just wondering if anyone is using these? I'm using 2xlme49720ha's in my xonar essence and wondering how they hail in comparison? I'm using denon d2000's if that helps at all?
Related Forum Threads
- headphone help Last post on 6/13/12 at 4:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- $1000 system for my pops 50th[UPDATE: Moderate hearing loss compensation!] Last post on 6/6/12 at 9:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vintage or Schiit ? Last post on 1/16/12 at 3:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- First good headphones? Last post on 12/15/11 at 11:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD600 - boomy bass - is it my amp? Last post on 10/21/11 at 2:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/6/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
lme 49990post #1 of 29/29/11 at 7:29amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 210/2/11 at 7:23pm
A lot depends on other components but the ha (small metal can housing dual opamps) had been the subject of much oohing and aahing prior to release of the lme49990. Then, based mostly on outstanding specs, most attention shifted to lme49990, which like the lme49710ha contains a single opamp.
The best way to compare them might be to participate in the GB over at diyaudio for one of the lme49990/lme49600 head amps and then order what eBay's Jim's Audio calls their "Low distortion ( 0.0001%!) preamplifier headphone amp !". Both require separate power supplies. Both use the LME49600 for the final stage (Jim's uses dual LME49600 and an LME49710ha) whereas the se-se and bal-se boards at diyaudio use the LME49990.
My own interest has been in using a bridged pair of Jim's boards to drive rewired HD600s. When the diyaudio boards ship I will be able to compare the bal-bal to the bridged pair. Keep in mind that the component count, and hence cost, for a pair of Jim's boards is twice that for the diyaudio bal-bal. I expect to discern little or no difference. YMMV.
The bottom line is that I will be making the comparison but have not yet done so. The pair of Jim's boards bridged sounds very good. Certainly better than a pair of discreet JC-2 clones similarly bridged.
- lme 49990
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 14 seconds ago
- › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro 24 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 3 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation by HiFiChris
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by hakushondaimao
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2