Great, looking forward to reading it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- iBasso T5 Last post on 10/20/11 at 2:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- <$200 portable amp for HD 25-1 II Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:58am in Portable Headphone Amps
- [Impression] JDS Labs C421 (OPA2227 vs. AD8620) featuring cmoyBB, O2, T5 and UHA-4. Last post on 6/16/14 at 5:28am in Portable Headphone Amps
- There are portable headphone amps in the head-gear section that need reviews. Last post on 7/5/12 at 11:23am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Tomahawk Failing - recos for similar to replace? Last post on 6/16/12 at 11:17am in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I've been working with Trinity (Trinity Audio Engineering) for almost a couple of years now. I don't...
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
- Headphone Impedance
iBasso T5 - A newly designed small portable. Specifications. - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Hey, I'm all for that, but I really need to see some objective measurements before I'm prepared to accept it. Back when Skylab's epic portable amp review was *the* resource for those looking for an amp, at least we had a single set of subjective impressions from someone who had heard almost everything on the market - now, it seems that every new amp that comes down the pike is being proclaimed a 'giant killer'. I'm not immune to it, but you would need a lot more than $700 to keep on top of the Fiio / iBasso curve each year.
I have much to compare to. I have the Super Micro and a number of the Reference amps as well as others. I don't really want to compare to all though, I would prefer to describe how well the music comes through and if it brings out the soul of what I am hearing. The Super Micro IV is a good point though as it is extremely transparent and very open. It still sets a standard, IMHO.
I will say that the T5 needs many hours to fully burn in. It has 470uf X8 in caps. Amazing that they got those in there but they take some time to form and so I just leave the unit playing much of the time with it being turned off from time to time. I will say that as 200 hours approaches, it has opened up much more than where it was at 120 hours. It was more open at around 20 hours than it was at 120 and now it is more even across the frequency range. This while comparing to another amp for reference from the same source so as to not rely on aural memory.
Listening to "Sailing to Philadelphia", Mark Knopler, the sound just resonates through my body. The bass is so profound and yet controlled and totally integrated and integral. This amp is really starting to come to life now. Interesting.
Edited by jamato8 - 11/5/11 at 7:38pm
Great stuff. I saw Knopfler and Dylan perform last friday here i Stockholm and I got reminded of some of the great tracks from both artists. During the show I made a mental note to listen to more of their stuff. Which I am right now! On a HA160D loaner, not on the T5, but I sure will when I have it :)
I haven't compared them yet. I haven't compared to anything except for the Black Gate modified internal amp of the iRiver. Once I feel the amp has plateaued, I will start doing more comparisons.
I am still trying to compare. My ears, since returning from Micronesia, well my right, get blocked and then it is fine. Right now fine but frustrating. What I am hearing is a very natural presentation with the T5 that belies its size. Past T amps, I think, packed a lot for the money and for the size. The T3, I still think, Is great. The T5 though steps up another notch and doesn't really sound to me like an amp as to my ear it is very neutral and far more powerful than what I would expect from its size.
John, id strictly use an amp with IEMs... would this be a good choice under 200? im considering waiting for the arrow 4g if it ever comes out or go with a cheaper option. was considering the ZO2 but there seems to be issues with it and im unsure how i feel about it as of right now reading reviews and wonder how a " subwoofer " as it is marketed would be with an ie8
Well with my JHPro 13's, it sounds great. No hiss, even on high gain but I use it on low gain. If you keep it plugged into the source and on high gain and high volume, you can hear some hiss but as soon as you disconnect the source the hiss is gone so the amp isn't producing any and if you listened at this high volume you would be deaf in a short while.
Anyway, I haven't used the Pro 13's too much lately, opting for the open and closed phones for testing but this amp is a great choice with IEM's as there is plenty of solid bass delivery without being bloated or thumpy, which I can't stand. I do prefer the sound in high gain but that is the same as with most all amps I have. I find more resolution and transparency in high gain, and that is at the same volume of course.
Edited by jamato8 - 11/11/11 at 9:15am
yea. after the pb1/db1, it seems theyve been in a funk.
- iBasso T5 - A newly designed small portable. Specifications.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › great bargain isolation discovery 3 minutes ago
- › Grado GS-2000e 5 minutes ago
- › ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run! 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240... 6 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 7 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 8 minutes ago
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...