just wondering if anyone is using these? I'm using 2xlme49720ha's in my xonar essence and wondering how they hail in comparison? I'm using denon d2000's if that helps at all?
Related Forum Threads
- headphone help Last post on 6/13/12 at 4:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- $1000 system for my pops 50th[UPDATE: Moderate hearing loss compensation!] Last post on 6/6/12 at 9:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vintage or Schiit ? Last post on 1/16/12 at 3:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- First good headphones? Last post on 12/15/11 at 11:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD600 - boomy bass - is it my amp? Last post on 10/21/11 at 2:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
lme 49990post #1 of 29/29/11 at 7:29amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 210/2/11 at 7:23pm
A lot depends on other components but the ha (small metal can housing dual opamps) had been the subject of much oohing and aahing prior to release of the lme49990. Then, based mostly on outstanding specs, most attention shifted to lme49990, which like the lme49710ha contains a single opamp.
The best way to compare them might be to participate in the GB over at diyaudio for one of the lme49990/lme49600 head amps and then order what eBay's Jim's Audio calls their "Low distortion ( 0.0001%!) preamplifier headphone amp !". Both require separate power supplies. Both use the LME49600 for the final stage (Jim's uses dual LME49600 and an LME49710ha) whereas the se-se and bal-se boards at diyaudio use the LME49990.
My own interest has been in using a bridged pair of Jim's boards to drive rewired HD600s. When the diyaudio boards ship I will be able to compare the bal-bal to the bridged pair. Keep in mind that the component count, and hence cost, for a pair of Jim's boards is twice that for the diyaudio bal-bal. I expect to discern little or no difference. YMMV.
The bottom line is that I will be making the comparison but have not yet done so. The pair of Jim's boards bridged sounds very good. Certainly better than a pair of discreet JC-2 clones similarly bridged.
- lme 49990
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 12 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 27 seconds ago
- › Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM 42 seconds ago
- › THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even... 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50 + Rockbox finally here (Latest Update: 2014-03-25) 2 minutes ago
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 (Hybrid Amp) - Discussion and Review... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 Alpen Portable Headphone Amplifier & DAC 3 minutes ago
- › UberBifrost vs Emo DC-1 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › free gifts of RE600, HM700 and RE400 5 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob