Great, looking forward to reading it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- iBasso T5 Last post on 10/20/11 at 2:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- <$200 portable amp for HD 25-1 II Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:58am in Portable Headphone Amps
- [Impression] JDS Labs C421 (OPA2227 vs. AD8620) featuring cmoyBB, O2, T5 and UHA-4. Last post on 6/16/14 at 5:28am in Portable Headphone Amps
- There are portable headphone amps in the head-gear section that need reviews. Last post on 7/5/12 at 11:23am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Tomahawk Failing - recos for similar to replace? Last post on 6/16/12 at 11:17am in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
- Headphone Impedance
iBasso T5 - A newly designed small portable. Specifications. - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Hey, I'm all for that, but I really need to see some objective measurements before I'm prepared to accept it. Back when Skylab's epic portable amp review was *the* resource for those looking for an amp, at least we had a single set of subjective impressions from someone who had heard almost everything on the market - now, it seems that every new amp that comes down the pike is being proclaimed a 'giant killer'. I'm not immune to it, but you would need a lot more than $700 to keep on top of the Fiio / iBasso curve each year.
I have much to compare to. I have the Super Micro and a number of the Reference amps as well as others. I don't really want to compare to all though, I would prefer to describe how well the music comes through and if it brings out the soul of what I am hearing. The Super Micro IV is a good point though as it is extremely transparent and very open. It still sets a standard, IMHO.
I will say that the T5 needs many hours to fully burn in. It has 470uf X8 in caps. Amazing that they got those in there but they take some time to form and so I just leave the unit playing much of the time with it being turned off from time to time. I will say that as 200 hours approaches, it has opened up much more than where it was at 120 hours. It was more open at around 20 hours than it was at 120 and now it is more even across the frequency range. This while comparing to another amp for reference from the same source so as to not rely on aural memory.
Listening to "Sailing to Philadelphia", Mark Knopler, the sound just resonates through my body. The bass is so profound and yet controlled and totally integrated and integral. This amp is really starting to come to life now. Interesting.
Edited by jamato8 - 11/5/11 at 7:38pm
Great stuff. I saw Knopfler and Dylan perform last friday here i Stockholm and I got reminded of some of the great tracks from both artists. During the show I made a mental note to listen to more of their stuff. Which I am right now! On a HA160D loaner, not on the T5, but I sure will when I have it :)
I haven't compared them yet. I haven't compared to anything except for the Black Gate modified internal amp of the iRiver. Once I feel the amp has plateaued, I will start doing more comparisons.
I am still trying to compare. My ears, since returning from Micronesia, well my right, get blocked and then it is fine. Right now fine but frustrating. What I am hearing is a very natural presentation with the T5 that belies its size. Past T amps, I think, packed a lot for the money and for the size. The T3, I still think, Is great. The T5 though steps up another notch and doesn't really sound to me like an amp as to my ear it is very neutral and far more powerful than what I would expect from its size.
John, id strictly use an amp with IEMs... would this be a good choice under 200? im considering waiting for the arrow 4g if it ever comes out or go with a cheaper option. was considering the ZO2 but there seems to be issues with it and im unsure how i feel about it as of right now reading reviews and wonder how a " subwoofer " as it is marketed would be with an ie8
Well with my JHPro 13's, it sounds great. No hiss, even on high gain but I use it on low gain. If you keep it plugged into the source and on high gain and high volume, you can hear some hiss but as soon as you disconnect the source the hiss is gone so the amp isn't producing any and if you listened at this high volume you would be deaf in a short while.
Anyway, I haven't used the Pro 13's too much lately, opting for the open and closed phones for testing but this amp is a great choice with IEM's as there is plenty of solid bass delivery without being bloated or thumpy, which I can't stand. I do prefer the sound in high gain but that is the same as with most all amps I have. I find more resolution and transparency in high gain, and that is at the same volume of course.
Edited by jamato8 - 11/11/11 at 9:15am
yea. after the pb1/db1, it seems theyve been in a funk.
- iBasso T5 - A newly designed small portable. Specifications.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › New Shure SE215 - First Impressions 6 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 11 seconds ago
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 1 minute ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 1 minute ago
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet, 4th Edition -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2015... 3 minutes ago
- › Vsonic VSD2S 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Vintage/Current R2R DAC Owners Discussion, Insight, and Review Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2