Has anyone tried the soundstage mod on these yet? :>
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 500A different than HD 500 Last post on 1/20/11 at 9:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need upgrade advice! Last post on 1/3/12 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 598, 558, 518; which one do you recommend me? Last post on 1/8/13 at 1:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Needing guidance with Sennheiser Last post on 9/19/11 at 4:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
It is nearing two months since I was introduced to the original Monk earbuds by Venture Electronics. They left quite the impression on me and my views on price-to-performance ratio in audio...
T-PEOS RASIEL Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to T-PEOS for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/807332/t-peos-rasiel-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Finder X1...
The E5 is so close to being a giant killer but it has a few major flaws in my opinion. This is a technically oriented review. I like neutral sound signatures and bit perfect playback. I don't...
"Massdrop Blue Box - NuForce HEM IEMs" special drop pricing = $169.99*; Actual MSRP = $399.00 (I joined the drop on Massdrop and received the HEM6; LINK. You can find these and the other...
Hi All, I was given the chance to review the new Shozy Zero Rosewood earphones in exchange for just a small fee to cover the shipping. I received, as I'm sure some other reviewers did, an...
Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread - Page 3post #31 of 107011/10/11 at 10:32pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 107011/10/11 at 10:59pmpost #33 of 107011/11/11 at 11:52ampost #34 of 10701/22/12 at 9:41pmpost #35 of 10702/2/12 at 3:25pmThread Starterpost #36 of 10702/11/12 at 8:35am
I have the 558's, had it for about a month. Being my first "audiophile" headphones I didn't know what to expect neither did I know what I wanted from my sound. I've burnt them in for 110+ hours using a mixture of xbox, pc and some mp3 playing. Can't really say sound has changed much but again take everything I say with a grain of salt as my ears are untrained and I generally find it hard to remember what things were like.
One thing I do know however, is that these cans are not right for me. The bass is very lacking for my tastes, even with a digizoid ZO2, you don't get much impact. I listen to k-pop/j-pop and some J-rock so it's mainly synthesised sounds with a lot of bass and impact. If anyone listens to these genres or listens to music of this type I'd stay away from the 558's. It makes me listen to my music rather than enjoy it.
Soundstage doesn't feel that amazing either. Comparing it to my turtlebeach X41's (which are closed) with dolby headphone I don't really feel that the soundstage increases by that much. The TB's give me the same sense of spaciousness and range.
Some people say with open headphones it sounds like the sounds are coming from outside the headphone, I can't say I feel this effect. Everything I hear comes from inside the headphones. That's not to say it sounds cramped. It does separate sound well, but the overall soundstage isn't big at all.post #37 of 10703/16/12 at 12:56amThread Starterpost #38 of 10704/14/12 at 7:33pmThread Starterpost #39 of 10704/20/12 at 9:55pmpost #40 of 10706/21/12 at 6:22pmThread Starterpost #41 of 10706/28/12 at 1:55am
I am pretty sure the 558's I got don't have the crack issue, I purchased them 2 weeks ago, I have heard people say with the ones that have the cracking issue you can hear creaking sounds when you move the headphones left and right or stretch them a little bit, I hear absolutely nothing, I am still going to get the best buy 2 year warranty for 30$, I got these for $161.99 at BBpost #42 of 10707/7/12 at 3:58am
Pretty soon I will have these headphones as well . . . hopefully I like them so that I can throw in an appreciative post of my own!
EDIT: I was gonna buy these headphones used from da(h/k)mart on amazon but I saw some bad things about them . . . I will instead buy the HD 518s new from headroom I think.
Edited by Double-A - 7/7/12 at 5:17ampost #43 of 10707/7/12 at 4:37ampost #44 of 10707/7/12 at 8:12am
got the hd558 about 2 weeks back, modded them too, the soundstage is really good, used poweramp 10 band software eq and a balanced portable amp to tune them to suit my taste better, about almost a hundred hours put into them so far, love them
yes i am a fan, not sure a fanboy or not thoughpost #45 of 10707/9/12 at 5:41pm
I have decided that (if my Incase Sonics sell . . . I am trying to sell to a friend) that I will buy the HD 558s NEW instead of used. I WAS gonna buy the 518s after I saw the bad stuff about da(h/k)mart and also buy a sub-$100 portable amp (to keep as a temporary amp until I had funds to buy a better/more expensive amp) like the FiiO E11 but I have decided to put off buying an amp until Christmas/holiday time so I will have more money to go towards headphones.
- Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 24 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 33 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › A $70 Bit-Perfect Audio Player? 2 minutes ago
- › DUNU 4 Driver, 5 Driver new Hybrid earphone presentation on 2015... 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds with active noise-reduction primarily for hearing protection 7 minutes ago
- › NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM 7 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by Aornic
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by mark2410
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by vapman
- › NuForce HEM6 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Triple... by Hi-Fi EDU
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by jant71
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by BloodyPenguin
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by glennkresge
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...