Has anyone tried the soundstage mod on these yet? :>
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 500A different than HD 500 Last post on 1/20/11 at 9:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need upgrade advice! Last post on 1/3/12 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 598, 558, 518; which one do you recommend me? Last post on 1/8/13 at 1:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Needing guidance with Sennheiser Last post on 9/19/11 at 4:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread - Page 3post #31 of 76811/10/11 at 10:32pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 76811/10/11 at 10:59pmpost #33 of 76811/11/11 at 11:52ampost #34 of 7681/22/12 at 9:41pmpost #35 of 7682/2/12 at 3:25pmThread Starterpost #36 of 7682/11/12 at 8:35am
I have the 558's, had it for about a month. Being my first "audiophile" headphones I didn't know what to expect neither did I know what I wanted from my sound. I've burnt them in for 110+ hours using a mixture of xbox, pc and some mp3 playing. Can't really say sound has changed much but again take everything I say with a grain of salt as my ears are untrained and I generally find it hard to remember what things were like.
One thing I do know however, is that these cans are not right for me. The bass is very lacking for my tastes, even with a digizoid ZO2, you don't get much impact. I listen to k-pop/j-pop and some J-rock so it's mainly synthesised sounds with a lot of bass and impact. If anyone listens to these genres or listens to music of this type I'd stay away from the 558's. It makes me listen to my music rather than enjoy it.
Soundstage doesn't feel that amazing either. Comparing it to my turtlebeach X41's (which are closed) with dolby headphone I don't really feel that the soundstage increases by that much. The TB's give me the same sense of spaciousness and range.
Some people say with open headphones it sounds like the sounds are coming from outside the headphone, I can't say I feel this effect. Everything I hear comes from inside the headphones. That's not to say it sounds cramped. It does separate sound well, but the overall soundstage isn't big at all.post #37 of 7683/16/12 at 12:56amThread Starterpost #38 of 7684/14/12 at 7:33pmThread Starterpost #39 of 7684/20/12 at 9:55pmpost #40 of 7686/21/12 at 6:22pmThread Starterpost #41 of 7686/28/12 at 1:55am
I am pretty sure the 558's I got don't have the crack issue, I purchased them 2 weeks ago, I have heard people say with the ones that have the cracking issue you can hear creaking sounds when you move the headphones left and right or stretch them a little bit, I hear absolutely nothing, I am still going to get the best buy 2 year warranty for 30$, I got these for $161.99 at BBpost #42 of 7687/7/12 at 3:58am
Pretty soon I will have these headphones as well . . . hopefully I like them so that I can throw in an appreciative post of my own!
EDIT: I was gonna buy these headphones used from da(h/k)mart on amazon but I saw some bad things about them . . . I will instead buy the HD 518s new from headroom I think.
Edited by Double-A - 7/7/12 at 5:17ampost #43 of 7687/7/12 at 4:37ampost #44 of 7687/7/12 at 8:12am
got the hd558 about 2 weeks back, modded them too, the soundstage is really good, used poweramp 10 band software eq and a balanced portable amp to tune them to suit my taste better, about almost a hundred hours put into them so far, love them
yes i am a fan, not sure a fanboy or not thoughpost #45 of 7687/9/12 at 5:41pm
I have decided that (if my Incase Sonics sell . . . I am trying to sell to a friend) that I will buy the HD 558s NEW instead of used. I WAS gonna buy the 518s after I saw the bad stuff about da(h/k)mart and also buy a sub-$100 portable amp (to keep as a temporary amp until I had funds to buy a better/more expensive amp) like the FiiO E11 but I have decided to put off buying an amp until Christmas/holiday time so I will have more money to go towards headphones.
- Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Why can't I start a new thread anywhere but here? 38 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 41 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 52 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Silver plated OFC, does it increase a cable's capacitance? 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones under $200? 3 minutes ago
- › Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified... 4 minutes ago
- › Best $300 DAC, AMP, or combo for Fidelio X1 8 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)