Has anyone tried the soundstage mod on these yet? :>
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 500A different than HD 500 Last post on 1/20/11 at 9:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need upgrade advice! Last post on 1/3/12 at 7:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 598, 558, 518; which one do you recommend me? Last post on 1/8/13 at 1:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Needing guidance with Sennheiser Last post on 9/19/11 at 4:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again. small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread - Page 3post #31 of 83211/10/11 at 10:32pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 83211/10/11 at 10:59pmpost #33 of 83211/11/11 at 11:52ampost #34 of 8321/22/12 at 9:41pmpost #35 of 8322/2/12 at 3:25pmThread Starterpost #36 of 8322/11/12 at 8:35am
I have the 558's, had it for about a month. Being my first "audiophile" headphones I didn't know what to expect neither did I know what I wanted from my sound. I've burnt them in for 110+ hours using a mixture of xbox, pc and some mp3 playing. Can't really say sound has changed much but again take everything I say with a grain of salt as my ears are untrained and I generally find it hard to remember what things were like.
One thing I do know however, is that these cans are not right for me. The bass is very lacking for my tastes, even with a digizoid ZO2, you don't get much impact. I listen to k-pop/j-pop and some J-rock so it's mainly synthesised sounds with a lot of bass and impact. If anyone listens to these genres or listens to music of this type I'd stay away from the 558's. It makes me listen to my music rather than enjoy it.
Soundstage doesn't feel that amazing either. Comparing it to my turtlebeach X41's (which are closed) with dolby headphone I don't really feel that the soundstage increases by that much. The TB's give me the same sense of spaciousness and range.
Some people say with open headphones it sounds like the sounds are coming from outside the headphone, I can't say I feel this effect. Everything I hear comes from inside the headphones. That's not to say it sounds cramped. It does separate sound well, but the overall soundstage isn't big at all.post #37 of 8323/16/12 at 12:56amThread Starterpost #38 of 8324/14/12 at 7:33pmThread Starterpost #39 of 8324/20/12 at 9:55pmpost #40 of 8326/21/12 at 6:22pmThread Starterpost #41 of 8326/28/12 at 1:55am
I am pretty sure the 558's I got don't have the crack issue, I purchased them 2 weeks ago, I have heard people say with the ones that have the cracking issue you can hear creaking sounds when you move the headphones left and right or stretch them a little bit, I hear absolutely nothing, I am still going to get the best buy 2 year warranty for 30$, I got these for $161.99 at BBpost #42 of 8327/7/12 at 3:58am
Pretty soon I will have these headphones as well . . . hopefully I like them so that I can throw in an appreciative post of my own!
EDIT: I was gonna buy these headphones used from da(h/k)mart on amazon but I saw some bad things about them . . . I will instead buy the HD 518s new from headroom I think.
Edited by Double-A - 7/7/12 at 5:17ampost #43 of 8327/7/12 at 4:37ampost #44 of 8327/7/12 at 8:12am
got the hd558 about 2 weeks back, modded them too, the soundstage is really good, used poweramp 10 band software eq and a balanced portable amp to tune them to suit my taste better, about almost a hundred hours put into them so far, love them
yes i am a fan, not sure a fanboy or not thoughpost #45 of 8327/9/12 at 5:41pm
I have decided that (if my Incase Sonics sell . . . I am trying to sell to a friend) that I will buy the HD 558s NEW instead of used. I WAS gonna buy the 518s after I saw the bad stuff about da(h/k)mart and also buy a sub-$100 portable amp (to keep as a temporary amp until I had funds to buy a better/more expensive amp) like the FiiO E11 but I have decided to put off buying an amp until Christmas/holiday time so I will have more money to go towards headphones.
- Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 27 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Winter 2015 AAMML Holiday Gift Exchange 2 minutes ago
- › Help with Headphone/Audio solution for Classical music 3 minutes ago
- › Getting NSIS error when attempting to install DAC driver 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Synergistic Research HOT device 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › 1964 | Adel A12 - New Flagship Discussion / Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Ath M40x vs M50x Portability. 8 minutes ago
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)