Great, looking forward to reading it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- iBasso T5 Last post on 10/20/11 at 2:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- <$200 portable amp for HD 25-1 II Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:58am in Portable Headphone Amps
- [Impression] JDS Labs C421 (OPA2227 vs. AD8620) featuring cmoyBB, O2, T5 and UHA-4. Last post on 3/29/14 at 12:55am in Portable Headphone Amps
- There are portable headphones amps in the head-gear section that need reviews. Last post on 7/5/12 at 11:23am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Tomahawk Failing - recos for similar to replace? Last post on 6/16/12 at 11:17am in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
I would like to acknowledge that I'm actually reviewing T51i model of these headphones - identical to T51p with addition of in-line remote/mic. I received these for review purpose from...
- Headphone Impedance
iBasso T5 - A newly designed small portable. Specifications. - Page 3
Hey, I'm all for that, but I really need to see some objective measurements before I'm prepared to accept it. Back when Skylab's epic portable amp review was *the* resource for those looking for an amp, at least we had a single set of subjective impressions from someone who had heard almost everything on the market - now, it seems that every new amp that comes down the pike is being proclaimed a 'giant killer'. I'm not immune to it, but you would need a lot more than $700 to keep on top of the Fiio / iBasso curve each year.
I have much to compare to. I have the Super Micro and a number of the Reference amps as well as others. I don't really want to compare to all though, I would prefer to describe how well the music comes through and if it brings out the soul of what I am hearing. The Super Micro IV is a good point though as it is extremely transparent and very open. It still sets a standard, IMHO.
I will say that the T5 needs many hours to fully burn in. It has 470uf X8 in caps. Amazing that they got those in there but they take some time to form and so I just leave the unit playing much of the time with it being turned off from time to time. I will say that as 200 hours approaches, it has opened up much more than where it was at 120 hours. It was more open at around 20 hours than it was at 120 and now it is more even across the frequency range. This while comparing to another amp for reference from the same source so as to not rely on aural memory.
Listening to "Sailing to Philadelphia", Mark Knopler, the sound just resonates through my body. The bass is so profound and yet controlled and totally integrated and integral. This amp is really starting to come to life now. Interesting.
Edited by jamato8 - 11/5/11 at 7:38pm
Great stuff. I saw Knopfler and Dylan perform last friday here i Stockholm and I got reminded of some of the great tracks from both artists. During the show I made a mental note to listen to more of their stuff. Which I am right now! On a HA160D loaner, not on the T5, but I sure will when I have it :)
I haven't compared them yet. I haven't compared to anything except for the Black Gate modified internal amp of the iRiver. Once I feel the amp has plateaued, I will start doing more comparisons.
I am still trying to compare. My ears, since returning from Micronesia, well my right, get blocked and then it is fine. Right now fine but frustrating. What I am hearing is a very natural presentation with the T5 that belies its size. Past T amps, I think, packed a lot for the money and for the size. The T3, I still think, Is great. The T5 though steps up another notch and doesn't really sound to me like an amp as to my ear it is very neutral and far more powerful than what I would expect from its size.
John, id strictly use an amp with IEMs... would this be a good choice under 200? im considering waiting for the arrow 4g if it ever comes out or go with a cheaper option. was considering the ZO2 but there seems to be issues with it and im unsure how i feel about it as of right now reading reviews and wonder how a " subwoofer " as it is marketed would be with an ie8
Well with my JHPro 13's, it sounds great. No hiss, even on high gain but I use it on low gain. If you keep it plugged into the source and on high gain and high volume, you can hear some hiss but as soon as you disconnect the source the hiss is gone so the amp isn't producing any and if you listened at this high volume you would be deaf in a short while.
Anyway, I haven't used the Pro 13's too much lately, opting for the open and closed phones for testing but this amp is a great choice with IEM's as there is plenty of solid bass delivery without being bloated or thumpy, which I can't stand. I do prefer the sound in high gain but that is the same as with most all amps I have. I find more resolution and transparency in high gain, and that is at the same volume of course.
Edited by jamato8 - 11/11/11 at 9:15am
yea. after the pb1/db1, it seems theyve been in a funk.
- iBasso T5 - A newly designed small portable. Specifications.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 6 seconds ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 2 minutes ago
- › ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod 4 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks - The Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO E18 Review 9 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 10 minutes ago
- › Headphone Recommendations for EDM? (Sub-$200) 12 minutes ago
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › Sennheiser MM 450-X Wireless Bluetooth Headphones by Faber65
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude