New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead Club - Page 646  

post #9676 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post
 


I find it hard to increase the clamp though with bending, usually it springs back after a little while.

Plastics spring back fast imo, and metal surrounded by plastic as well. The bare metal shouldn't spring back so much though, especially if you make a "sharp" bend as opposed to a "soft" one.

 

Kind of hard to explain but if your bending area is small you will have something like a 'V' creating a sharp bend. If you have a big bending area, it will be more round and like a 'U' and would be a soft bend. LOL

post #9677 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post

I have beyer pads until then and I like them actually


Good deal. I actually use either a pair of a HiFiMan pleathers or Shure 840 pads at the moment since I'm doing a skunkworks test with my Alpha pads.
post #9678 of 11259

^^ Are those the regular DT990 pleathers? They look different to me!

post #9679 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugguy View Post
 

 

Haha, I'm not old, but dubstep is just horrible. 


 Well, you actually know what dubstep is to know that you find it horrible.  I couldn't say, because to me - just like an old man rant - all these sub genres are WTF...don't they all kinda sound the same?  Just like old men in my generation criticising music from my generation, yet in my teenage years, I could differentiate all the then modern sub genres.

 

Y'all see in the next 10-20 years...y'all be like me now and go WTF is with todays music in the year 2025 - I promise.  :evil: 

 

On a positive note...my rehabilitation services found me a job vacancy as a sales person in the car audio section of the largest electronic retail chain in Oz (JB Hi-Fi).  Though I'm not holding my hopes up...I had to declare my back injury.  I know I wouldn't hire a guy with a back injury when I had a strong back - these guys moan all day, why can't they just get on with it? 'oh my back!' bunch a pussies.


Edited by SP Wild - 3/6/14 at 2:41am
post #9680 of 11259

Quick one...I think the top 40 is no longer keeping me in touch with today's youth...rather today's children?

 

Music was more expensive with CDs and teenagers spent their money on music and that's what the top 40 consisted of music for teenagers and young adults.

 

Now the top 40 is you tube and I tunes I think, and children - kids....they can get mom and pops to download whatever...like it's MUCH cheaper for an MP3 download in I tunes than a single CD.

 

Well no wonder I'm losing touch with the youth!  I know of all of Justin Biebers big hits...no one talks about Justin Bieber!  I've listening to a slightly older version of the Wiggles in the Top 40!

 

WTF...I just thought about that.

 

It must all be in the underground...poor youths of today.  Seriously.


Edited by SP Wild - 3/6/14 at 2:52am
post #9681 of 11259

Congrats mate! If you get it, you'll do really well. You'll have a skill that other sales people won't have - understanding a customers needs, when they tell you what sound signature they are looking for. They will struggle to tell you what they want - you'll be able to help them find the words. 

post #9682 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

Congrats mate! If you get it, you'll do really well. You'll have a skill that other sales people won't have - understanding a customers needs, when they tell you what sound signature they are looking for. They will struggle to tell you what they want - you'll be able to help them find the words. 

 

In an Ideal world that is how it should be.  I know I'm good with customers...Here is the problem. 

 

When I was a technician I'd help the sales team on weekends in their promo weekends.  I'd sit in the passenger seat whilst customers road test and not being a salesman, I could earn their trust because I was a technician, introduced as such to answer all their technical questions.

 

I sit with a gentleman in a 135i convertible, his pregnant wife in the back.  I can see the hubby's delight, but I can detect negativity coming from the pregnant missus.  I can see the issue, one wants to relive their youth with a turbo convertible...the other wants to move forward with a young family.  I told it to him straight.  The 135i is not for you...what other car would you be interested in considering the young family you are about to have?

 

I woke him right up...the conversation moved to an X5.  When we got back I showed him the X5s. 

 

The **** hit the fan on Monday morning, where I was accused of losing a sale...it didn't matter if they bought an X5...they can always sell an X5...the problem was they needed to move particular models and they don't care who to.  I got into the **** heap and any prospects of furthering a sales career was ended there and then. 

 

Typical German corporate empire...telling people what how to want and what to want.

post #9683 of 11259

You should proudly hold your head high, knowing you did the right thing.

 

I quit working for a large news outlet as a camera operator, after they wanted me interview the family of a person who had just drowned - even though the family declined the interview, I was told to "find a way to make the interview happen anyway". Nope.

 

Selling your moral compass is not worth the money. Ever.

post #9684 of 11259

This is the exact reason I don't want to be a salesman, I don't want to lie to customers. I've been forced to speak nice about products I know would have some issues. Ultimately my honesty resulted in getting fired once but I'm happily so, never any salesman jobs again, ever.

 

post #9685 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

You should proudly hold your head high, knowing you did the right thing.

 

I quit working for a large news outlet as a camera operator, after they wanted me interview the family of a person who had just drowned - even though the family declined the interview, I was told to "find a way to make the interview happen anyway". Nope.

 

Selling your moral compass is not worth the money. Ever.


Your words ease my soul.  I want to just volunteer for charity right now, but the insurance won't have any of that...but yet they have never paid me a cent...it's centrelink that keeps me going.

 

I am academically qualified to chase a career in sales and marketing...but having studied commerce towards the end, I realised the false premise of the corporate model - things I have to support in my essays, which are false and immoral, but needed to tell them what they wanted to hear in order to pass...but I needed to finish having come so far in. Thought I'd just be a mechanic instead.

 

Whatever happens is all good...I'm ready for WW3...bring it on biuches!

 

We'll hear some real bass when the artillery shelling begins.  :evil:

 

There I go again, old man ranting again...we'll just be all nuked in moments!  :L3000:

post #9686 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post
 

This is the exact reason I don't want to be a salesman, I don't want to lie to customers. I've been forced to speak nice about products I know would have some issues. Ultimately my honesty resulted in getting fired once but I'm happily so, never any salesman jobs again, ever.

 

 

I remember walking into a retail store...an elderly old man wants a nice pair of headphones...young sales chap is trying to sell him Monster Beats (Harvey Norman then had just become a beats dealer).  I can see the skeptism in the old man...his eyes kept darting to the Senheisser 595s.  I stayed out of it...but I shouldn't have...I should have said something - I was such an arrogant prick back in the day.  Probably still am.  But I should have intervened.

post #9687 of 11259
Hey, i spilled pop on my amp. Should I put it in rice?
post #9688 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsiCore View Post
 

Shure SRH1540 ordered - should be there until end of next week. Can't wait to hear how they compete against HD8 DJ and which phones I finally choose to stay.

 

words an not describe my jealousy! i look at amazon and ebay every once in a while to check these out. they appear to have more or less the perfect signature for me........ im hoping that with time ill be able to find them for a good used price, but at the moment i really cant afford to spend so much money on anything, let alone headphones since i onlt just purchased a pair... looking forward to your impressions!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Wild View Post
 

Quick one...I think the top 40 is no longer keeping me in touch with today's youth...rather today's children?

 

Music was more expensive with CDs and teenagers spent their money on music and that's what the top 40 consisted of music for teenagers and young adults.

 

Now the top 40 is you tube and I tunes I think, and children - kids....they can get mom and pops to download whatever...like it's MUCH cheaper for an MP3 download in I tunes than a single CD.

 

Well no wonder I'm losing touch with the youth!  I know of all of Justin Biebers big hits...no one talks about Justin Bieber!  I've listening to a slightly older version of the Wiggles in the Top 40!

 

WTF...I just thought about that.

 

It must all be in the underground...poor youths of today.  Seriously.

young at heart thats what counts! i never discriminate based on age, neither should you. im only a youngster (24) but some of my best friends are 6-7-8 years older than me, and some of them are alot younger too. same goes for music preferences. my dads ~50 and he enjoys alot of my electronic music when i let him have a listen. hol baumann, mr. scruff, phaeleh, you name it... and i also appreciate some sinatra from time to time, perhaps some ommadawn or pink floyd... 

post #9689 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

Hey, i spilled pop on my amp. Should I put it in rice?

 

Wait, what - seriously? What's pop? And if you spilled anything on it, is it still operational? Don't turn it on.

post #9690 of 11259
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep View Post

Hey, i spilled pop on my amp. Should I put it in rice?

Putting it in rice apparently does help to dry the amp out. It's definitely worth a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

 

Wait, what - seriously? What's pop? And if you spilled anything on it, is it still operational? Don't turn it on.

I think pop means soft drink, like coke or sprite.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked