just wondering if anyone is using these? I'm using 2xlme49720ha's in my xonar essence and wondering how they hail in comparison? I'm using denon d2000's if that helps at all?
Related Forum Threads
- headphone help Last post on 6/13/12 at 4:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- $1000 system for my pops 50th[UPDATE: Moderate hearing loss compensation!] Last post on 6/6/12 at 9:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vintage or Schiit ? Last post on 1/16/12 at 3:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- First good headphones? Last post on 12/15/11 at 11:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD600 - boomy bass - is it my amp? Last post on 10/21/11 at 2:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Today
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
*A sample of the IEM500 was provided to me in return for my honest review* - Photos taken by, me.- One of the funniest things is when a company writes all these outlandish claims with their...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
lme 49990post #1 of 29/29/11 at 7:29amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 210/2/11 at 7:23pm
A lot depends on other components but the ha (small metal can housing dual opamps) had been the subject of much oohing and aahing prior to release of the lme49990. Then, based mostly on outstanding specs, most attention shifted to lme49990, which like the lme49710ha contains a single opamp.
The best way to compare them might be to participate in the GB over at diyaudio for one of the lme49990/lme49600 head amps and then order what eBay's Jim's Audio calls their "Low distortion ( 0.0001%!) preamplifier headphone amp !". Both require separate power supplies. Both use the LME49600 for the final stage (Jim's uses dual LME49600 and an LME49710ha) whereas the se-se and bal-se boards at diyaudio use the LME49990.
My own interest has been in using a bridged pair of Jim's boards to drive rewired HD600s. When the diyaudio boards ship I will be able to compare the bal-bal to the bridged pair. Keep in mind that the component count, and hence cost, for a pair of Jim's boards is twice that for the diyaudio bal-bal. I expect to discern little or no difference. YMMV.
The bottom line is that I will be making the comparison but have not yet done so. The pair of Jim's boards bridged sounds very good. Certainly better than a pair of discreet JC-2 clones similarly bridged.
- lme 49990
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Rational reasons to love vinyl 14 seconds ago
- › Closed headphone for listening to techno? 1 minute ago
- › Beginner Audiophile and need advice on starting Hardware 2 minutes ago
- › Kindly Request Your Expertise 4 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 6 minutes ago
- › Preparing to receive my new Fiio X-1: Need recommendations on card... 8 minutes ago
- › ZMF Omni Pre-Order Sale and Head-Fi Impressions Tour Sign Up 8 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 9 minutes ago
- › Looking for the right HiFi Headphones 10 minutes ago
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)