just wondering if anyone is using these? I'm using 2xlme49720ha's in my xonar essence and wondering how they hail in comparison? I'm using denon d2000's if that helps at all?
Related Forum Threads
- headphone help Last post on 6/13/12 at 4:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- $1000 system for my pops 50th[UPDATE: Moderate hearing loss compensation!] Last post on 6/6/12 at 9:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vintage or Schiit ? Last post on 1/16/12 at 3:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- First good headphones? Last post on 12/15/11 at 11:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD600 - boomy bass - is it my amp? Last post on 10/21/11 at 2:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
HIFIMAN SuperMini review Oct 2016 INTRO Just some background on me with previous experience of daps and why I’ve arrived here at this point in time. ...In a Hi-Fi...
First of all, above any other factor, these are just SO COMFORTABLE!! There are very expensive headphones I used that sound really good but feel like someone is trying to crush my head. These have...
I think it is more of a smartphone gadget, than audiophiles device. It has the potential to save battery power when listening with portable devices. My subjective review of the sound: A little...
Introduction Simgot is a new name in Asian audio that is getting some attention with their new EN700 model. Supposedly, some that were involved in tuning the Ostry IEMs have tuned this one, so...
Have had these for a loooong time. Now that I've got older ears, I don't really hear the beautiful crystal-like treble anymore, but I'm sure it's still there. :)
lme 49990post #1 of 29/29/11 at 7:29amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 210/2/11 at 7:23pm
A lot depends on other components but the ha (small metal can housing dual opamps) had been the subject of much oohing and aahing prior to release of the lme49990. Then, based mostly on outstanding specs, most attention shifted to lme49990, which like the lme49710ha contains a single opamp.
The best way to compare them might be to participate in the GB over at diyaudio for one of the lme49990/lme49600 head amps and then order what eBay's Jim's Audio calls their "Low distortion ( 0.0001%!) preamplifier headphone amp !". Both require separate power supplies. Both use the LME49600 for the final stage (Jim's uses dual LME49600 and an LME49710ha) whereas the se-se and bal-se boards at diyaudio use the LME49990.
My own interest has been in using a bridged pair of Jim's boards to drive rewired HD600s. When the diyaudio boards ship I will be able to compare the bal-bal to the bridged pair. Keep in mind that the component count, and hence cost, for a pair of Jim's boards is twice that for the diyaudio bal-bal. I expect to discern little or no difference. YMMV.
The bottom line is that I will be making the comparison but have not yet done so. The pair of Jim's boards bridged sounds very good. Certainly better than a pair of discreet JC-2 clones similarly bridged.
- lme 49990
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Brainwavz HM5 Pads (Different Colours / Velour / Leather) 31 seconds ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 1 minute ago
- › Why do we pay $300 for headphones that cost $30 to manufacture? 1 minute ago
- › Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true? 3 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen |... 5 minutes ago
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 7 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 8 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 10 minutes ago
- › Lotoo's new product: Lotoo Paw Pico, a 27g ultra-portable music... 10 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by FortisFlyer75
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Peter Zhang
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...