Has anyone tried the soundstage mod on these yet? :>
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 500A different than HD 500 Last post on 1/20/11 at 9:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need upgrade advice! Last post on 1/3/12 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 598, 558, 518; which one do you recommend me? Last post on 1/8/13 at 1:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Needing guidance with Sennheiser Last post on 9/19/11 at 4:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Yesterday
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I received by LG for review purposes. Here are my thoughts are 6 weeks. Aesthetics. The unique ‘on-neck horse-shoe’ design is inconspicuous sits neatly and discreetly around the neck line....
Signature Acoustics C-12: The Elemental Underdog Woodies Company Background Audiophiles love music, especially when played from high quality audio products that contain several different...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank SoundMagic for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. If you live in US, they are currently available at a...
*A sample of the IEM500 was provided to me in return for my honest review* - Photos taken by, me.- One of the funniest things is when a company writes all these outlandish claims with their...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread - Page 3post #31 of 102311/10/11 at 10:32pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 102311/10/11 at 10:59pmpost #33 of 102311/11/11 at 11:52ampost #34 of 10231/22/12 at 9:41pmpost #35 of 10232/2/12 at 3:25pmThread Starterpost #36 of 10232/11/12 at 8:35am
I have the 558's, had it for about a month. Being my first "audiophile" headphones I didn't know what to expect neither did I know what I wanted from my sound. I've burnt them in for 110+ hours using a mixture of xbox, pc and some mp3 playing. Can't really say sound has changed much but again take everything I say with a grain of salt as my ears are untrained and I generally find it hard to remember what things were like.
One thing I do know however, is that these cans are not right for me. The bass is very lacking for my tastes, even with a digizoid ZO2, you don't get much impact. I listen to k-pop/j-pop and some J-rock so it's mainly synthesised sounds with a lot of bass and impact. If anyone listens to these genres or listens to music of this type I'd stay away from the 558's. It makes me listen to my music rather than enjoy it.
Soundstage doesn't feel that amazing either. Comparing it to my turtlebeach X41's (which are closed) with dolby headphone I don't really feel that the soundstage increases by that much. The TB's give me the same sense of spaciousness and range.
Some people say with open headphones it sounds like the sounds are coming from outside the headphone, I can't say I feel this effect. Everything I hear comes from inside the headphones. That's not to say it sounds cramped. It does separate sound well, but the overall soundstage isn't big at all.post #37 of 10233/16/12 at 12:56amThread Starterpost #38 of 10234/14/12 at 7:33pmThread Starterpost #39 of 10234/20/12 at 9:55pmpost #40 of 10236/21/12 at 6:22pmThread Starterpost #41 of 10236/28/12 at 1:55am
I am pretty sure the 558's I got don't have the crack issue, I purchased them 2 weeks ago, I have heard people say with the ones that have the cracking issue you can hear creaking sounds when you move the headphones left and right or stretch them a little bit, I hear absolutely nothing, I am still going to get the best buy 2 year warranty for 30$, I got these for $161.99 at BBpost #42 of 10237/7/12 at 3:58am
Pretty soon I will have these headphones as well . . . hopefully I like them so that I can throw in an appreciative post of my own!
EDIT: I was gonna buy these headphones used from da(h/k)mart on amazon but I saw some bad things about them . . . I will instead buy the HD 518s new from headroom I think.
Edited by Double-A - 7/7/12 at 5:17ampost #43 of 10237/7/12 at 4:37ampost #44 of 10237/7/12 at 8:12am
got the hd558 about 2 weeks back, modded them too, the soundstage is really good, used poweramp 10 band software eq and a balanced portable amp to tune them to suit my taste better, about almost a hundred hours put into them so far, love them
yes i am a fan, not sure a fanboy or not thoughpost #45 of 10237/9/12 at 5:41pm
I have decided that (if my Incase Sonics sell . . . I am trying to sell to a friend) that I will buy the HD 558s NEW instead of used. I WAS gonna buy the 518s after I saw the bad stuff about da(h/k)mart and also buy a sub-$100 portable amp (to keep as a temporary amp until I had funds to buy a better/more expensive amp) like the FiiO E11 but I have decided to put off buying an amp until Christmas/holiday time so I will have more money to go towards headphones.
- Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 24 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › IEM sale :K10U, 3003i, Heir8.0, Tran. ref.1, Rockets, XBAH3, W4 and... 1 minute ago
- › Rational reasons to love vinyl 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Wtb ak100 ii leather case + 2.5mm balanced iem 2 pin cable 5 minutes ago
- › Which Headphones Should I Buy? 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › Signature Acoustics Elements Series C-12 by vlenbo
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)