grade... whatever that means.post #383 of 87010/13/13 at 2:25pmpost #384 of 87010/13/13 at 2:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by okcameradude
I am seeing them at Amazon.com and BestBuy.com for $198/$199. Not for the $149.99 they are on sale for at Fry's.
When I did a direct search I found them at $199.95 at Fry's. When I click on the link on the page you provided it turns up at the below link at $199.95. I think maybe there's a typo on that ad page.post #385 of 87010/13/13 at 3:22pmpost #386 of 87010/13/13 at 3:26pmQuote:
This ad was on a sale page on frys.com and when you clicked on the link on that page it took you to the order page with a higher price. Sounds like a botched web page, the Devil's in the details.post #387 of 87010/13/13 at 3:30pmpost #388 of 87010/13/13 at 5:48pmQuote:
I thought of that, so I hit the order button and it came up in the cart at the higher price with no other options. "If it sounds too good to be true it......."post #389 of 87010/13/13 at 5:52pmpost #390 of 87010/13/13 at 5:59pmQuote:
What if it's a 400 mile round trip, as in okcameradude's post?
- Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Best IEM for vocals under $100 56 seconds ago
- › MAD Ear+ Purist HD appreciation thread. 57 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 (Wireless Noise Cancelling On-Ear... 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Incredible I feel! MDR V55 7 minutes ago
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by Tom22
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Nap-Chiang
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)