just wondering if anyone is using these? I'm using 2xlme49720ha's in my xonar essence and wondering how they hail in comparison? I'm using denon d2000's if that helps at all?
Related Forum Threads
- headphone help Last post on 6/13/12 at 4:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- $1000 system for my pops 50th[UPDATE: Moderate hearing loss compensation!] Last post on 6/6/12 at 9:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vintage or Schiit ? Last post on 1/16/12 at 3:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- First good headphones? Last post on 12/15/11 at 11:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD600 - boomy bass - is it my amp? Last post on 10/21/11 at 2:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/6/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
lme 49990post #1 of 29/29/11 at 7:29amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 210/2/11 at 7:23pm
A lot depends on other components but the ha (small metal can housing dual opamps) had been the subject of much oohing and aahing prior to release of the lme49990. Then, based mostly on outstanding specs, most attention shifted to lme49990, which like the lme49710ha contains a single opamp.
The best way to compare them might be to participate in the GB over at diyaudio for one of the lme49990/lme49600 head amps and then order what eBay's Jim's Audio calls their "Low distortion ( 0.0001%!) preamplifier headphone amp !". Both require separate power supplies. Both use the LME49600 for the final stage (Jim's uses dual LME49600 and an LME49710ha) whereas the se-se and bal-se boards at diyaudio use the LME49990.
My own interest has been in using a bridged pair of Jim's boards to drive rewired HD600s. When the diyaudio boards ship I will be able to compare the bal-bal to the bridged pair. Keep in mind that the component count, and hence cost, for a pair of Jim's boards is twice that for the diyaudio bal-bal. I expect to discern little or no difference. YMMV.
The bottom line is that I will be making the comparison but have not yet done so. The pair of Jim's boards bridged sounds very good. Certainly better than a pair of discreet JC-2 clones similarly bridged.
- lme 49990
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 6 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 20 seconds ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 27 seconds ago
- › Which Headphones Should I Buy? 1 minute ago
- › AMP or AMP + DAC to get more stage for my beyers DT 880 250 ohms? 1 minute ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The "speed" of headphones 1 minute ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY AUDIO ENGINEERING LAUNCH NEW CAMPAIGN FOR HIGH-END SPORTS... 2 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by grizzlybeast
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by nauhid
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2